• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
Managed to snatch just now a
EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 XC3 ULTRA GAMING from a competitor. Bit more expensive . I may keep my order here since I am 3rd in queque and sell it later.

Associate
I have 3090 FE in the basket, surprisingly is still available. Someone give me strength because I won't spend this kind of money but I'm really bored to get notifications and try to buy a 3080 while wait for my Asus oc from OCUK.

Associate
Its too much hassle to tell customers cards could / should be arriving only to not arrive on time or at all.. The backlash is insane on here. OC prolly think it best not to say owt due to it. Can't say I blame them really, say nothing and whinging stays on here... No one has to deal with it then, well except other forum users.
I can't stop coming on here now... Its addictive reading all the fume :p

Associate
So decided the grab the 3090 FE. So all the people in the ASUS ROG Strix Non OC will move up by one. Its been fun but sick of waiting and 3090 will last me longer than the 3080 so could justify it at retail.

Anyone got any good links to nvidia 12 pin custom adapters?

Its too much hassle to tell customers cards could / should be arriving only to not arrive on time or at all.. The backlash is insane on here. OC prolly think it best not to say owt due to it. Can't say I blame them really, say nothing and whinging stays on here... No one has to deal with it then, well except other forum users.
I can't stop coming on here now... Its addictive reading all the fume :p
Oh for sure, no news is now news, news that isn’t to anyone’s liking just gets everyone annoyed and yep, I just keep refreshing this thread for the non banter :D

Associate
Honestly I think he is off. Ive asked customer service about updates and they told me they have none. The only updates coming in should be in the forum. I am not saying is a good news but that is what it is.

He is always posting in the car sections or gardening, even the 3060Ti and AMD just not here or the Update thread where he is supposed to put info.
We get far more information from customers getting dispatch emails than have ever had from him, his vague descriptions are not informative and in most cases totally inaccurate as to what they actually dispatch to customers who have paid for a Card.

The only reason they dont give numbers is we would see how useless they are at getting stock and the missing ones that do not actually get dispatched to customers.

Last edited:
Associate
He is not away, he is always posting in the car sections or gardening, even the 3060Ti and AMD just not here or the Update thread where he is supposed to put info.
We get far more information from customers getting dispatch emails than have ever had from him, his vague descriptions are not informative and in most cases totally inaccurate as to what they actually dispatch to customers who have paid for a Card.

The only reason they dont give numbers is we would see how useless they are at getting stock and the missing ones that do not actually get dispatched to customers.

My conspiracy theory is that they have indeed received thousands of each partner card and have set up a secret mining facility in the middle of the Peak District where they have been mining away on the COVID-19 vaccine research with all our cards being over clocked to within an inch of their lives and are now ready to standby and ship them in due course along with our Bill Gates nano-bots vaccines ready for assimilation.

At this rate Anne Robinson will be getting a call!

Last edited:
Associate
The temptation to cancel and just bite the bullet and buy a 3070 gets greater by the day. What scares me is that the 3070 will get scarce in the new year. I reckon at least January and February are going to be right offs as far as imports into the UK from any part of the world is concerned. I would like a new graphics card to get me through the long dark winter.

Associate
Be careful with the 3070, if you want a great 1440p card go for it but if you are looking at 4K then beware of the VRAM8GB limitation. My mate on the weekend tried to push red dead 2 on high settings in 4K and hit the VRAM limit. I’m not sure those cards are going to fair well in the 4K world in another year or so. However like I said 1440p then fill ya boots, or the 3060ti.I’m actually getting jittery about the 3080 only have 10gb, fine for this year but doesn’t feel very future proof to me. Hoping a 3080ti may have a couple of gigs more and by then everyone would have blown their load on 3080’s and 3090’s.

Associate
Well it seems I have been able to snag a 3060ti, unless I am one of the two unlucky sods that ordered but didnt get it. Anyway I ordered the 3080 gaming x trio on launch day, currently at 178 in the queue. The thing is I don't know what to do. Refunding it is a option. I could certainly do with the £780. But I am also stubborn. The 3060 will fly in most games at 1440p, but there's always gonna be a thought that I could be having more fps if I just held out for the 3080. I know it wouldn't be here by xmas at this rate. But I do want to get a 4k monitor in the future and the 3080 seems far better suited. Perhaps in the not to distant future we can pop into any local newagents for bread, milk and a 3080 FE for £650.

I'm in two minds about cancelling it. Also the idea that a 3080 ti or super comes to mind

Associate
Well it seems I have been able to snag a 3060ti, unless I am one of the two unlucky sods that ordered but didnt get it. Anyway I ordered the 3080 gaming x trio on launch day, currently at 178 in the queue. The thing is I don't know what to do. Refunding it is a option. I could certainly do with the £780. But I am also stubborn. The 3060 will fly in most games at 1440p, but there's always gonna be a thought that I could be having more fps if I just held out for the 3080. I know it wouldn't be here by xmas at this rate. But I do want to get a 4k monitor in the future and the 3080 seems far better suited. Perhaps in the not to distant future we can pop into any local newagents for bread, milk and a 3080 FE for £650.

I'm in two minds about cancelling it. Also the idea that a 3080 ti or super comes to mind

Wait it out, or you will regret it.

Associate
Be careful with the 3070, if you want a great 1440p card go for it but if you are looking at 4K then beware of the VRAM8GB limitation. My mate on the weekend tried to push red dead 2 on high settings in 4K and hit the VRAM limit. I’m not sure those cards are going to fair well in the 4K world in another year or so. However like I said 1440p then fill ya boots, or the 3060ti.I’m actually getting jittery about the 3080 only have 10gb, fine for this year but doesn’t feel very future proof to me. Hoping a 3080ti may have a couple of gigs more and by then everyone would have blown their load on 3080’s and 3090’s.

Yeah good advice. I guess in my mind I would cancel my 3080 order here and get a 3070 now to do me through into next year and then sell it and buy a 3080 when the situation has calmed down a bit. Thats my current thinking anyway and I'm doing a good job convincing myself its the way to go. 4K 60fps gaming is where I ultimately want to be though.

What scares me a bit is what the 3080 is going to be selling for in 6 months time.

Associate
Well, looks like I'm out too. I am 544 in the queue for a 3080 TuF which is months away. Just grabbed a 3090FE with free delivery and a copy of Call of Duty which goes in some way to justify the extra cost. At this point, it's worth it to get away from OCuK. What a horrible company and not something I will forget going forward when I need PC parts or recommend a company.

Permabanned
I am so glad I do not need to wait for never arriving stock. Number of drops on competitors websites reduced but I have a feeling that next two weeks will be good for stock. I can feel.it in my bones. Good luck to ya all.

Associate
Yeah good advice. I guess in my mind I would cancel my 3080 order here and get a 3070 now to do me through into next year and then sell it and buy a 3080 when the situation has calmed down a bit. Thats my current thinking anyway and I'm doing a good job convincing myself its the way to go. 4K 60fps gaming is where I ultimately want to be though.

What scares me a bit is what the 3080 is going to be selling for in 6 months time.

do it then sell when the unicorn lands

Associate
It would appear the world has a silicon shortage owing to the lockdown. People working from home need a decent PC and whether they buy one themselves or work buys it for them, it all needs silicon, and it all needs manufacturing.
Multiple high volume launches have all happened at the same time Iphone + accessories with 5G; Xbox; Playstation; several new graphics cards; new CPUs from AMD; resurgence in crypto, the list goes on.
Intel losing market share means that their Manilla wafer fab maybe isn't quite so loaded, but they don't manufacture for anyone else so the load is switched to TMSC instead.

These are perhaps the real reasons why people aren't getting cards.

Back
Top Bottom