• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
So the main competitor is able to give exact numbers of preorders on all cards, with their delivery expecations for the next three weeks...yet Gibbo only appears once a week or so to shrug his shoulders a bit and show off his new Ferrari. Nice.

I agree the contrast is striking. But then, so is OCUK's situation. I think they cannot afford to be as clear and transparent as this competitor and it is a problem of their own making.

The competitor you are talking about has approximately 2,000 unfulfilled 3080 backorders and they ship about 200 3080s per week. The situation varies considerably from brand to brand, with backorders for popular cards being quite slow to fulfil. But with weekly shipments at 10% of total backorders, progress seems realistic. At OCUK, the number of weekly shipments as a proportion of total backorders is probably infinitesimal. To put this into perspective, people on this forum complain that it looks like their queue position of 1,234 for the Asus Rog Strix 3080 OC may never be fulfilled as there is yet another week without a shipment of that card, while the competitor has a mere 187 cards of that particular model on backorder. Of course, customers at the back of the competitor's queue have a long wait ahead of them, but they have a prospect to receive their card eventually and they are kept informed as the competitor is very transparent.

There are loads of people in the OCUK backorder queues that have no prospect of receiving their order from OCUK in the foreseeable future. If OCUK would publish the same information as this competitor, this would become blatantly clear. Some manager made the stupid decision of keeping "pre-orders" open for far too long without informing customers of queue lengths. Perhaps they're hoping that the excess of customers they attracted will go away quietly.

Associate
mate I leave the country for good next month and im still in pos 1900 in queue, want to cancel today but no service reps

Use their form. I'm sure OCUK will be happy to see you go because at position 1,900, there is no way they will be able to fulfil your order in the foreseeable future. They should never have allowed you to order without informing you of the queue length and a clear indication of the volume they deliver.

Associate
Got a MSI Ventus 3080 OC from a competitor couple of weeks ago and finally built my system. I've cancelled my pre-order with OcUK for the EVGA 3080 XC3 Black, was on queue number 130 so ppl after me will move forward.

Good luck everyone! Its great that I don't have to check my emails, websites and this forum everyday for updates on the RX6000/RTX 3000 series cards and Zen 3 CPUs anymore and can just enjoy my games in 4k!

Soldato
I agree the contrast is striking. But then, so is OCUK's situation. I think they cannot afford to be as clear and transparent as this competitor and it is a problem of their own making.

The competitor you are talking about has approximately 2,000 unfulfilled 3080 backorders and they ship about 200 3080s per week. The situation varies considerably from brand to brand, with backorders for popular cards being quite slow to fulfil. But with weekly shipments at 10% of total backorders, progress seems realistic. At OCUK, the number of weekly shipments as a proportion of total backorders is probably infinitesimal. To put this into perspective, people on this forum complain that it looks like their queue position of 1,234 for the Asus Rog Strix 3080 OC may never be fulfilled as there is yet another week without a shipment of that card, while the competitor has a mere 187 cards of that particular model on backorder. Of course, customers at the back of the competitor's queue have a long wait ahead of them, but they have a prospect to receive their card eventually and they are kept informed as the competitor is very transparent.

There are loads of people in the OCUK backorder queues that have no prospect of receiving their order from OCUK in the foreseeable future. If OCUK would publish the same information as this competitor, this would become blatantly clear. Some manager made the stupid decision of keeping "pre-orders" open for far too long without informing customers of queue lengths. Perhaps they're hoping that the excess of customers they attracted will go away quietly.
The difference is, the competitor in question offers excess cards to those that have waited the longest in the queues with low volumes of other cards, so someone that’s waiting a launch day 3080TuF would already have been offered another brand of card on the other site, where as here the poor ****** is still waiting patently £700-800 down

Associate
No sorry I meant that if that's an indication of stock coming to OC around the same time...I'm 412 here. So unless I can bag a suprim, i'll not have an MSI before xmas. The reason I'm 412 here though is because I had 4 orders rejected at competitor, where I had an ftw ultra bought with OTP and all done, then cancelled 4x, Then my bank put a fraud stop on my card lol. So I came here and used paypal.
Ah get you yeh I don't think a lot of us here will be getting ours nomatter what the brand is tbh. I think a lot of people will jump on the suprim aswell and just money tied up . Keep an eye out on the competitor though as I said they'll be getting them next week .
I do understand that they obviously don't want to show that they have littrely 1000's of back orders on cards . But truth is even the ones in the top 100 don't look like they'll recieve it in the foreseeable future . As I've said before I would cancel but then I'm left with a sour taste in my mouth knowing I could have potentially got it a few weeks ago and now having to pay 100 extra. 3070s being priced roughly the same as I payed for 3080 is muggish . The least they can do is be more honest

Last edited:
Associate
With the ASUS delivery marked as incoming, does that typically mean it's about to arrive? Or is expected in a week or what?

Not sure I've ever seen that phrasing used in the update thread.

So the main competitor is able to give exact numbers of preorders on all cards, with their delivery expecations for the next three weeks...yet Gibbo only appears once a week or so to shrug his shoulders a bit and show off his new Ferrari. Nice.

I think Gibbo could do a lot better at conveying the information to us, more detailed numbers, dates etc, I am frustrated like many on here, but I still cringe when anyone brings the 'Ferrari' into the debate, I don't find it relevant at all, I'm a self confessed 'poor person' but peoples worldly possessions really have no bearing on my life at all, I am happy with my lot, they are happy with theirs, I just don't get why it's such a bugbear with people.

Associate
I've been an Overclockers customer for 10 years (my post history goes back to the AMD X4 days, yikes) and I will never, ever order from here again, and will tell all of my PC enthusiast friends the same.

There are many better options out there now guys. I've since got a 3080 from another store and could have bought another one in the same time.

Associate
With the ASUS delivery marked as incoming, does that typically mean it's about to arrive? Or is expected in a week or what?

Not sure I've ever seen that phrasing used in the update thread.

Nothing about this process has been exact or logical. It would simply be more guess work unfortunately. I'm still none the wiser if a large order will cover my #90 status in the TUF OC queue.

Associate
I think Gibbo could do a lot better at conveying the information to us, more detailed numbers, dates etc, I am frustrated like many on here, but I still cringe when anyone brings the 'Ferrari' into the debate, I don't find it relevant at all, I'm a self confessed 'poor person' but peoples worldly possessions really have no bearing on my life at all, I am happy with my lot, they are happy with theirs, I just don't get why it's such a bugbear with people.

I'm not fussed what people have, and I haven't brought up or commented on that particular subject until now, but... it used to be common business practice not to flaunt your wealth in front of the people you earned it off. Partly for moral reasons, but mostly because when things go wrong, like when you need to jack prices, or if you can't give the staff their annual rise etc, then you come in for criticism. Although times have changed and flaunting is fashionable now I suppose so maybe that doesn't apply anymore.

Associate
I'm not fussed what people have, and I haven't brought up or commented on that particular subject until now, but... it used to be common business practice not to flaunt your wealth in front of the people you earned it off. Partly for moral reasons, but mostly because when things go wrong, like when you need to jack prices, or if you can't give the staff their annual rise etc, then you come in for criticism. Although times have changed and flaunting is fashionable now I suppose so maybe that doesn't apply anymore.

Edit: if your known for higher prices, it's also not a good look on the PR front either.

Associate
Agreed

Associate
Nothing about this process has been exact or logical. It would simply be more guess work unfortunately. I'm still none the wiser if a large order will cover my #90 status in the TUF OC queue.

From Gibbo himself on the update thread.

"Very small = Less than 10 units
Small = 10-30 units
OK = approx 50 units
Large = 75-100 units
Very large = 100+
Dream = 250+"

Which probably doesn't help you much as you said, it's all guesswork with the vague information we're given

I guess I don't really see it as flaunting, like many people on here that have their PC's in their signature they/we are just passionate about that particular thing and it becomes part of our identity, for some it's a life long goal of a sports car, others a hike up Mount Everest, for me It's headphones! I like to show and share that with people and tbh I like to see other peoples passions also, probably why I enjoy watching youtube channels like ProducerMichael because I get to enjoy it vicariously, and that's enough for me most of the time. I think we often wrongly assume that many wealthy people are 'showing off' but to me it's just another passion or interest albeit higher up the income bracket.

Associate
Unbelievable. My friend who managed to order his card half an hour after me, on release day, just got his card. Lo and behold, he ordered with the good company, and I'm still twiddling my thumbs waiting for scraps of bare basic information from OCUK. I'm incredibly annoyed right now. This is becoming beyond a joke and is cementing the reputation of OCUK as a failure and a joke of a company.

Back
Top Bottom