• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
Unbelievable. My friend who managed to order his card half an hour after me, on release day, just got his card. Lo and behold, he ordered with the good company, and I'm still twiddling my thumbs waiting for scraps of bare basic information from OCUK. I'm incredibly annoyed right now. This is becoming beyond a joke and is cementing the reputation of OCUK as a failure and a joke of a company.
seems like your friend payed more for it

Associate
I guess I don't really see it as flaunting, like many people on here that have their PC's in their signature they/we are just passionate about that particular thing and it becomes part of our identity, for some it's a life long goal of a sports car, others a hike up Mount Everest, for me It's headphones! I like to show and share that with people and tbh I like to see other peoples passions also, probably why I enjoy watching youtube channels like ProducerMichael because I get to enjoy it vicariously, and that's enough for me most of the time. I think we often wrongly assume that many wealthy people are 'showing off' but to me it's just another passion or interest albeit higher up the income bracket.

I get it, he's a petrol head and this was his dream. I'm not against people being proud of what they earn/achieve. I'm talking from a PR / marketing, business image perspective. It's just setting yourself up. He could do that on a petrolhead forum and avoid any potential tarnishing of his businesses reputation. No one wants to think they are paying a supercar tax on their computer parts.

Associate
Right why am I still waiting on my card rtx3080 gamingx trio when ocuk has got them in cause iv just looked and the ones that they don't have in are pre orders but i can add my card to basket but my order has not yet been sent to me a friend of mine got his card before me when I ordered mine before him don't get it its a joke now ocuk need to get these cards out everyone I know who I game with have all received there cards but me and im getting a bit peed now paid for next day shipping how many of you paid that and are still waiting

Last edited:
Associate
Right why am I still waiting on my card when ocuk has got them in cause just looked and the ones that they don't have in are pre orders but can ad my card to basket but my order has not yet been sent to me a friend of mine got his card before me when I ordered mine before him don't get it its a joke now ocuk need to get these cards out everyone I know who I game with have all received there cards but me and im getting a bit peed now paid for next day shipping how many of you paid that and are still waiting

Have you received your Que update Email stating where in the queue you are?
might be better to check your position against your friends if they ordered with OCUK as well

Associate
I do understand that they obviously don't want to show that they have littrely 1000's of back orders on cards . But truth is even the ones in the top 100 don't look like they'll recieve it in the foreseeable future .

Fair enough. That was a very generous interpretation of "foreseeable future" in my original response.

Associate
From Gibbo himself on the update thread.

"Very small = Less than 10 units
Small = 10-30 units
OK = approx 50 units
Large = 75-100 units
Very large = 100+
Dream = 250+"

Which probably doesn't help you much as you said, it's all guesswork with the vague information we're given

Beware that not even Gibbo sticks to these labels and they may change any time.

Associate
Right why am I still waiting on my card rtx3080 gamingx trio when ocuk has got them in cause iv just looked and the ones that they don't have in are pre orders but i can add my card to basket but my order has not yet been sent to me a friend of mine got his card before me when I ordered mine before him don't get it its a joke now ocuk need to get these cards out everyone I know who I game with have all received there cards but me and im getting a bit peed now paid for next day shipping how many of you paid that and are still waiting

Holy **** dude, that post needs some punctuation.

Associate
Beware that not even Gibbo sticks to these labels and they may change any time.
I'm well aware the estimations are purposely vague, seems just like another excuse in place for Gibbo and CS to claim ignorance and fob us off with excuses when we realise some cards have disappeared/haven't arrived

Associate
Jokes just jokes ocuk there supposed to be number 1 in the UK for pc parts but yet smaller company's are getting cards out to people but we are still waiting ocuk what are use doing come on get ya act together get these shipments out to the customers please whats the hold up and don't say ya getting small shipment of cards cause we all know thats a lie cause small companies can get them so what is your excuse...?

Associate
Jokes just jokes ocuk there supposed to be number 1 in the UK for pc parts but yet smaller company's are getting cards out to people but we are still waiting ocuk what are use doing come on get ya act together get these shipments out to the customers please whats the hold up and don't say ya getting small shipment of cards cause we all know thats a lie cause small companies can get them so what is your excuse...?

Dude, seriously, learn to use a full stop, a comma or anything.

Associate

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say you're new here and haven't realised about certain big delays like Golden Week at the start of the launch, Or MSI's fire that stopped production for a little bit, or even the fact that there's genuinely a shortage of 30 series chips everywhere, sure other shops are getting more stock than OCUK, 'cause they know, they know they weren't in any sort of position to big themselves up as they did, they're one of Nvidias partners in the UK, definitely not one of the Biggest, and they're definitely in no better position to be getting stock than any other UK Competitor, in fact it's the complete opposite, but randomly jumping in weeks after others have made these points ain't gonna get your card any quicker, but I get it, venting on here is cathartic to a degree.

Associate
Genuine question. How do we get Gibbo's attention?
It's clear that this forum is going intentionally ignored and I'd like to hear some actual information from someone at OCUK, so if anyone has a real idea that would break through from the crowd and get straight to the point with OCUK, I'd genuinely appreciate the suggestion.
I think together we could be heard.
(and being honest, I have no clue)

Associate
It's clear that this forum is going intentionally ignored and I'd like to hear some actual information from someone at OCUK, so if anyone has a real idea that would break through from the crowd and get straight to the point with OCUK, I'd genuinely appreciate the suggestion.
You don't, closest you can get is the Customer Service people, and if you ask them if Gibbo is doing the best job he can, you'll get removed from the discord.

Associate
Large Asus delivery incoming:

3070 Dual NONE OC - Large amount
3070 TUF OC - Very large amount
3070 Strix OC - OK amount

3080 TUF NONE OC - OK amount
3080 TUF OC - Large amount

3090 TUF OC - Small amount

So still NO 3080 strix oc's?
This is beyond a joke at this point.

Associate
A d
A sad but genuine answer...Cancel our pre-orders...Sounds dramatic...He doesn't care...Clearly has time to comment in other forums and has been commenting in the AMD forums...Vote with our wallets....

Back
Top Bottom