• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
I know it's insane to be 943 in queue and remain waiting since Oct, but really hoping to get the card. Perhaps OVERCLOCKERS should publish mental health support information as a pre-order warning ;)

Asus GeForce RTX 3080 TUF Gaming 10GB GDDR6X PCI-Express Graphics Card

Oct 23 - 2196
Oct 30 - 1958
Nov 6 - 1826
Nov 13 - 1674
Nov 20 - 1583
Nov 27 - 1477
Dec 4 - 1438
Dec 11 - 1385
Dec 19 - 1329
Dec 24 - 1285
Jan 8 - 1147
Jan 15 - 1130
Jan 22 - 1104
Jan 29 - 1084
Feb 5 - 1009
Feb 12 - 977
Feb 19 - 968
Feb 26 - 961
Mar 5 - 953
Mar 12 - 943
Mar 19 - *** waiting for the weekly email

If the rumours are valid and the 3080TI is released next month, then I will definitely try like 1000's of others; but just saying that after waiting so long that it will be insult to injury if the same situation occurs again.

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
Stop complaining, I’m waiting for an eagle too, either be patient or cancel your order. Stop badgering OCuk for info they don’t have.

I don't mind this...look at his post count, it's not like he has been asking every five minutes and getting annoyed at us for a lack of info.

complaining to oc? im asking people here if they have any news get off your high horse
No info, sorry.
Gigabyte haven't explained why but the Eagle seems to be is a very small percentage of their production.

Associate
  1. I don't mind this...look at his post count, it's not like he has been asking every five minutes and getting annoyed at us for a lack of info.

No info, sorry.
    Gigabyte haven't explained why but the Eagle seems to be is a very small percentage of their production.

sorry for biting but it does get a bit annoying reading the same s*** every day when everyone’s in the same shoes

Associate
Again I think there's some confusion there. There have been plenty of deliveries with cards missing, deliveries which part of the stock was delayed and even a couple where Gibbo communicated the same quantity twice in error, but I can't remember, or indeed see any indication, that it has happened with Ventus before. There was once when Gibbo accidentally posted up the system allocation and that was removed once the mistake was spotted and I posted an explanation here.

There are also occasions when people query why they don't move forward the expected number of places, unaware that customers waiting for RMA replacements are allocated stock first.

If the same thing keeps happening to the same card/supplier then I'll definitely raise that with the manufacturer, but I have to give (usually) reliable suppliers the benefit of the doubt for a 'first offense'.

The simple fact is, no matter how many times it gets mentioned, there has only been one shipment of 3080 Ventus since mid-December and half of it didn't turn up.

@ScottiB can you confirm that rmas are prioritised as I sent my 3080 back for RMA and from the email queue updates compared to gibbos update on current stock and queue situation last week puts me at the back of the queue again. Is this an error or is it just the way the system works and it will still be prioritised?

Cheers

Associate
i understand overclockers are a resaler they dont make the products so i cant be annoyed with them its just gigabyte/nvidia need to shape up
My bad brother I guess I woke up on wrong side of bed this morning haha (I don’t guess so, I did, haven’t been paid this week and can’t get it added til next and have bills Monday)

Associate
i understand overclockers are a resaler they dont make the products so i cant be annoyed with them its just gigabyte/nvidia need to shape up
Hi, I got in touch with gigabyte via their website a few weeks back, I asked if the eagle was being discontinued or something and their response was rather blunt - “no rtx3000 series product has been discontinued” so they’re still being made! ... apparently I’m waiting too bud, position 11. Where are you in the queue?

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
@ScottiB can you confirm that rmas are prioritised as I sent my 3080 back for RMA and from the email queue updates compared to gibbos update on current stock and queue situation last week puts me at the back of the queue again. Is this an error or is it just the way the system works and it will still be prioritised?
So far I've seen no evidence whatsoever that customers waiting for replacement cards are being sent to the back of the queue. As always, I'm unable to be 100% sure without specific information about your order. Mistakes can happen, humans are involved.

I asked if the eagle was being discontinued
Gigabyte tell us regularly that they haver not discontinued it and currently have no plans to do so.
However, the card not being discontinued and the card being made in sufficient numbers are two very different things. Gigabyte appear to be making the decision that whilst GPU supply is limited, they'll focus production on higher end cards. Gigabyte are far from alone here, the same can be said for pretty much every brand. Ventus, TUF, XC3, Eagle, Gaming Pro, Trinity, all in the same boat. Unfortunately, it has become very clear that those customers waiting for the entry level cards will be the ones left waiting when all other backlogs are cleared.

Associate
What games are you playing with integrated graphics? i'm struggling to find something i can run smoothly

I recently bought Deep Rock Galactic which works fine on integrated graphics, the style works with low settings. Been also revisiting retro games like Sonic and Tomb Raider games to pass the time. I was half way through RDR2 so look forward to getting back in to that once my card arrives.

Associate
A main competitor had some 3090 FE's for sale earlier today for £1400. I had one in my basket but couldn't justify it for the little performance over the 3080. :rolleyes: This was the first time I had ever been able to get one of the 30 series in the basket, probably would have failed at payment anyway.

Back
Top Bottom