• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
Guys... and girls!! My watch is nearly over! Dispatch notification came through for rtx 3080 aorus xtreme

Ordered at 15:06 on release

For anyone waiting, this is a gigabyte card, so looks like the shipment they were expecting, has came in, and being processed

@ScottiB expect a Christmas card ;)

Associate
Hahahaha! Harry 'Jpleyley' Potter.

When we moved into our mortgaged 2 bed from our rented 4 years ago I took like a week to unpack, moving is so stressful!

Yeh it can take a week to "UNPACK" but moving house takes a half a day to a day. You dont need to unpack everything in the bloody day u get there....

Associate
So there isnt 5 minutes in the day to Update the thousands of customers waiting for cards worth over 700quid each... pretty sure theres a commitment to update everyone. over 8 days is complete BS and shows lack of worth

Associate
Nah, you misunderstand. With brands like MSI, Gigabyte, EVGA, Asus etc who work through distribution channels he can't raise the PO until he knows the GBP price. Since the distributors buy in USD and sell in GBP we have to wait for them to work out the price based on the daily rate.

At the moment, all 3000 series is in allocation, which means that the manufacturer decides who gets what, typically based on the sales reports that we send them weekly. The manufacturers know how many back orders each of their key partners have and allocate accordingly.

Some manufacturers like to be given whopping great POs that they'll probably never be able to fulfil, typically the ones that Gibbo only deals with direct, but not many.

Thanks for the clarification, did seem a little strange.

Associate
So he has time to update people about how to give OCUK more money for pre-orders but not how to Fufill the current ones or give information to the people that have been waiting nearly 3 months now.. another great screenshot for the big boss...

Associate
TBH I wish I was in a pre-order for zen 3, ampere or rdna 2, got my credit card, savings or even my current account ready but the site crashed on all of the payment sides, so I now have to wait for 4-8 weeks if not more, Just what I got to do.

Associate
I can't really blame him. As soon as he posts an update a shedload of people jump on the thread asking not only brand availability but 50 odd different SKU's in those brands.

To update on the AMD CPU side is going to be considerably easier to do due to the lack of different models.

This isn't a blind Gibbo protection post however...He is a grown man.... IN SALES, these questions / complaints should be expected and should be answered, Whether he does or doesn't wont change me from buying here in the future.

Associate
I can't really blame him. As soon as he posts an update a shedload of people jump on the thread asking not only brand availability but 50 odd different SKU's in those brands.

To update on the AMD CPU side is going to be considerably easier to do due to the lack of different models.

This isn't a blind Gibbo protection post however...He is a grown man.... IN SALES, these questions / complaints should be expected and should be answered, Whether he does or doesn't wont change me from buying here in the future.

This is alos pretty garbage response.. This is his JOB. he is PAID to do this. if he cant handle the preassure maybe he should go work in a fish n chip shop or something thats more to his level of skill..

Back
Top Bottom