• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
Hmmm I didn't buy the PNY because of the reports about coil noise and burning smells!

I haven't seen any of those reports. I have seen plenty of people reporting that they are absolutely fine though, people have a bad opinion of PNY based on word of mouth rather than actual experience. If I have an issue with the card I will just return it and stick with my 2080 until a different brand becomes available again.

Associate
This.
I've been building PC's for over 30 years and dont get the recent trend for putting glass panels on the side and lighting it up like Blackpool illuminations.
I tend to look at the screen when using a PC.
Agreed. My previous PC had metal sides, my new one will be hidden behind monitor. Who needs to stare at a box?

Associate
Your card went in a pre build mate , assuming they had that many,
I spoke with a Aorus rep who said ocuk had a delivery on the 30th October,
That would account for the "teens" amount that gigaman referred to the other week

I fully agree - they have had stock, I am sure of it. I think the CS person put their foot in it on Discord and then was told to retract their statement (all on public record). Now that @Just-Dave has chatted to yet another Aorus rep that has just confirmed what Giga-man has already said - it's obvious they have had them

Associate
I fully agree - they have had stock, I am sure of it. I think the CS person put their foot in it on Discord and then was told to retract their statement (all on public record). Now that @Just-Dave has chatted to yet another Aorus rep that has just confirmed what Giga-man has already said - it's obvious they have had them

I personally believe ocuk staff have had them for themselves but that's just speculation

Associate
Why have they made like 3-4 different OC cards for the same GPU? We already know that 3000 can't OC for ****. These are like tiny OC's they are making while making out they are major performance differences when in reality their really isn't.
I bought this one for the looks not the oc it’s the nicest looking 2x8pin gpus on the market and will make my build sexy af

Associate
yeah,

well something is going on because what Aorus have said is cotnradicting what Gibbo has been telling us.

I do not know why they are doing it - possibly pre-built PC's or perhaps they are building a buffer stock - the numbers were still very low (I think 9). However, they have tried to hide/deny and possibly lie about receiving them, so they know we wouldn't be happy if we found out.

Permabanned
Welcome to the club, glad you could finally join us ;) gigaman dropped the ball yesterday then soon changed his tune you won't get much out of him again believe me Saruman and gigaman will be pals. ps before the chutney ferrets start i would go elsewhere but its to late I put my money in this company but the graphics cards are going out of the back door. they've done us over Royal.

Back
Top Bottom