• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

The lack of concerted updates from Gigabyte concerns me. Most other AIB's have seen some, if only a little movement, in shipments.

As far as I can tell, Gigabyte hasn't sent anything further to OcUK since their initial allotment (assuming they had any, because I have not seen anyone with an Eagle or Gaming OC from OcUK, although I may have missed them).

Being number 508 in the Q for an Eagle makes me think I will not see the card this year unless there are some hefty shipments on their way.

As they say, Hope springs eternal!

I am number 7 and so close!

Only information we have on Gigabyte cards is the tweet they sent on Tuesday:

https://twitter.com/AORUS_UK/status/1310893844280602625?s=20

Says next 7 days so they could arrive early next week.

From what I have read online I don't think any UK retailer has had a Gigabyte delivery this week so I reckon it must be in customs somewhere.

I am number 7 and so close!

Only information we have on Gigabyte cards is the tweet they sent on Tuesday:

https://twitter.com/AORUS_UK/status/1310893844280602625?s=20

Says next 7 days so they could arrive early next week.

From what I have read online I don't think any UK retailer has had a Gigabyte delivery this week so I reckon it must be in customs somewhere.

I only see this as good news, Giga have taken the time to ensure their cards are done right.

Im 25th in line for the Aorus xtream 3080 so the chances of being in the first batch are slim I guess for me, however Aorus confirmed the absolute best binned parts are going into the xtreme, and with the largest cooling solution and 3 power cables I have high hopes for near as dam it 3090 performance and at the least the fastest air cooled 3080 on the market.

unfortunately I think that whatever stock is being produced is being transported via air freight. I don't think there are many, if any at all, sitting on a massive ship waiting to save everyone's day. If so then there would be an ETA on these cards.

Edit: That being said i've been told by a competitor before i cancelled their order that they were going to fulfill all preorders in the month of october but im pretty sure they were just saying that to keep people from cancelling...

There's usually a scramble to get to anything shipped from China before golden week starts so the ship has time to land, get goods moved to their final destination and then booked in and on shelves for the Christmas run up. This would be Septembers production going on the ship so if they managed to have a good September run and air shipped some in to just keep things ticking over then there may well be something big landing towards the end of October.

More realistically production will be ramping up now and they'll ship large amounts towards the end of this month. These will land towards the end of November and it will be a big mix of 3070's and 3080's. Air freight will still come in the meantime though. If any partner could flood the market right now with their cards that's a great opportunity to pick up some mind share and brand loyalty. I'm not sure how much of a hit it is to ship huge quantities by air but would it be worth it to get their brand out there before others to try and create some long term customers?

I'm not sure how much of a hit it is to ship huge quantities by air but would it be worth it to get their brand out there before others to try and create some long term customers?

Unfortunately due to generally reduced flights, air cargo capacity is about 25% down on last year globally.

Specifically between China and Europe is is approaching 30% down.

Between China and the USA it is almost unaffected.

So right now it is easy to get cargo space to ship air freight to the USA than it is to ship to Europe.

So even if cost wasn't a consideration, it isn't easy to get 'huge quantities' moved to Europe by air right now.

I tweeted Palit a few days ago, and they had just sent out stock, advising it would be with retailers end of this week/beginning of next.
I see. I emailed them last week and they said that there will be Palit cards reaching UK soil this week so I had this false sense of hope all week until yesterday haha. I wonder if this graphics card will arrive before my Quest 2.

... just to add re the relative cost of air vs sea shipping, once you allow for volumetric weight, air works out around 12x more expensive than sea.

These cards are heavy for their size unfortunately which counts against them for air freight.

AIBs know that demand is so great that (most) people will sacrifice preferred models just to get a 3080. If ever there was motivation to get these into our hands, that's it and can see decent stock arriving end of October (holiday issues aside) based on the lag between them seeing demand and getting them distributed. Whilst I've not the foggiest about the supply chain for parts for these, they'll be moving heaven and earth to get them as this a phenomenally lucrative opportunity for them.

Back
Top Bottom