• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

dvd

dvd

Associate
So the fact now that someone has gotten their card shipped since the whole DPD stopping deliverys to Ireland, does that mean now that we will be removed from hold on our queue??
Mine ended up being shipped with DHL in the end.

That looks like a VAT problem. OC should not have charged VAT if you are not in UK but you will need to pay VAT on import which I thing for you is 21%.

Yeah this might be the case. I did get charged the VAT from Overclockers, the card was £798.37. Hoping I can sort something out.

Associate
Asus 3080 Strix OC - 860 back orders (131 shipped so far) => noted from official post by @Gibbo

I have to say that for something that was ordered on 17th of September this is just ridiculous. I am currently 106th in the queue; I am seriously disappointed with how this is proceeding.

Associate
Asus 3080 Strix OC - 860 back orders (131 shipped so far) => noted from official post by @Gibbo

I have to say that for something that was ordered on 17th of September this is just ridiculous. I am currently 106th in the queue; I am seriously disappointed with how this is proceeding.

You see here it's a difficult one, I'm also in that queue. We shouldn't even discuss upgrades to our poor non-OC cousins as that's also difficult.

What is difficult here is demand vs supply and the allowance of large numbers of pre-orders without that supply. I'm on the side that OC (and a lot of other people) did not expect demand to be this insane. And supply to be that poor.

I think everyone is in a tough position on the supply side, the ones who are just stuck are the consumers.

Associate
Blame the supplier, not OC fault.

At this point assigning blame is a pointless excersise, wouldn't you agree. It's the expirience that is sour and the store. I am just sayiong that this should have not been dealt with in this partiucular way. I am talking about chrging us for non existing stock, without being able to confirm when we can expect the product. If OC knew about how severe this is going to be, just refund ppl, keep the queue going, charge when person is, lets say 10th on a queue. That is more fair, but still just my humble opinion about customer expirience.

Permabanned
At this point assigning blame is a pointless excersise, wouldn't you agree. It's the expirience that is sour and the store. I am just sayiong that this should have not been dealt with in this partiucular way. I am talking about chrging us for non existing stock, without being able to confirm when we can expect the product. If OC knew about how severe this is going to be, just refund ppl, keep the queue going, charge when person is, lets say 10th on a queue. That is more fair, but still just my humble opinion about customer expirience.
Problem is then there will be way less stock than they have even gotten at this stage. Companies love money so if OC goes to a supplier and says oh I have so many orders payed for they will be more inclined to give them cards thats why its nearly impossible to buy cards from places that dont take preorders due to the fact they can only buy in so little and they got so fast. But yes maybe taking money when they know they have 30 cards for eg coming in would be better.

Associate
Sorry, I dozzed off for around 700 pages.. I just got queue update for my TUF 3080 and I'm 216 so still some way to go, but I wanted to ask, as I'm in London, will there be any changes to the price, VAT etc? Any extra charges I should know about?
I'm at 215 for Asus 3080 tuf oc and no you've not missed anything no more charges as yet! :p
martind.

Associate
I agree, charging at point of dispatch is the normal way to do things, maybe just taking a deposit of say 10% would have been better. In fact, just thinking that through, how about a 90% refund until shipment is made?
Cant think of anything else that you would pay for upfront, without having any idea when it would be delivered. We weren't that stupid though, there was a delivery date on the website when we ordered.
A quick calculation from the amount of cards shown in backorder, just on 3080 cards, shows OC have about £4M of our money sat there for 4 months so far, and none of us dare leave the queue for fear of being scalped.
This is not OCs fault, as this was something of a surprise to everyone, but they know what the situation is now and could take some of the pain away from the wait.

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
Whether you agree with it or not is an entirely personal situation, however, we understand both sides and it's something which we discuss internally quite often. We believe that this method is better for a couple of key reasons:
- It discourages the customer from "chancing their arm" and placing pre-orders for multiple cards from multiple suppliers. Since we don't have an automated cancellation capability currently, this would be problematic.
- It prevents payment/cash flow issues from preventing us from allocating shortage stock to a customer who has been waiting - I'm sure that you'd be incredibly annoyed if, after waiting six months for something, we gave your stock to somebody else because the card that you entered at check out has expired or the bank was having technical issues.

Associate
You don't get to lock in a price for a severely constrained product with escalating costs in exchange for a 10% deposit...

You can however obtain a 100% refund any time you want it.

The alternatives are potentially worse, just look at the other retailers out there, no queues and stock released at random intervals for people to fight over...

Associate
Whether you agree with it or not is an entirely personal situation, however, we understand both sides and it's something which we discuss internally quite often. We believe that this method is better for a couple of key reasons:
- It discourages the customer from "chancing their arm" and placing pre-orders for multiple cards from multiple suppliers. Since we don't have an automated cancellation capability currently, this would be problematic.
- It prevents payment/cash flow issues from preventing us from allocating shortage stock to a customer who has been waiting - I'm sure that you'd be incredibly annoyed if, after waiting six months for something, we gave your stock to somebody else because the card that you entered at check out has expired or the bank was having technical issues.

I understand your point here @ScottiB, I do. As a company you do have a way of doing business, but I wish you guys see tha the business has changed in 2020 due to and by Cvirus. I know that implementing changes in a company is costly and time consuming, but at the end the customer benifits from them. If a lot of ppl point out to you that the system is fair, but only for the company, there must be something in it besides some angry ppl pointing fingers and loking for scapegoat.

I get that a lot of ppl would place many orders on many sites and then cancel at the last moment, but the stock is so sparce that you relly should not be worry about "overstocking", also put some faith in ppl placing orders to chjeck all the details when the time comes. At the wors case scenario, they would loose the place and the card would go to another person.

Last edited:
Associate
I agree, charging at point of dispatch is the normal way to do things, maybe just taking a deposit of say 10% would have been better. In fact, just thinking that through, how about a 90% refund until shipment is made?
Cant think of anything else that you would pay for upfront, without having any idea when it would be delivered. We weren't that stupid though, there was a delivery date on the website when we ordered.
A quick calculation from the amount of cards shown in backorder, just on 3080 cards, shows OC have about £4M of our money sat there for 4 months so far, and none of us dare leave the queue for fear of being scalped.
This is not OCs fault, as this was something of a surprise to everyone, but they know what the situation is now and could take some of the pain away from the wait.

At this point, given the prices that I've seen appearing today, I think the best option for all us still in the queue is to ehmm, not rock the boat. The way things are turning out, if OCUK honour our original purchase price, then that is going to be compensation enough for this mess.

One popular competitor has just increased their trio to 1k, and their Suprim to 1.1k. Another had some XC ultra's for £950! If that is any indication of what's to come, then l think we should all be good boys and girls from now on, and not annoy the good people at ocuk too much, while they go about securing us our sensibly priced GPU's. :p

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom