• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Man of Honour
Theres a problem with that the definition of forum is "a meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged." but it seems this particular site is more akin to the Orwellian vision of 1984 where only thoughts and actions that praise OCUK are allowed.
I prefer facts, I feel OCUK took my Money under false pretences they had no firm delivery date and they offered incentives they could not provide, this is against the distance selling regs because at the time I bought my item the website showed stock was available when in fact it had already oversold to the tune of 188 units, a fact I was not advised of until the following Friday more than 7 Days later at 20.30.
They then further compound this situation by giving almost zero feedback to waiting customers, other Retailers are in the same Boat yet they have managed to maintain good relationships with Customers by offering lots of information and projected delivery Dates, my conclusion OCUK have failed in there mission "Our mission is to become the best place to buy hardware, systems and gaming products in the UK and Ireland. From product recommendations to after-sales support, we are working hard to deliver the best possible shopping experience for our customers."

As a Customer from before the Caseking Days and at the old shop its sad to see the state of things now even the Bricks and Mortar store is a shadow of its former self with half the displays unpriced or inoperative and things just seemingly dumped with no particular layout in mind ( last time I went in March ), fact is right now other Retailers are doing a better job and are more deserving of my hard earned Cash and this situation has made me realise that fact, sadly for OCUK it means my willingness to pay a little extra due to perceived better service is now no longer the case, looked at it in the cold light of facts others are cheaper, better managed and more deserving of my Custom.
Are you still going on about this, really, even after the shop replied to you in the FCD, you broke the forum rules, you had a short temporary suspension and that was that but you just keep giving :rolleyes:

And 1984, really? Because you can't promote other retailers over the shop that pays good money to run these forums, shocker!

If it were 1984 we wouldn't leave up the posts like the one I'm replying to now ;)

Seriously, get a refund if you're not happy with the pre-order situation and try and buy somewhere else.

So anymore on this will be deleted, as beating a dead horse just isn't cricket dear boy :)

Associate
Right everyone. Good luck to you all. Hope you get your cards soon. I bowed out of my Aorus Xtreme order and was about to get an Aorus Master instead but I had extra cash and bought a 3090 FE and I'm happy with it. I couldn't stand this queue any more with no information. If its any consolation I have friends in other pre order queues with competitors getting just as little information.

Don
Right everyone. Good luck to you all. Hope you get your cards soon. I bowed out of my Aorus Xtreme order and was about to get an Aorus Master instead but I had extra cash and bought a 3090 FE and I'm happy with it. I couldn't stand this queue any more with no information. If its any consolation I have friends in other pre order queues with competitors getting just as little information.

Enjoy the 3090 mate, FE’s are nice cards.

Permabanned
Good move. Enjoy your card. Being in this queue for almost 3 months was the most frustrating thing ever.

Man of Honour
Nice, I was tempted by this the other day as well, shouldn't need to upgrade for a couple of days at the very least :D

Associate
after not receiving any updates on MSI does anyone on here have any idea why no MSI cards have been sent in over a month. I thought they were 'ramping up production in November' and yet not a single card was sent out. its ******* disgusting how bad this has been, ive moved around 30 places since last month on the ventus im guessing all cancellations

Man of Honour
after not receiving any updates on MSI does anyone on here have any idea why no MSI cards have been sent in over a month. I thought they were 'ramping up production in November' and yet not a single card was sent out. its ******* disgusting how bad this has been, ive moved around 30 places since last month on the ventus im guessing all cancellations
Wasn't it MSI that had that factory fire very recently? Could be a big part of the problem?

Associate

This was posted on Friday...

I know that an MSI delivery arrived at Manchester airport this week, we're just waiting for the distributors to receive the stock. Out of about 400 3000 series cards on that delivery allocated to us, about 30 are for my SI business and most of those are 3060.

There really is no big secretive plan here. It's just limited supply.

Associate
Scotti come into the thread and kindly told us MSI cards should have landed on Monday but haven't arrived yet . Of course we wouldn't of known if he didn't because gibbo don't like to give his paying customers a heads up . Unfortunately models or quantity amount couldn't of been given. I'm waiting on the ventus aswell. But knowing how things have been probably only move up a small amount anyway

Back
Top Bottom