• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
Good to know, I've not followed the story so wasn't sure to what extent the damage was?
A few dumpster fires . Word is they wanted people to feel sorry for them and take focus of the suprim release . They felt to many people would be angry that they have queues of paying customers that they can't supply but still releasing another card .

Associate
I am a bit concerned now. When I ordered the Asus TUF 3080 non-oc back in September i knew there were some stock issues. So i hoped no delivery in October but I was expecting in November they will clear up the queues.
Bloody hell how wrong I was! I started the queue in position 1600+ and more than two months after i am still ~880. I believe i climbed 11 positions from last week. I mean, at this pace, when should I expect the bloody card? Easter? Summer? Should I wait for the 3080Ti? or the 4080?
Because to make matters worse from January we have the brexit uncertainty looming, which in the worse case scenario could mean even more months of delay added.

And it doesn't seem to be any alternatives. I searched around, even looked at the 3090s and the new AMDs, but the problem is similar, no stock or exorbitant prices. Still i see lots of post in Reddit with ***** showing off their new flashy 3080/3090 builds. So there is a slow trickling of cards coming, but hell it sucks.

Permabanned
I am a bit concerned now. When I ordered the Asus TUF 3080 non-oc back in September i knew there were some stock issues. So i hoped no delivery in October but I was expecting in November they will clear up the queues.
Bloody hell how wrong I was! I started the queue in position 1600+ and more than two months after i am still ~880. I believe i climbed 11 positions from last week. I mean, at this pace, when should I expect the bloody card? Easter? Summer? Should I wait for the 3080Ti? or the 4080?
Because to make matters worse from January we have the brexit uncertainty looming, which in the worse case scenario could mean even more months of delay added.

And it doesn't seem to be any alternatives. I searched around, even looked at the 3090s and the new AMDs, but the problem is similar, no stock or exorbitant prices. Still i see lots of post in Reddit with ***** showing off their new flashy 3080/3090 builds. So there is a slow trickling of cards coming, but hell it sucks.
Use discord and stock alerts. Cancel your order here once you secure card from somewhere else. There was drop of zotacs yesterday on competitor's website. It was around £ 700 with shipping. Delivery in january. They might come sooner, who knows. Choose three brands you are comfortable buying (you never know what will drop), set max budget. Once card alert pops out, just go to the link, press buy (set up one buy click option). Jobs done

Associate

I cancelled my preorder of the Strix 3080 after using StockInformer on Discord to bag a Asus TUF 3070 delivery Tuesday. New stock of the 3070, 3060ti and 3090 are coming through every day.

Associate
Scotti, can't see an answer on that but it's probably just my reading fail. Are those of us who preordered early but haven't had our cards dispatched yet going to get codes or?

This was Scotti's original post...

If you've got a card from us from that you ordered early on message/call us and we'll see what we can do. After a lot of moaning on our side Nvidia have just sent us some spare but they are only redeemable until the end of this month so we aren't going to add them to every order because you need the hardware to redeem it.

So I would interpret that as if you have received a card and you had the game listed on your order, but didn't already receive a code, it is worth calling OCUK to ask for a code...

If you've not received your card yet then there is nothing to do at the moment as the code is worthless without the card and the extended redemption period ends 31st December...

Last edited:
Associate
This was Scottie's original post...

So I would interpret that as if you have received a card and you had the game listed on your order, but didn't already receive a code, it is worth calling OCUK to ask for a code...

If you've not received your card yet then there is nothing to do at the moment as the code is worthless without the card and the extended redemption period ends 31st December...

I feel that this is a quite a kick in the teeth for us that have no chance of getting our card before the end of the month, I ordered on release day (TUF Non-OC) and through no fault of my own stand no chance of getting my card before months end (currently ~310 in the queue for this model). Surely Nvidia should do the right thing and give OCuk codes for the currently running promotion at the time of dispatch for us that have this promotion on our order email, that would be the decent thing to do and show goodwill, yes it may not be Watch Dogs Legion, or even Call of Duty by the time we get our cards but it would be something, and I think many customers that are in the same situation as me would find this to be an adequate solution, as we would still get "a" game with our cards as we were promised.

Associate
Surely Nvidia should do the right thing and give OCuk codes for the currently running promotion at the time of dispatch for us that have this promotion on our order email...

I agree, Nvidia have created this problem and they should be fixing it, but they seem to be relying on 'as long as stocks last' and redemption deadlines a lot more than they should be...

There should never have been any doubt about providing OCUK with enough codes for all the orders they could ship but even that took far too much arguing it seems.

If the codes really were that limited then the promo should have been headlined as 'for the first 100,000 cards shipped...' or whatever the number was.

Just saying 'as long as stocks last...' is too vague.

Associate
Use discord and stock alerts. Cancel your order here once you secure card from somewhere else. There was drop of zotacs yesterday on competitor's website. It was around £ 700 with shipping. Delivery in january. They might come sooner, who knows. Choose three brands you are comfortable buying (you never know what will drop), set max budget. Once card alert pops out, just go to the link, press buy (set up one buy click option). Jobs done

Although just remember that at any given moment there are literally tens of thousands of people in the UK all trying to buy the handful of cards that are dropping each day so a certain amount of luck is required.

Associate
Although just remember that at any given moment there are literally tens of thousands of people in the UK all trying to buy the handful of cards that are dropping each day so a certain amount of luck is required.

This tbh. there are over 60k members on that discord, and it goes up by nearly 1k more every day. Total confirmed orders since the beginning is only 3.6k. The last 2 weeks have been really quiet for 3080's too unless you want to spend 900 on a trio.

While I'm here, if anyone here is in Northern Ireland and still needs a 3080, there is a guy in Bangor who got two cards - XC3 ultra and a Zotac amp holo, both new and unopened, and he will sell one of them them for exactly what it cost him. It's been on gumtree since yesterday, but the advert is badly worded (no rtx) so it's still available - just search nvidia.

Associate
does anyone know how i would go about swapping a 3080 for a 3090 on finance?
EDIT: nvm

I take it you worked out that it involves cancelling your order in the endless queue and joining the back of another endless queue.

Edit I correct myself. You can actually buy one at OCuk. They have 2 sku's in stock at scalper prices.

Permabanned

Yes but I got my card this way and I could get 5. 6 more. It worked every time but.it got to the point that I was checking my phone every 5 minutes so when the stock drops I could react within seconds.

Associate
I've gone from queue position 1171 to queue position 1143 in a week. I'm wondering if the queue is shorter for the Asus TUF RTX 3080 OC because at this rate, I'll still be waiting in March.

Associate
Yes but I got my card this way and I could get 5. 6 more. It worked every time but.it got to the point that I was checking my phone every 5 minutes so when the stock drops I could react within seconds.

I must be on the wrong discord/telegrams then because I could count the uk 3080 notifications over the past two weeks on my fingers. I have it on my second screen while I work/game every single day. Lots of people got burned recently by the oversell/cancellation issue too. Something I have experienced twice myself.

If you are happy with 900+ and are happy to take the risk ordering from a Spanish or French retailer, then the chances improve of course.

Hopefully this coming 2 weeks will see some kind of increase. But for now the best chance for everyone is the FE - hopefully they will drop at some point this week.

Last edited:
Associate
If you are happy with 900+ and are happy to take the risk ordering from a Spanish or French retailer, then the chances improve of course.

Even forgetting aftermarket scalpers the price plays a big part in things. There were a whole load of 3070's sitting around for you to easily grab for a few hours yesterday on a competitor website but they were well into 3080 prices. I would consider paying a bit of a premium for a 3080 but not for a 3070. Especially not now the 3060ti is out.

Associate
Even forgetting aftermarket scalpers the price plays a big part in things. There were a whole load of 3070's sitting around for you to easily grab for a few hours yesterday on a competitor website but they were well into 3080 prices. I would consider paying a bit of a premium for a 3080 but not for a 3070. Especially not now the 3060ti is out.

Yeah that particular retailer still has some last I checked. The Trio and GB 3080's they were selling on Friday were proper scalper prices (I have better options on Gumtree), so they took about 30mins to sell - which is a lifetime for 3080's! I've had plenty in the basket recently, including a 3070fe, and the £900 trio, and a £780 palit, but pulled back at last click because they aren't what I want.

I have a loan 2080ti set up for January for some 3Dwork I have coming up, so the pressure is off a little. My rig is also well beyond recommended setting for CP2077 - so I'm going to be patient and wait for the right card at the right money - or else wait until Feb for my launch day OCUK order.

Associate
There are some arriving next week. Not a lot but this is one of the cards which I've been able to give Gibbo some of my SI allocation because I've had to stop selling the Glacier PC for now due to lack of case & cooler stock.
Does this include Gigabyte Eagle 3070 edition? As I'm still not sure if that Gigabyte shipment came in a week or two ago. Not been informed yet what's happening with my RMA

Associate
In his defence, we only managed to resolve this with Nvidia a few days ago.
@ScottiB Hi, mate. Big thanks for the update. Any chance we could get someone to feedback what is happening regarding the Inno3d stock that was advised on the 11/11? Was meant to be around 10 days to arrive and were now on day 25 with no update.

Cheers

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom