• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
What kind of "support" would we need to prevent GPU sag due to the heavy weight of the 3080 cards? I read somewhere (forget where) someone bought a support, to support the card.
What support would I need? If OC dont sell them, can someone PM me a link to whatever kind of support was being recommended?

For example, to support an EVGA 300mm 3080 FTW3 Ultra (10G-P5-3897-KR) in a MSI b450-a pro max mobo.

Last edited:
Associate
What kind of "support" would we need to prevent GPU sag due to the heavy weight of the 3080 cards? I read somewhere (forget where) someone bought a support, to support the card.
What support would I need? If OC dont sell them, can someone PM me a link to whatever kind of support was being recommended?

For example, to support an EVGA 300mm 3080 FTW3 Ultra (10G-P5-3897-KR) in a MSI b450-a pro max mobo.
Using the power cables themselves to support works, having a metal reinforced mbo pciex16

Associate

A stick works, make your own. Mines is a piece of 10mm dowel about 8cm long used to prop up the end of the GPU, paint it any colour you wish if you're interested in looks, or use a piece of clear acrylic if that floats your boat :)

Associate
Received a dispatch email today for the 3080 OC Eagle (non gaming). So at least the cards are being dispatched.

Was queue position 5 for the last two weeks.

Associate
Received a dispatch email today for the 3080 OC Eagle (non gaming). So at least the cards are being dispatched.

Was queue position 5 for the last two weeks.
Yessssss thanks for the update! That means the 20 expected has arrived I will be position 13 end of this week so fingers crossed I get it start of January

Associate
You shouldn't need one TBH. My 3090 came with a VGA support stick WTF which was basically an RGB bling thing that gave no support to the card at all it was just for show. As I have an enclosed cased never bothered. Might depend on your motherboard mine is an Asus X470 Prime Pro which has a reinforced X16 slot called safe slot. Good to go.

Associate

Lego blocks...

Associate

It would appear that OCUK have a couple of products which might be just what you are looking for:

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/lian...MIsp6W89X27QIVDd5RCh1yJACEEAQYBCABEgJqjPD_BwE

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/powe...MIsp6W89X27QIVDd5RCh1yJACEEAQYCCABEgI_RfD_BwE

One at £10 the other at £20 would have made great Xmas presents.

Associate

You only need to support one end, since the other is usually bolted to the chassis with those screws you use at the HDMI/DP port end. I say usually, because the screwholes don't align on mine...

Some make support piles from lego. But yes any stick would do it. Thinner the better if you want to minimise airflow restrictions. Or you can buy them too, all sorts. MSI Suprim comes with one.

Associate
You only need to support one end, since the other is usually bolted to the chassis with those screws you use at the HDMI/DP port end. I say usually, because the screwholes don't align on mine...

Some make support piles from lego. But yes any stick would do it. Thinner the better if you want to minimise airflow restrictions. Or you can buy them too, all sorts. MSI Suprim comes with one.

I have an MSI Suprim on the way in a prebuild, wonder if the handy staff at OcUK will use the support in the build?

Associate
A stick works, make your own. Mines is a piece of 10mm dowel about 8cm long used to prop up the end of the GPU, paint it any colour you wish if you're interested in looks, or use a piece of clear acrylic if that floats your boat :)
Sounds good to me! Cheers.

Thanks for the links Flake. Keen on free dowel though.

Thin/airflow comments noted denigor.

mobo has "PCI-E Steel Armor Protecting VGA cards against bending and EMI" ... I suppose thats all I need. I thought Id perhaps need something else. I'll see if there is any sag and just make something custom up if there is, and I cant hold solve with cables.
Thanks very much for all the helpful replies guys.

Associate
Roght, but OCUK is open again. When folks are off, others cover their roles. Otherwise stuff would grind to a halt when they are on holiday etc.. This is not an amateur operation,.. and that is a normal mode of operation for any firm...

All true, but posting here isn't something anyone else is going to rush to cover, it isn't really a formal part of his role.

In his actual role, most of his contacts are also not returning until Monday either so not a lot to cover until then anyway.

Normal shop and stock functions will be working as usual though and people have been reporting shipping notices so all good there.

Can try posting in the CS section for an update, or try Discord, may get an answer there.

Associate
3080 Tuf non-oc will arrive today. I can feel it in the air

God damn it, the air lied to you. It's been snowing in the UK though, so those Sherpas and sled dogs that the non OC's were dispatched via, should've sped up a bit.

Edit: The air didn't lie apparently, awesome!

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
HI there

A little update, as others have posted some Gigabyte cards were booked in on Christmas Eve, hence the shipping notifications.

Also the 70pc Asus TUF NONE OC 3080 are booked in and awaiting shipment, when they will ship no idea as I am on holiday now until next week, but the stock has landed so will ship at somepoint, but suspect maybe Monday now, with festive break.

There have been no new shipments this week as expected with most of the industry on festive break, just stock we were owed turning up.

Let us hope in 2021 the manufacturers are able to ramp production massively, particular on 3080 which is still sold out worldwide.

Have a happy new year everyone. :)

Associate
Also the 70pc Asus TUF NONE OC 3080 are booked in and awaiting shipment, when they will ship no idea as I am on holiday now until next week, but the stock has landed so will ship at somepoint, but suspect maybe Monday now, with festive break.

Wicked, my card should be in that lot. Happy new year Gibbo, you deserve it!

Associate
HI there

A little update, as others have posted some Gigabyte cards were booked in on Christmas Eve, hence the shipping notifications.

There have been no new shipments this week as expected with most of the industry on festive break, just stock we were owed turning up.

Let us hope in 2021 the manufacturers are able to ramp production massively, particular on 3080 which is still sold out worldwide.

Have a happy new year everyone. :)

Asus Finally getting steady shipments of over 20 out...
3080 Strix None-OC next pls?

Thank you Gibbo for still posting stuff on your holidays. Appreciate it :)

Back
Top Bottom