• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
Large and another OK needed for me roughly, be surprised if they manage it though. Taken this long just to get some as it is, hopefully they keep getting regular stock now and not just this as an odd 1 off
I'm 900+ in the queue so I need several dream amounts to get my card.. around 4080 and defo 3080ti release date lol

Associate
I'm guessing you've ordered a Palit? I ordered mine on 14.11.20 and I'm 108 in the queue. Should be interesting to see how far we have dropped down on Friday.

Ah good old friday update. The day of the week thousands of people up and down the UK wait for an email to find out how many have died in the queue in front of them. It is not so much Black Friday as it is Día de los Muertos.

Associate
Yeah that's right, ordered mine on the 18th after hoping the OTHER GPU launch was going to be different but I don't know why because damn

So in just 4 days it went up by 60, which is... Actually not as much as I'd have expected. I guess we will see! I can only assume they got through the majority of backorders, as the competitor also had 0 orders on it not too long ago.
Yeah hopefully! It's just annoying that there's barely any updates on Palit here while the competitors had it up few times for pre order.. I just hope we get it before Christmas. Actually I messaged Palit few days ago and they basically told me that there's a big shipment going to UK early December. Didn't specify which retailers unfortunately..

Associate
Yeah hopefully! It's just annoying that there's barely any updates on Palit here while the competitors had it up few times for pre order.. I just hope we get it before Christmas. Actually I messaged Palit few days ago and they basically told me that there's a big shipment going to UK early December. Didn't specify which retailers unfortunately..

Interesting! Well usually I guess it depends on who ordered what amount, so fingers crossed!

Associate
Waiting on a Palit 3080 (non OC) also. We get no feedback on anything from them. It’s getting a tad annoying now.even though I get it’s out of OCUK’s control in some ways.

Associate
You need to learn your rights dude this is from the Gov website concerning online sales

Before an order is placed
You must provide:

• your business name, contact details and address
  • a description of your goods or services
  • the price, including all taxes
  • how a customer can pay
  • delivery arrangements, costs and how long goods will take to arrive
  • the minimum length of their contract and billing period
  • conditions for ending contracts
  • how they can cancel and when they lose the right to cancel
  • if they will still need to pay reasonable costs for using a service after they cancel
  • a standard cancellation form, if they can cancel
  • conditions for money given as a deposit or financial guarantees
  • what digital content does (for example, the language it’s in or how to update software)
  • the cost of using phone lines or other communication to complete the contract where it will cost more than the basic rate
This information must be easy to understand and on paper, in an email or another format the customer can save for future reference.

Does anybody who bought online have a firm date for delivery?
Did you get an email at the time of purchase detailing all the above?

You've misread that mate. How long it takes to arrive is not the same as a delivery date. So stating 'goods will be dispatched and arrive within 5 days of having stock' or similar wording is sufficient.

Associate
You've misread that mate. How long it takes to arrive is not the same as a delivery date. So stating 'goods will be dispatched and arrive within 5 days of having stock' or similar wording is sufficient.

None of this matters either way, because even if they did bend, stretch or break some rules, it takes a lot before anything happens. Anyone that needs an example of this should spend 30mins reading the reviews and social media feedback for a certain spicy food company. Be sure to put on some tragic music while reading. There are groups formed around the web to try and fight them, sometimes hundreds strong...they seem to get nowhere. They respond now and then with the standard "while even one problem is one too many, the vast majority of.....".

I myself must have said a dozen times that I'm never shopping there again...that I can't even understand how they stayed in business all these years. And yet I do shop there when it suits me. Why? Because sometimes I want stuff and they have it.

Back
Top Bottom