• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
Just a thought for all you still waiting for your cards - it is obvious that most of these manufacturers are not prioritising UK based gamers. I ordered from Inno3D and over the past month I've tweeted them, emailed their EU team, commented on multiple of their facebook posts (alongside other members of this forum) - it looks like they are finally noticing that and sending in shipments.

So basically - ya gotta fight!! - do whatever you can via their social media streams to get them to prioritise UK gamers and send shipments over. Granted, may work better for the smaller manufacturers, but if a lot of angry UK customers are heard they will be more likely to answer, even the bigger companies!

Fight the good fight!

Soldato
Just imagine the melt down that's going to take place in this very thread when all your pre orders get cancelled :p

You could have bought Tesla stock with the money people paid for a rtx3080 and you would have been £450 better off.

Last edited:
Associate
If the 5 late Gigabyte Gaming OC 3080's that came in late last Friday send me down to 10th in queue on this card today, then with combination with Gibbos sticky thread next week I should expect my card!! I can't wait to put some holidays in to ride the beast! Hopefully no issues in the process!

Associate
Just imagine the melt down that's going to take place in this very thread when all your pre orders get cancelled :p

You could have bought Tesla stock with the money people paid for a rtx3080 and you would have been £450 better off.

I regularly think about if I had just invested the money in Nvidia or Tesla pre-pandemic, there would now be money for several graphics cards - but then that would fund scalpers

Associate
@ScottiB can you confirm that rmas are prioritised as I sent my 3080 back for RMA and from the email queue updates compared to gibbos update on current stock and queue situation last week puts me at the back of the queue again. Is this an error or is it just the way the system works and it will still be prioritised?

Cheers
What happened to your card to rma it and what card did you have??

Associate
So far I've seen no evidence whatsoever that customers waiting for replacement cards are being sent to the back of the queue. As always, I'm unable to be 100% sure without specific information about your order. Mistakes can happen, humans are involved.

Gigabyte tell us regularly that they haver not discontinued it and currently have no plans to do so.
However, the card not being discontinued and the card being made in sufficient numbers are two very different things. Gigabyte appear to be making the decision that whilst GPU supply is limited, they'll focus production on higher end cards. Gigabyte are far from alone here, the same can be said for pretty much every brand. Ventus, TUF, XC3, Eagle, Gaming Pro, Trinity, all in the same boat. Unfortunately, it has become very clear that those customers waiting for the entry level cards will be the ones left waiting when all other backlogs are cleared.
Once the higher end cards back orders are complete would any extra stock be re-assigned to entry level card orders instead? No worries if there isn’t a solid yes or no I’m just curious :)

Associate

Could've gone back in time and became friends with elon musk too.

Soldato
Could've gone back in time and became friends with elon musk too.
It was quite obvious this was going to happen, you've all had months to cancel pre orders and do something else with your money but it's gone on for so long folk as just to stubborn or emotionally invested to consider the reality of the situation.

When those pre orders get refunded it's all going to end in tears.

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
Once the higher end cards back orders are complete would any extra stock be re-assigned to entry level card orders instead? No worries if there isn’t a solid yes or no I’m just curious :)
That's where it gets tricky, with the price rises this can be prohibitively expensive. Gibbo switched some 3080 Trio orders over to Suprim this week and it that cost the company about £140 per customer. It's one thing to do it on a small batch but you know from Gibbo's recent update how many customers are still affected.

It was quite obvious this was going to happen, you've all had months to cancel pre orders and do something else with your money but it's gone on for so long folk as just to stubborn or emotionally invested to consider the reality of the situation.

When those pre orders get refunded it's all going to end in tears.
Are you just trying to wind people up? :(:confused: we've explained that it's a possibility but we are exploring other options before we seriously consider it.

Associate
Just a thought for all you still waiting for your cards - it is obvious that most of these manufacturers are not prioritising UK based gamers. I ordered from Inno3D and over the past month I've tweeted them, emailed their EU team, commented on multiple of their facebook posts (alongside other members of this forum) - it looks like they are finally noticing that and sending in shipments.

So basically - ya gotta fight!! - do whatever you can via their social media streams to get them to prioritise UK gamers and send shipments over. Granted, may work better for the smaller manufacturers, but if a lot of angry UK customers are heard they will be more likely to answer, even the bigger companies!

Fight the good fight!

I've been doing the exact same, still waiting for my x4 though!

Associate
That's where it gets tricky, with the price rises this can be prohibitively expensive. Gibbo switched some 3080 Trio orders over to Suprim this week and it that cost the company about £140 per customer. It's one thing to do it on a small batch but you know from Gibbo's recent update how many customers are still affected.

Are you just trying to wind people up? :(:confused: we've explained that it's a possibility but we are exploring other options before we seriously consider it.
Yeah I completely understand that it’s not easy on the company, I just hope there is a way that isn’t too much hassle where people could eventually pay extra for the higher end cards if they’re in stock. I think that all customers should be treated equal and fairly, if some trio orders got upgraded to suprims then surely it’s not impossible to do it for the other brands too. I’m not trying to sound like a ***** I’m just speaking my mind and praying I get a rtx3080 eventually. I appreciate the response

Associate
He didn't say he ordered it from us.

He might have found one elsewhere but he still has an order open for a 3080 trio so I guess he's just trolling you.
Sorry, i wasn't trolling, I was just trying to lighten the spirt on here as there's a lot of people frustrated. I do have an order open and i won't be looking else where. It's just a waiting game.

Associate

1. sorry for biting but it does get a bit annoying reading the same s*** every day when everyone’s in the same shoes

Yup. It’s even stupider when we’re on a forum... The general idea of using a forum is so that discussions stay well organized and can be kept open, merged or pinned for convenience. The idea is to search your problem to see if it has been addressed beforehand, then sift through the results to find it. If you still can’t find an answer, or the thread you find is dead, then you make a new thread or bump an older one back to life - and for the sake of understanding. you would usually explicitly state if you tried search first, beforehand.

Trouble is, nowadays people seem to think that everything is Facebook or YouTube... They think that because someone replies to them once, or makes a video talking about something, that now they are entitled to keep open a dialog indefinitely. People repost the same **** day in day out, asking the same questions, over and over. Reddit is the same. Apparently nobody can muster the patience to sift through a few simple search results, even when it has robust a filtering system, they always want their answers *right now*. They seem to think that the rest of the world gives a **** that they had to spare a moment of their precious time. Like I get it, this thread alone is almost 2000 pages long, but the search function exists for a reason.

“has gibbo or scotti addressed _______ yet?”

Search the thread, including their usernames, with your keywords, sort by date so you see the latest stuff first, check the results. Nothing? Then the answer is NO, right? Simple!

But no, everyone just joins the forum, skips the search part, makes their first ever post, directly tagging people they’ve never met, by username... Like Gibbo and Scotti have nothing better to do with their time. The sheer irony of it all is, this post will get buried in an hour. And nobody reads or uses the search so it will be the same exact situation tomorrow.

Chill, people. Have a drink. Sing a sea-shanty. We’ll get to dry land eventually.

Associate
Yup. It’s even stupider when we’re on a forum... The general idea of using a forum is so that discussions stay well organized and can be kept open, merged or pinned for convenience. The idea is to search your problem to see if it has been addressed beforehand, then sift through the results to find it. If you still can’t find an answer, or the thread you find is dead, then you make a new thread or bump an older one back to life - and for the sake of understanding. you would usually explicitly state if you tried search first, beforehand.

Trouble is, nowadays people seem to think that everything is Facebook or YouTube... They think that because someone replies to them once, or makes a video talking about something, that now they are entitled to keep open a dialog indefinitely. People repost the same **** day in day out, asking the same questions, over and over. Reddit is the same. Apparently nobody can muster the patience to sift through a few simple search results, even when it has robust a filtering system, they always want their answers *right now*. They seem to think that the rest of the world gives a **** that they had to spare a moment of their precious time. Like I get it, this thread alone is almost 2000 pages long, but the search function exists for a reason.

Search the thread, including their usernames, with your keywords, sort by date so you see the latest stuff first, check the results. Nothing? Then the answer is NO, right? Simple!

But no, everyone just joins the forum, skips the search part, makes their first ever post, directly tagging people they’ve never met, by username... Like Gibbo and Scotti have nothing better to do with their time. The sheer irony of it all is, this post will get buried in an hour. And nobody reads or uses the search so it will be the same exact situation tomorrow.

Chill, people. Have a drink. Sing a sea-shanty. We’ll get to dry land eventually.
Il be listening to sea shanty 2 all day every day until my card arrives, and then still listening to it everyday even after it comes, HA, imagine having a 3080 and full custom loop to play old school runescape!

Associate

I truly believe that google/forums/(add any kind of task that requires searching) is an underrated must have skill nowadays. You will be surprised to see how many people can't actually search for anything even if the search engine is made for babies. I've actually sold my searching skills on my interviews (SQL related). I may suck at structuring a correct sentence in English as it's my second language but this does not effect my searching skill at all. Anyways... Just wanted to add on your well said post. Have a good one!

Associate

Feels like we've struck the Bermuda triangle!

Associate
I truly believe that google/forums/(add any kind of task that requires searching) is an underrated must have skill nowadays. You will be surprised to see how many people can't actually search for anything even if the search engine is made for babies. I've actually sold my searching skills on my interviews (SQL related). I may suck at structuring a correct sentence in English as it's my second language but this does not effect my searching skill at all. Anyways... Just wanted to add on your well said post. Have a good one!

You'd be surprised how many quite senior IT engineers can't use Google properly either... Most of the IT problems are already well researched and solutions are easy to find, yet people prefer to call MS or other vendor and spend hours/days on the phone for something that would take them few minutes to find and fix. :/

Associate
Hi @Gibbo,

First of all thank you to you and @ScottiB for sticking this out and all of your information this far.

Can I ask for some clarification on how the upgrades are working, from the MSI upgrades so far I am determining that as a product queue is cleared the lower cards are being offered the better cards as a free upgrade.

Would this work similarly with say the Gigabyte queues? The gaming cards are seemingly moving faster than any of the others. When the gaming queue is cleared would the eagle be offered these before the more expensive cards?

Apologies if this has already been explained, I have searched and I have been in the forum for quite some time and I can’t see that it has.

Back
Top Bottom