• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
If OC were being more transparent it would save you mods tons of hassle. When a company takes money upfront, there come certain expectations, which are not being met.

I think a big reason competitors are being mentioned is that they are our main source of info about card shipments. I'm not condoning rule-breaking, nor have I broken said rules. But this is on OC and will only get worse. The bad news is better than no news, they could have easily made the situation less intense by taking a deposit rather than charge full amount, by charging full price they've kinda put a price on their heads. We have no ETA and just vague updates like "good amount/small amount of stock" which is annoying. If they legit don't know anything, then they should tell us. Being honest and upfront would ease many of us. I don't mind waiting if we are well informed.

I bought outside of OCUK, but I know you guys like to know the deal (as I have my Strix) because at least then you know there IS stock being sent and it is available. OC just need to be honest about how much there is/will be, so people don't get their hopes up.

I mean OC isn't the only bad one here, I wasn't told Jack about my order and it wasn't even due stock, but I just had a random despatch email.

It's all shambles if you ask me. I'm just lucky I have one (not that I can use it yet without stable drivers)

Associate
If OC were being more transparent it would save you mods tons of hassle. When a company takes money upfront, there come certain expectations, which are not being met.

I think a big reason competitors are being mentioned is that they are our main source of info about card shipments. I'm not condoning rule-breaking, nor have I broken said rules. But this is on OC and will only get worse. The bad news is better than no news, they could have easily made the situation less intense by taking a deposit rather than charge full amount, by charging full price they've kinda put a price on their heads. We have no ETA and just vague updates like "good amount/small amount of stock" which is annoying. If they legit don't know anything, then they should tell us. Being honest and upfront would ease many of us. I don't mind waiting if we are well informed.

And they might as well give us bad news, because it's not like we can easily go and place an order anywhere else right now. As things currently stand OCUK are sitting on a bunch of cash and we're getting piecemeal drips of info. When compared to certain other retailers, it's astonishingly bad.

Associate
Any update on Gigabyte cards? Mainly the Eagle?

A competitor said they were getting the cards last week. This was delayed and meant to be this week... However, it appears they have only taken shipment of Vision and Aorus variants. The eagle is showing as expected 30th November. I'd be keen to hear from Gigabyte what the status is...!? I'm assuming, that if there is a delay, it's due to the dodgy boards and power connectors.

Associate
I’ve raised this with the shop today. I made a bigger post in the 3090 thread earlier, but my point still stands... the rules are there, just because you’re aggravated it doesn’t give you the right to break them.

Hi @EVH could you also please raise my previous question to the shop about how likely it is if we get a card shipped in the next couple weeks we’d get the promo codes for watchdogs? I understand you can’t give out exact numbers of cards shipped but I’m aware it was limited to 1000 so if possibly could you speak to that a little even if it’s just a wink face? Many thanks

Associate
"Luckily, being one of the biggest suppliers of computer hardware in the UK means we can almost guarantee we will receive allocation before anyone else"

So who is at fault for OC clearly not living up to multiple statements they have made like this?

Associate
Ok every day this forum becomes a little bit more depressing. Here are some hopeful thoughts:

AIBs have to distribute stock in a somewhat fair manner, so, what if, again im being hopeful - competitors are getting the majority of the small shipments now, and OCUK (because they are in such a good position to receive stock before anyone else) will receive the later LARGER shipments coming by sea? Wouldn't that be a nice thought? :) :) :) lets stop hating for a second and assuming everything they do has some evil capitalist reason :)

Associate
Same for me.

MSI gaming x trio ordered the 17th, 15:16.

Only two emails (payment accepted + situation on the 3080 situation but nothing about my queue)

Same here,ordered 3 minutes before you. There was a glitch. Have my doubts whether we are in the queue at all because customer service will not give me a precise queue position because apparently they cannot access the "new" order database. So nobody can verify whether or not we are actually even on there and the lack of email suggests that we probably aren't.
Just another mess to go with the rest of the mess. Shambles.

Associate
I'm confused where the Aorus/gigabyte cards are. They tweeted out to say they're available from yesterday and still nothing about them? How does the place with the best possible position to aquire cards not have any, or know when any are being sent to them.

Check the Aorus Cards thread. Gigabyte rep, posted an update in there.

Associate
"Luckily, being one of the biggest suppliers of computer hardware in the UK means we can almost guarantee we will receive allocation before anyone else"

So who is at fault for OC clearly not living up to multiple statements they have made like this?
My favorite is this statement:

We are receiving and shipping cards on a daily basis as they arrive from the various manufacturers

This should be taken off of the web page, as it's clearly not true.

Associate
I wanted to plum for that as its a 10bit panel, but i was after faster response, i think the PX277 is a bit faster and it was a nice bit cheaper...
I love how pixio have refind there design around these models over the years they have an awesome chassis and super easy to use menus.

I used to own a crossover 27" overclockable monitor and o how they have come on with ghosting and smeering...

My only negative is the PX277 have a slight grainy-ness to its matte layer. It damanges the crispness a bit.

For what I play I never really notice the response time. I had a super fast 1080 TN panel previously I cannot tell the difference. I love the monitor. Best I’ve had.
Me too. It’s such a super simple minimalistic design with a tiny logo. Not a fan of these gamer look monitors.

Associate
On another site I just viewed, you can have a system built with a 3080 card in it, delivered tomorrow....

These companies are defo holding cards back for their builds.

Yet to buy a single card on it own, says out of stock, or coming soon.

Associate
Just an FYI for anyone thinking about cancelling. I cancelled last Tuesday. Paid via Paypal, and as of right now I still haven't received the refund yet. It's just sitting as pending with Paypal. Not sure what the hold up is but it's been 8 days now.

Associate
Just an FYI for anyone thinking about cancelling. I cancelled last Tuesday. Paid via Paypal, and as of right now I still haven't received the refund yet. It's just sitting as pending with Paypal. Not sure what the hold up is but it's been 8 days now.
Waiting for my refund on another retailer to come back...

Back
Top Bottom