• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
Original post:
I managed to seal a MSI Gaming Trio X 3080 today from a competitor for a very good price, finally the 4 month search ends.

I will be celebrating tonight with a lovely chicken curry

I found they were selling stock they hadn’t got and ended up cancelling my order after hearing nothing from them, and got fed up after chasing for two months and being lied to. Hopefully won’t be the same with you.

Interesting... I really thought that was vapour stock that keeps popping up. Let us know when it actually arrives.

I ordered last Tuesday morning and picked it up from my local store on Thursday lunchtime. Still can't believe I got one, it was a bit of an anti-climax after all that trying and scouring!

20210211-132816.jpg

Associate
Ocuk can explain why it takes 2 days to ship an order I made? I bought items from 3 other online shops and all other 3 shipped the items the next day?
Obvious answer is they are busy. perhaps they receive more on line orders than that of teh other stores you mention and perhaps they are conforming to COVID safe working practices in the stores. Come on be a little patient. We are talking about you having to wait 2 days in a thread were some have been waiting 5 months for there graphics card. A little perspective needed maybe

Associate
Five (or thereabouts) months later and I think I'm going to ditch my order. Either get a 3070 somewhere down the line or just see what the future holds. Bleh. Best of luck to the rest of you still waiting!

Associate
Somebody at OCUK that's not an auto bot response please explain to me how I ordered a 3080 on launch day at 3pm and I have been stuck in the same que position since the beginning of January, at this point you're all taking the **** and are probably using all the stock you get for pre-builts. Gigabyte Eagle.

Permabanned
Original post:

I ordered last Tuesday morning and picked it up from my local store on Thursday lunchtime. Still can't believe I got one, it was a bit of an anti-climax after all that trying and scouring!

20210211-132816.jpg

Yes, I ordered externally as well and got mine in in 7days, paid retailish, the card is huge! But it runs well, had an rtx 3070 and it performs the same as that card until 4k, then it pulls away.

I don't think the rtx 3090 is worth it, price and performance wise. Definitely look at the 3070 if you are gaming at 1080p.

Associate
Somebody at OCUK that's not an auto bot response please explain to me how I ordered a 3080 on launch day at 3pm and I have been stuck in the same que position since the beginning of January, at this point you're all taking the **** and are probably using all the stock you get for pre-builts. Gigabyte Eagle.

Dude , were all in the same boat. I feel your pain, but OCUK have been generally honest and forthcoming when information is at hand. I think they could have handled this far better, but this doesn't affect your consumer rights and you have the right to try your luck else where. I work online retail and we are in the same boat with other non electrical products. Every industry is affected right now. Its ****** and sucks, but at least we have the money to moan over , a lot of people no longer do.

Associate
I’m in the same position, same queue. What number are you?

Permabanned

This is nothing in comparison to your wait. But it's sounds bad, consider getting another card.

88tVXbC

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
& ironically, the Gigabyte Eagle is one card that we do not even offer as a system build option. I proved this weeks ago to another guy in this thread.
Depending on the system you can order a Gaming OC, Vision or Master cards but stock for these these are allocated separately by Gigabyte and there are queues for those too.

This was my post from before xmas

Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3080 Eagle OC - GX-1BV-GI

789 back orders currently, 90 shipped since launch, not a single one used in SI (like I said, it's not one of the options on any system), 22 due next week on a pallet direct from Gigabyte (I don't have an exact date)

& In the spirit of full disclosure last month we also received a whopping 8 pcs of a non-OC Eagle which we've never listed, which was allocated for SI use.

Associate
@Gibbo @ScottiB do you actually have any plan for future? Do we will get any options for upgrade? How long you plan to keep people waiting? I know is not your fault guys just curious are you considering any alternative options for us who is in que since September 2020. Thanks

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
@Gibbo @ScottiB do you actually have any plan for future? Do we will get any options for upgrade? How long you plan to keep people waiting? I know is not your fault guys just curious are you considering any alternative options for us who is in que since September 2020. Thanks
Until we free up customer service man power there's absolutely nothing that we can do. Whilst my purchasers and B2B sales team are having to answer hundreds of webnotes per day in an attempt to clear the back log of samey messages from people chasing ETAs that we don't have, there's little hope of that happening.

Last edited:
Caporegime

At this rate I wouldn't be making any plans to game on a new card til at least the end of 2021/beginning of 2022 :D

Associate
At this rate I wouldn't be making any plans to game on a new card til at least the end of 2021/beginning of 2022 :D

Joking aside you could be correct ! and theres me thinking id made a mistake spending £1500 on a 3090 last october. thats over four months ago. i am now seeing 3080's sell for that price. i need to stop snooping in this thread. its depressing :rolleyes:

Associate
I know its a pain in the ass replying to this shizz but @ScottiB you said you and gibbo had 8 pieces of 3080 Gaming OC by gigabyte coming in, any news what's happened with those as i'm first in the queue. Many thanks

Back
Top Bottom