• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
Large Asus delivery and not a single 3080 strix oc ! @Gibbo @ASUS GPU Support with only 15 ish shipped in 2 month some sort of update on what's going on would appreciated we paid premium and seem to be getting shafted for it

I agree to be honest it really does feel like we have been shafted and we paid a premium for the oc version. Over 2 months since i preordered im 24th in the que and only a small amount of strix 3080 oc cards have been shipped from overclockers since launch. No doubt i'll be having the same conversation on this thread this time next month. Take care guys/girls.

Last edited:
Associate
None of this matters either way, because even if they did bend, stretch or break some rules, it takes a lot before anything happens. Anyone that needs an example of this should spend 30mins reading the reviews and social media feedback for a certain spicy food company. Be sure to put on some tragic music while reading. There are groups formed around the web to try and fight them, sometimes hundreds strong...they seem to get nowhere. They respond now and then with the standard "while even one problem is one too many, the vast majority of.....".

I myself must have said a dozen times that I'm never shopping there again...that I can't even understand how they stayed in business all these years. And yet I do shop there when it suits me. Why? Because sometimes I want stuff and they have it.
With that attitude you should run a pc parts company to make cash and think customers wont remember.
Yes, ocuk will still make cash by selling parts and pc's but i know for sure there is a lot of people who are going to go out their way (pay a bit more) to shop else where.

And its nothing to do with covid or low stock from Nvidia and its all about how ocuk think they can treat people who give them cash.

Soldato
Looks like I'm out, just snagged a 3080 Eagle OC for delivery next Wednesday / Thursday. I have another pre-order of the same card with another site from 2.20pm launch day which I might keep until this order has arrived. I'll offer that at a non scalper price if it does get dispatched as well.

Last edited:
Associate
Seems to me that part of the shortage is down to the people who preorder unwanted cards from various venders because they are impatient. Preordering cards you don't want (just to get one early) is stopping a genuine person getting a card they want. Coming on here complaining there is no stock ? Pretty sure your multiple buying is having the same effect on others in different aib forums. The real annoying thing is, most of those cards will be cancelled once the OC sends these back orders out.

Associate
Seems to me that part of the shortage is down to the people who preorder unwanted cards from various venders because they are impatient. Preordering cards you don't want (just to get one early) is stopping a genuine person getting a card they want. Coming on here complaining there is no stock ? Pretty sure your multiple buying is having the same effect on others in different aib forums. The real annoying thing is, most of those cards will be cancelled once the OC sends these back orders out.

So there’s a shortage because people have ordered multiple cards from multiple retailers?

Even though none of those retailers actually have the cards and all the person is really doing is hedging their bets.

Riiiiiiiiiiight...

Soldato

OCUK only allow you to have 1 pre order. Some people who had multiple pre orders were asked to choose which one they wanted to cancel.

Also stop just waiting for an arbitrary pre order to arrive lol. Especially if you're so far back in the queue. It's the worst strategy to procure one.

Associate
Small claims court cost 15 quid... once that goes through it will open other doors what will prove what he is saying is correct.

If he does that then OCUK will simply cancel his order and refund him in full, can do that now without paying the £15.

There is no right to specific performance or compensation, merely a full refund which is there for the asking ...

Back
Top Bottom