• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
you know you guys can just vote with your wallets right? The reason the prices can get this high is because of supply and demand, and people still willing to buy them at these prices. There's no way in hell i'm buying a graphics card at the current prices, and if everyone else did the same, the situation would improve.

Associate
you know you guys can just vote with your wallets right? The reason the prices can get this high is because of supply and demand, and people still willing to buy them at these prices. There's no way in hell i'm buying a graphics card at the current prices, and if everyone else did the same, the situation would improve.
you are right but I have to say one of the diminishing few, if everyone followed that example it would be great and prices would drop but that takes time and people these days don't want to wait, hence the situation were in now, along with all the other problems we've had with rona and shortages, extraordinary demand. the last fifteen months have been a bit of a sh** show, so fortunate and thankful I got sorted just before things really worsened. thanks to Ocuk and being at the right place and just the right time in the q, I consider myself very lucky to have got a 3080 at all. and I do feel for all the ones that didn't, I was in the q for 9 months.

Associate
How can a product Be EOL when there is so many pre orders still outstanding just lol, leather jacket greed, how much money does one need.
It can be EOL because the manufacturer is no longer making the original non LHR model. Plus from a manufacturer perspective why would they continue to make a model and sell at such a reduced price when they can sell the newer LHR version at the inflated price. Don't get me wrong i think it sucks but it is not OCUK's fault and to be honest i doubt the manufacturers give a damn about the queues there resellers have. If you don't like it vote with your wallet and bail only if enough customers do that will teh manufacturers pay attention

Associate
It can be EOL because the manufacturer is no longer making the original non LHR model. Plus from a manufacturer perspective why would they continue to make a model and sell at such a reduced price when they can sell the newer LHR version at the inflated price. Don't get me wrong i think it sucks but it is not OCUK's fault and to be honest i doubt the manufacturers give a damn about the queues there resellers have. If you don't like it vote with your wallet and bail only if enough customers do that will teh manufacturers pay attention

A: manufactures have replaced the product with a like for like product. End of life is reserved for say a 960 that’s now end of life. Lhr versions simply replaced the previous ones. They have been superceeded with a new version. It’s essentially the same as if they sent out 50 faulty ones and got 50 back and replaced them with fixed versions, the SKU has ended but it’s been replaced with a new versions. It’s really not a hard concept and pretty common place, the manufactures and usually the shops usually just want to see the original order fulfilled.

b: manufactures never forced ocuk to take so many preorders. Ocuk is the one that made the commitment with the customer to take money in advance
for something to be sourced later for them. Nothing to do with the maker. If ocuk didn’t think or know they could fulfil on the pre order promise then they should have accepted 1000 plus pre orders for each graphics card they listed.

The sale was not with the manufacturers.

Associate
A: manufactures have replaced the product with a like for like product. End of life is reserved for say a 960 that’s now end of life. Lhr versions simply replaced the previous ones. They have been superceeded with a new version. It’s essentially the same as if they sent out 50 faulty ones and got 50 back and replaced them with fixed versions, the SKU has ended but it’s been replaced with a new versions. It’s really not a hard concept and pretty common place, the manufactures and usually the shops usually just want to see the original order fulfilled.

b: manufactures never forced ocuk to take so many preorders. Ocuk is the one that made the commitment with the customer to take money in advance
for something to be sourced later for them. Nothing to do with the maker. If ocuk didn’t think or know they could fulfil on the pre order promise then they should have accepted 1000 plus pre orders for each graphics card they listed.

The sale was not with the manufacturers.

Th 3080 is not EOL but the Non LHR SKU's are which are the ones that were pre ordered. You are right it is a pretty easy concept to grasp so unsure why you are struggling

Associate

Unfortunately, for the last ‘too long’ miners have been doing exactly this…. :(

Soldato
haven’t been on the forum in a couple of months, and it’s almost been a year now since the 3080 released. Everyone got their 3080’s now?
lol

A lot of the vendors basically stopped making certain models almost immediately so you get situations for example where people are never getting their 3080 TUF because asus started making oc versions or lhr versions immediately instead, and is considered a different model that won't be fulfilled instead

OD_

OD_

Associate
haven’t been on the forum in a couple of months, and it’s almost been a year now since the 3080 released. Everyone got their 3080’s now?

nope. Queue pos 79 now, 3080 tuf oc. Not sure how thats ever going to change other than cancellations or upgrades.
Not liking the look of the current prices so still waiting, not sure why really.
That upgrade option for a white KFA2 .. no thanks.

Associate
Ok so for those folks still waiting on 3080 Asus TUF non oc LHR, they definitely do exist. As I mentioned maybe a few months back in my post, I ordered on 17.9 around 20 mins after launch from a Finnish retailer, which is part of the same corp as OCUK, and I just got the shipping confirmation for my order. They've received around 50 tuf non oc LHR cards since the beginning of August and more are coming. So don't let anybody tell you otherwise, these cards do exist and they are being shipped as we speak. Hope you guys are getting supplied soon, too. Hang in there!

Associate
I wonder why we aren't getting them over here then...

Different distribution/supply channels for cards is my educated guess. Plus, there aren't many Nvidia partner retailers in Finland, which means that during supply droughts the cards that are coming in mostly go to those retailers before others (luckily the retailer I bought the card from is one of the biggest Nvidia and Asus partner in the Nordics).

Associate
Ok so for those folks still waiting on 3080 Asus TUF non oc LHR, they definitely do exist. As I mentioned maybe a few months back in my post, I ordered on 17.9 around 20 mins after launch from a Finnish retailer, which is part of the same corp as OCUK, and I just got the shipping confirmation for my order. They've received around 50 tuf non oc LHR cards since the beginning of August and more are coming. So don't let anybody tell you otherwise, these cards do exist and they are being shipped as we speak. Hope you guys are getting supplied soon, too. Hang in there!

Hmm, strange that, innit?

Back
Top Bottom