• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
Just having a look at the launch price RRP of the RTX3080 and the rumoured launch price of the RTX3080Ti and it's $300 which normally means £300 so with current prices of RTX3080 cards sitting around £800 + you'll be lucky to see one for £1100 and is the £300 worth it for a 2-3% performance gain and some extra RAM ?

Associate
Just having a look at the launch price RRP of the RTX3080 and the rumoured launch price of the RTX3080Ti and it's $300 which normally means £300 so with current prices of RTX3080 cards sitting around £800 + you'll be lucky to see one for £1100 and is the £300 worth it for a 2-3% performance gain and some extra RAM ?

If an FE is about £950 then I suppose that would be ok, if you managed to get one ofc. Considering you'll pay that much for a 10gb Aorus Extreme. mind you I personally think the extra memory will be dead weight for most - been here before in previous gens and being the early adapter of large amounts of vram has never really paid off from a gaming point of view - by the time it's an advantage the gpu is out of date. It would be useful if your into a bit of 3D or video editing as a cut price 3090 mind you.

Either way, it will sell out in 1 minute!

Caporegime
You bunch of saddo cocknockers still ****ing and moaning in here?

Welcome to 2020, it says FU :D

Associate
I feel like this is a bad dream, will this ever end ? Will we all be free from this 3080 purgatory ?! I ordered my gaming trio 10 minutes after launch yet here I am 3 months later constantly checking the thread for any drips of information. I'm bored of it, I see no light at the the end of the tunnel

Associate
MSI Gaming X Trio - Cancelled - Queue position 306

While of don’t blame OC for the stock shortages, I do expect them to act in a more professional manner in keeping its customers informed - random forum posts doesn’t cut it IMHO

managed to pick a card up with a competitor- card hopefully arriving Monday

cya in the owners threads

Good luck all

Associate
Happy queue update day. May we all be (insert number here) steps closer to our day of RTX goodness.

Day off work and a booking at Miller & Carter later on are going to tide me over (nothing is going to diminish that T Bone steak later on I assure you!)

Associate
I'm out as well due to the same 3090 FE drop. Part of me feels manipulated by Nvidia: clearly they want to sell 3090s instead of 3080s. Still, value is what a damn fool will pay for it.

I'm going to wait for it to arrive and will then cancel my 3080 Strix OC order here. At the rate the 3080 Strix cards are dispatched, this could mean that someone is getting their 3080 Strix a whole month sooner than they would have otherwise.

November 2021 instead of December 2021 then

Permabanned
Lets see if any Palit Gaming Pro and Gaming Pro OC people get emails tomorrow.

I am one of the non-OC people at pos 18 so im hoping they get enough for mine
I really like my Palit. Full load, ultra preset, in some game ray tracing on. Max.fps pushed to my monitor and temperature is not going above 68. It is very quiet. Looks nice, just need to download thundermaster to sync rgb with the rest of my case. Palit also draws less energy than TUFs , gigabyte's. Yeah on non OC profile all of this for 4-5 fps less. Yeah !!!!!

Caporegime

May aswell buy a 3090FE at those prices.

Back
Top Bottom