• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
Just looking at a competitors site. They have nothing in stock yet still 120+ people viewing some items. thats how many people you're fighting with to get one :D

Soldato
I just cancelled my ASUS STRIX 3090 OC order. Chinese inside sources tell me Nvidia will release a Ti/Super version early 2021.

Do you have a published source by any chance? Not trying to discredit what you're saying in any way, but I'd be interested to read further information on a possible Ti/Super variant of the 3090.

Associate
If there's going to be a loss of promotional bundle then OC should give customers a small refund to compensate us for the trouble. What's the problem sending the promotional bundle anyway?

Associate
Then your ETA is what it was at the time of purchase and they do not have a new one to provide to you yet. They cannot give you what they do not have. If you have had not a new one and would like further information, then contact support. Also, give further consideration what the E in ETA means.

If the funds are used to buy the cards on preorder from the distributer, like what should happen. How could they not know. Other retailers stop taking orders at the point where they 'don't know'. Plus that ETA would have induced folk into purchasing at OC UK instead of other retailers. Thereby making them miss out on purchasing the same item potentially sooner from other retailers.

Associate
This is a lie. We didn't agree on anything. We had the situation imposed on us. When I made my purchase the site said ETA 23rd of September. This never happened. So, no, there was never an agreement to anything

ETA means Estimated time, not Exact time. You don't have a leg to stand on so quit complaining you have the option for a full refund at any time. If you choose not to take it then you are agreeing to the current situation

Associate
If there's going to be a loss of promotional bundle then OC should give customers a small refund to compensate us for the trouble. What's the problem sending the promotional bundle anyway?
Because you need your card to use/redeem it. Plus if they sent early people would complain and cancel orders whilst keeping the promo game

ETA means Estimated time, not Exact time. You don't have a leg to stand on so quit complaining you have the option for a full refund at any time. If you choose not to take it then you are agreeing to the current situation
And thats the problem. We trusted OC to know what was going on in their own business. You're right we have no leg to stand on but its really taking the pee a bit when its clear that tactic (intentional or not) was used to lure people to press the buy button on that particular product. Why wasn't it just marked pre-order like the others. Because thats what they wanted to sell at that point obviously :)

Associate
IDK about others but for me i'm going to give them another couple of weeks and see what happens now holidays are done. If numbers aren't on the up then i'll take my cash elsewhere. I don't see what more anybody can do. I personally wont see a huge benefit but as this is my first proper gaming & graphics pc in years i wanted the best. I got a 2070 to tide me over and i'm glad i did as i have a feeling the 3080 isn't going to appear soon. Love to be proven wrong but the eagles are migrating to other places it seems right now lol.

Yep i got a notification but you got there first grrrr. Still its one to watch if theyre getting more in next week :)

Ah sorry bud! but really someone else beat me to it haha

To be honest the card I want is the TUF, so if i manage to get one before the eagle arrives I'd happily pass it on to someone for the price I bought at

Associate
Personal opinion - If you offer stock with an ETA and you are accepting orders you are saying we should have the stock to me the orders we are allowing. That is the crux of my frustration. I work in a place where sell what we have, not what we might have, maybe. You sell what you have in stock or know what is going to be in stock in the very near future, based on what you have ordered. I ordered based on an ETA of the 23rd. I didn't ask them to put a BS ETA, they decided to do that.

I like OCUK as a store, since I've been in the UK. I've used them consistently over the years and rate them as a great seller. I'm not a forum user, I've had no reason to be. That being said, with this launch, they have **** the bed with this launch and there is a very valid reason for people, such as myself, to vent on this forum. Come on now, people who ordered on launch day still haven't received stock. Look at the line for Asus Tuf Non OC. Its a farce.

Soldato
If the funds are used to buy the cards on preorder from the distributer, like what should happen. How could they not know.

Retailers can take pre-orders without being issued an allocation from a manufacturer. They may have been given a formal non-binding agreement of a supply, just not a specific unit allocation.

Associate
yeah my forum name is super out of date lol.

I'd still argue "one of the first" is pretty misleading but I can see that wouldn't hold up in court. Doesn't make it any better to their customers and especially to threaten a customer like they did, left a really bad taste in my mouth for OCUK tbh. If Alee had replied with what you said, it'd of been absolutely fine with me and I'd of just been a little annoyed but just... ugh.

unknown.png

(For context, the screenshot I shared was @Bariseray 's comment about another retailer getting more stock vs Gibbo's comment about OCUK being "one of the first", implying they'd get at least equal stock)

Fyi "the competitor" aka the company that's been posting daily updates recently on their webpage has told me that they will more than likely be opening up orders at the end of December.

Associate
Do you have a published source by any chance? Not trying to discredit what you're saying in any way, but I'd be interested to read further information on a possible Ti/Super variant of the 3090.
I would imagine a the 3080 will get TI but the 3090 probably won't going by the way nvidia structured their cards before e.g 2080ti /titan, 1080ti/titan pretty much how it will look now as the 3090 is basically titan without the name, so 3070 / 3070 super,/3080/ 3080 super/ 3080ti then 3090 (titan theoretically) although this is how I see it but most likely very innacurate lol

Back
Top Bottom