• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
ZOTAC TRINITY AMP HOLO
Position: 10
22nd @ 18:17

Has anyone heard anything about this card? I found a release date of 21st October on one online webpage but can't find anything else to confirm it. I've asked Zotac and even they say they can't disclose the date yet.

Associate
Nothing on the FE front if thats what you mean... I am checking more frequently now (0430hrs+ BST) as its my only other card choice after the Gigabyte Vision which my order has gone pairshapped for.

Last restock was 19:06 last Thursday...

Soldato
ZOTAC TRINITY AMP HOLO
Position: 10
22nd @ 18:17

Has anyone heard anything about this card? I found a release date of 21st October on one online webpage but can't find anything else to confirm it. I've asked Zotac and even they say they can't disclose the date yet.
Can you link the thing that said 21st?my friend has one ordered here, number 9 in the queue next to you, so would be good to give him a time frame
I emailed zotac for him too but haven't had a reply as yet

Associate
For those who think queue position is based on payment confirmation. No, it's not.

Based on my conversations with CS yesterday about my gliched queue position and order number (in summary, somehow my warehouse order data was recreated at 3pm on Saturday, so my 58xxxxx warehouse number matched that, pushing me 1000ish back in the MSI Trio queue) the customer service staff were very specific
  • They expected the queue to be sorted by the "order time" info
  • They had now been told it was using the 58xxxxx Warehouse Order number
Now, when that number is created we can argue about all day (what I was told suggested that for webstore orders it should be generated at the same time as the OC number, but other people here seem to have different experiences). But I can say for certain that they were very specific (and honestly, seemingly only just told, and not thrilled about it) that the queue was using the warehouse number rather than the order time.

Associate
Bit of background info and an update on my situation; I ordered an MSI Gaming X Trio at 14:19 on 17th Sept to replace my partners GTX 970. I had already ordered one for myself from a competitor and got it practically next working day.

Little did I know, my partner had put an order in with a competitor too, and they shipped his order the same day OCUK shipped my order (30th Sept).

Contacted customer services via OCUK Forum who advised it’s too late to cancel the order due to being shipped, but they raised an RMA for me and advised I’d need to pay return costs.

I delayed the delivery to Friday 2nd Oct, to give me enough time to work something out with OCUK customer services on the forums. They have managed to recall the parcel from DPD to avoid it being delivered to me and having to incur return costs.

Hopefully it makes it back to OCUK in good time to be shipped to someone in the queue :).

Associate
Can you link the thing that said 21st?my friend has one ordered here, number 9 in the queue next to you, so would be good to give him a time frame
I emailed zotac for him too but haven't had a reply as yet
That's the thing, I can't find it again :( It was on a foreign webpage that google had to translate but I can't find it again so I tried to find an alternate source to confirm it but nothing... :(

Associate
Bit of background info and an update on my situation; I ordered an MSI Gaming X Trio at 14:19 on 17th Sept to replace my partners GTX 970. I had already ordered one for myself from a competitor and got it practically next working day.

Little did I know, my partner had put an order in with a competitor too, and they shipped his order the same day OCUK shipped my order (30th Sept).

Contacted customer services via OCUK Forum who advised it’s too late to cancel the order due to being shipped, but they raised an RMA for me and advised I’d need to pay return costs.

I delayed the delivery to Friday 2nd Oct, to give me enough time to work something out with OCUK customer services on the forums. They have managed to recall the parcel from DPD to avoid it being delivered to me and having to incur return costs.

Hopefully it makes it back to OCUK in good time to be shipped to someone in the queue :).
Morning all,
You lucky boy! Oh, the thought of an unwanted 3080 being sent off to the orphanage :eek:
At least you returned it and not a scalper scumbag :D

Associate

How did you and your partner between you manage to place 3 orders fast enough on launch day from multiple websites to get all 3 delivered so quickly ?!

Associate
How did you and your partner between you manage to place 3 orders fast enough on launch day from multiple websites to get all 3 delivered so quickly ?!

I managed to get my own order in at midnight on 17th, which I believe they messed up with because I’m sure it was meant to be a 2pm launch.

And for my partners order, I was off work on the 17th, so I spammed the F5 key at 2pm on OCUK website, haha. I believe he did the same thing on his lunch break :D

Associate
Morning all,
You lucky boy! Oh, the thought of an unwanted 3080 being sent off to the orphanage :eek:
At least you returned it and not a scalper scumbag :D

I know right, if I were to incur return costs, I might’ve had to sell it instead. I can’t imagine it makes sense for me to pay extra to not get a product, than to sell it for a bit extra?

Glad I got the outcome I preferred though.

Associate
Gigabyte Aorus GeForce RTX 3080 XTREME
Queue Position - 151
Order Date - 23.09.2020

But some good news form Aorus UK & IE on Twitter
Posted 29 Sep 2020.

Gaming OC and eagle more in next 7 days

First 3080 MASTER and Vision due in next 7 days

Xtreme due next two weeks

However, this could be delayed by national holidays

Last edited:
Associate
Well that is interesting. I ordered on the 20th and am position 1500-ish. So in 6 days there were 249 more orders ? Sounds low, really low.I think I got pushed at the back of the queue because I do.not have connections.
No i think theres a LOT of orders for this...and now there is a big holiday in china this or next week so all production seems to be paused

Associate
dont worry guys, OCUK probably sells the most GPUs then anyone else in the UK

Im sure they will get the biggest slice of the cards coming in to the UK, big delivery's coming

These probably about 3000+ cards sitting in dover port ready for distribution

im in number 700 and 141, and i bet ill receive both cards in the next 14-21 days or maybe in a week, i can feel it.

I now realise that everyone needs a dose of RTX 2.0 FPS
There aren't that many cards "just waiting distribution": this shortage is global, it's not just a UK thing. If "proper shipments" had already been sent, you'd see more people in Europe and USA getting cards, instead they are in our same situation. Also, don't forget we're in the middle of the Golden Week now, don't expect increases in shipments for a while.

Associate
It's when the payment went through, some people used finance etc
I doubt it's entirely that.
I placed an order for MSI Trio at 15:05, my payment didn't clear title like 21:30. And I am 112 in queue, whereas people who ordered after me but had their payments cleared before me are behind me in queue.

Back
Top Bottom