• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
73rd on palit 3080 non-oc, has gone down 10 since December, think cancellations for the most part though as next to no stock movement on the SKU. Well if anything, teaching us the concept of patience! Im feeling April if I'm lucky.

Associate
I mean, is a like-for-like now vs then comparison not a bit of an oversimplification? There's a lot of stuff happening now that is unique to now and probably increasing manufacturing or procurement delays. Off the top of my head:
1. global pandemic
2. eth values skyrocketing
3. Console launches.
4. TSMC's chip fab capacity basically being usurped by the new Apple M1 chips.

And then all that being exacerbated by bot reselling
There are probably genuine failures and oversights on the manufacturers behalves. Also maybe some are underhandedly selling to miners or whatever. But there's a lot of stuff happening right now that isn't intrinsically evil or easy to plan for.

I agree it's deffo unprecedented, god knows what's going on, the things that gets me is after the cards starting to arrive in November they have completely stopped now, I mean just looking at Asus which is what I bought, they have had next to nothing in for months, I'm just like everyone else I just want my card.

Associate
That's the other major problem. I doubt many people had the resilience to not cash out when it reached 1000 each etc. If you don't have much money, that is mighty tempting.

What a wise invester does (with 20/10 hindsight), is while your investment increases in value, you slowly cash out some of your money, until you've got back your initial input. At that point, what's left is pure cream, and if it skyrockets, great, you cash out big time, if not, you're not down a penny.

Rinse and repeat to early retirement - or so the theory goes as I work late again... :D

Associate
I am number 15 for Palit 3080 (non OC) and only now it’s getting really annoying the wait. Just because I am so close (no hate to Overclockers though)

It's annoying as I shouldv already received, until it went poof and never arrived. It's not OCUKs fault, but it def pees me off. Fingers crossed not much longer for either of us.

Associate
The UK government are taking an interest in scalping of GPUs and consoles...although it remains to be seen what they’ll actually do, and when!

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/561986

Their response:

Using automated software to buy more [event] tickets than allowed by the retailer is prohibited, with unlimited fines for breaches. Government is discussing other markets with relevant trade associations.

Completely tone deaf, they clearly don't understand that it's nothing to do with event tickets. I guess the last sentence makes up for it though?

Associate
The UK government are taking an interest in scalping of GPUs and consoles...although it remains to be seen what they’ll actually do, and when!

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/561986

Well, as disgusting and immoral scalping etc is, it's not technically illegal. There is no law stopping you buying huge quantities of something providing you pay from a geniune retailer etc.

I seriously doubt any law etc will be passed, but hopefully I'm wrong. The best we can likely hope for is a strict limit of 2/3 per customer from launch.

Permabanned
Well, as disgusting and immoral scalping etc is, it's not technically illegal. There is no law stopping you buying huge quantities of something providing you pay from a geniune retailer etc.

I seriously doubt any law etc will be passed, but hopefully I'm wrong. The best we can likely hope for is a strict limit of 2/3 per customer from launch.

Uk government. Lol they also have been scapling the general public for decades. Cutting NHS and everything else.

Associate
Are you guys still waiting on your day 1 orders :p
Aaaahahaha. Yes. Still waiting for my order that I placed in the first damn 30min. Overclockers have shipped to date, over the last 5 months, eight Strix non-OC. I understand this is more than a couple other SKUs, and not OcUK’s fault. However, the estimated date of 31/09 has slipped slightly.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank ScottiB and Gibbo for their step up in customer service over the last couple months. I simultaneously feel bad about the amount of extra work they are having to put in because of it, but it felt truly horrible with the comms they were able to give back in Oct/Nov (first world problems, much). So, again, thank you Scotti and Gibbo, and the teams you rely on. I hope more people echo their thanks as well.

Associate
Processor and graphics card stock woes could last into 2022

Surely not?

https://www.techradar.com/uk/news/p...nto-2022-if-chip-shortage-prediction-is-right

I feel so bad for new builders. There's nothing quite like the first time a computer you've cobbled together posts and it's a shame their experience has been tainted by such a negative buying experience.

For me, all I want at this point is just some sort of assurance of what is going to happen with the card I bought. I don't mind waiting if it means I will receive my card with no additional charges, but I'd rather wait for the next generation than pay more on top of the premium I paid in September and I don't have much confidence that my order isn't ultimately going to be cancelled anyway. Then there's the fact that the money I paid for the card has devalued since I paid it, so I'll have missed out threefold; the value of the money itself, the interest I could have earned with the money in savings and the other products I might have purchased if I had that money. It's petty, but it does add insult to injury.

Back
Top Bottom