• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
Spent the last week trawling Facebook marketplace and finding good offers (MSRP 3080s) from reasonable people but no one is replying to my interest... What's the point in putting up something for sale and not replying to interest.

Associate
Dear ——————

We appreciate your support for our products but the chipset supply is too slow to meet the market demand so there is no exact schedule. For order-related issues, you can contact our local partners/distributors, click here then select your country to find more details.

Regards,
GIGABYTE

I asked why the production numbers were so slow for the EAGLE specifically and this was their response. It’s useless as always but figured some people here might like to see. At this rate the extremes, masters and gaming OCs will all be delivered before a single eagle arrives.

Associate
I asked why the production numbers were so slow for the EAGLE specifically and this was their response. It’s useless as always but figured some people here might like to see. At this rate the extremes, masters and gaming OCs will all be delivered before a single eagle arrives.

It's been a complete crapshoot why some SKUs have been supplied over others. Sometimes the OC version gets the nicely binned chips, other times it gets nothing, presumably they were busy rubbing off the model number to resell them as 3090s...:confused:

Associate
I don’t want to know why that card is in your bed...

It's like when as a kid you get a present so amazing, you want to be sure it's still real when you wake up the next morning. Only way to do that is to take it to bed with you. I'm sure that's the only possible explanation... ;)

Associate
It's been a complete crapshoot why some SKUs have been supplied over others. Sometimes the OC version gets the nicely binned chips, other times it gets nothing, presumably they were busy rubbing off the model number to resell them as 3090s...:confused:
It’s more annoying seeing hundreds of asus cards coming in, msi orders being upgraded and day 2 orders being fulfilled when other cards are non-existent. I guess all we can do is wait for OcUK to finally give up on and bail on us, if that happens you can be damn sure not another penny of mine will go to this company. Just saying but a 4 letter competitor that had just as many preorders has nearly all of them cleared...

Permabanned
Yeah you can but they’re outrageously expensive, and it still shows that people are getting cards from somewhere for a reasonable price and then reselling them

Yes these cards are available, I saw the 6900XT on a site for sale for £1.5k and then in seconds it was sold out.
Scaplers have set their sites on the GPU market and are actively buying up all the stock and reselling them on said sites as it's very profitable for them and GPUs are likely a top of the list scalped item.
Retailers are also stock piling and not selling up at msrp tbh.

If no scalping and stock piling was going on , I don't think there would be a shortage.

Permabanned
If you don't have a 3 Series card, don't use scalpers in any-form, their market is going to dry up and soon they will be selling these cards for less than msrp and will make big losses. Tech looses value and these cards are months old and cost almost 4 times the price so when the bubble bursts you could loose thousands if you pay scalped prices.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom