• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
So glad I kept my 2080, reading this thread and seeing people saying their without GPU's till seemingly January makes me feel fortunate atm

I'm sort of same situation. I'm building a new PC, started it around August and decided to not let myself use it til I got my 3080. Starting to regret that decision, got an absolute beast sat in the corner doing nothing while I tinker along with my 5th gen i7 and 1080 (which isn't BAD but still).

Gonna sell my current whole PC when the 3080 arrives. I ALMOST listed it on ebay in a £1 listing promo around the 14th sept, so glad I didn't now lol

Associate
I'm sort of same situation. I'm building a new PC, started it around August and decided to not let myself use it til I got my 3080. Starting to regret that decision, got an absolute beast sat in the corner doing nothing while I tinker along with my 5th gen i7 and 1080 (which isn't BAD but still).

Gonna sell my current whole PC when the 3080 arrives. I ALMOST listed it on ebay in a £1 listing promo around the 14th sept, so glad I didn't now lol
I was gonna do something similar but just ended up plopping my 2080 in the new build, currently have a system sitting in the corner without a gpu waiting to sell now instead lol

Associate
Would anyone be able to reasonably guess what number I'd be in queue if I purchased a 3080 TUF today? Due to circumstances I couldn't preorder on the day and massively missed a spot... just curious how bad the backlog with OCUK actually is and if it's worth sitting in the queue if I'm not gonna get my card by this year.

Someone posted with a position of nearly 1500 for that card and I remember someone mentioned customer services saying they had 1700 pre-orders for the TUF non OC and that was a few days ago. Could be 2000 by now but you might have more luck with the OC. It's impossible to say how long it will take really. Asus could drop a few 500 card shipments every week through late October November or it might be 20 cards a week until Christmas.

Associate

I'm about to build new too, but have held off after seeing the nightmares with the 30 series. I can't see me buying and building until I can get my hands on a GPU.... and that doesn't look like being anytime soon!

Associate
I had considered selling my 2070 before the release but thought better of it. Given my 4-digit queue position that's probably a good thing!

I had liked the look of the X Trio before launch but didn't place the order til the next day cos I wanted to see some more reviews. Happy to wait although I was hoping to have the 3080 in time for cyberpunk. Ah well!

Associate
I had considered selling my 2070 before the release but thought better of it. Given my 4-digit queue position that's probably a good thing!

I had liked the look of the X Trio before launch but didn't place the order til the next day cos I wanted to see some more reviews. Happy to wait although I was hoping to have the 3080 in time for cyberpunk. Ah well!
At least that 2070 will run games well enough in the mean time! A friend of mine is stuck with his 960 still, poor guy

Associate
Had a look this evening and there isnt that many listed to be fair ! from what I;ve seen maybe 20 x 3080s max and maybe 10 x 3090s...... most of them are pre orders so people are just making themselves money if people are stupid enough to pay...... just wait , there is no hurry ! PC games are not going anywhere....... in the meantime chill and do something else with your life.
What interesting is the uplift of 3080 cards compared to 3090 cards. Average cost of 3080 seems to be about £1250 (66%) whereas the 3090 is about £1850 (16%)

Associate
I really dont get this,I order on the 17th and I'm 541

Out of curiousity, what does your non-OC4 order number start with? 586 or 587/588/589? And when did you get your order confirmed email, Monday night?

As @Del-Dredd mentioned my order was somehow duplicated on the 19th, and the first order disconnected from my account. They are fixing it manually (and so have removed me from future queue emails entirely since they will always lie to me), and told me they were now aware of a number of others in the same situation they will call and sort out in a similar manner. Look at my post history/seperate topic I made for more details, but there are at least a small number of us who they are aware are well behind where we should be in the queue, and they seemed to be ontop of making sure at least the set of people I'm in don't lose out.

Associate
Yup, got to hope they manufactured a lot and its on one of the large slow cargo ships on its way so we still chunk through the queues a bit.

Didn't they ship some via airmail for launch but the main supplies are by boat?
How long does it take for a boat ship?

Apparently AIB's couldn't manufacture until Sept 1st so maybe when the ships land would be mid October?
I've seen an AIB partner say the end of october shipments will be 10x launch week.

Associate
How long does it take for a boat ship?

Heard somewhere ~35 days. Google says:
> The time it can take for a container to reach the UK can be from about 20 days (from Mumbai, India) to around 35-40 days (from Beijing in Northern China). Typically, transit times when importing from Asia to the UK will be between 25 and 30 days.

Associate
Nothing has landed in the UK as yet to the best of my knowledge, and I'm 8th in the queue when they are finally arriving I'd hope to be in the first batch.

Sure hope you get one soon, originally ordered the Eagle oc, then cancelled and had a msi x trio ordered elsewhere but that got cancelled this evening! Gone for the ichill x4 as not as popular and I personally love the look! Can't wait to get me hands on one!

Associate
First Post on here, kinda confused.
How are these queues places generated?

Saw someone on here say they ordered the same card as me almost an hour before me, but their queue position is 20 behind be.

Back
Top Bottom