• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3090 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
I have cancelled my preorder at 319 for Strix OC 3090 if anyone was below that.

After the latest post I don't think getting the 3090 before CP2077 so had to get a Founders Edition by less honourable means.
I'll get a 3090 Strix OC next year when there isn't such a massive wait for them.

Aaaand... CP2077 just got delayed :D

image0.jpg

Associate
TBF I'm in queue for the Aorus Master but the new AMD cards look pretty good specs I think I will wait until a few reviews are out first tho I think never had a AMD card before

Associate
TBF I'm in queue for the Aorus Master but the new AMD cards look pretty good specs I think I will wait until a few reviews are out first tho I think never had a AMD card before
From what I've heard your still king with a 3090 but the 3080 might be in for a run for it's money. However not sure killer features like DLSS have a full answer from AMD, or how Ray-Tracing in games will affect the performance.

So still all to play for in in the 3080 space.

Associate
Ouch - well good things come to those who wait. Feel your pain I sold my 1080Ti for £427 before the release -that was a win. But the wait is longer than expected - but hey that's life I guess.

What's really going to grind my gears is the 3090 Ti. Not announced, but Samsung have a 2GB GDDR6x chip coming next year that will half the number of memory chips required. This means a likely 1TB/s memory speed or above, lower power consumption, possibly single sided card again, and better thermals. So yea I'm predicting a 3090 Ti.

Caporegime
From what I've heard your still king with a 3090 but the 3080 might be in for a run for it's money. However not sure killer features like DLSS have a full answer from AMD, or how Ray-Tracing in games will affect the performance.

So still all to play for in in the 3080 space.

Agreed. All leaks seem to indicate that although AMD may have a faster rasterization card at each level, their card will be 20% slower in RT.

I would be more concerned about perhaps Nvidia responding with 3080ti offering 95% of the 3090 performance and maybe sub £1000 to compete. Will all depend on what price AMD pitch their 3090 competing card at. If its sub £1000, Nvidia will lose a lot of 3090 sales to it. Having paid up to £700 more for 12 Gb more memory and 5% performance that would hurt.

Associate
Agreed. All leaks seem to indicate that although AMD may have a faster rasterization card at each level, their card will be 20% slower in RT.

I would be more concerned about perhaps Nvidia responding with 3080ti offering 95% of the 3090 performance and maybe sub £1000 to compete. Having paid up to £700 more for 12 Gb more memory and 5% performance would hurt.
We wont see Ti's till Samsung sort the new GDDR6x chip, but your not wrong - both the 3080 and 3090 holders will grimace. I guess it's just early adopter tax.

Associate
I find it kind of funny; nvidia really shot themselves in the foot with this stock situation. With the 30-series being as delayed as they are (to reach our hands) - they are actually giving us an opportunity to cancel our orders and go with team red.

Associate
Cyberpunk delay, good for some of the people still waiting for their cards, but it’s becoming a bit of a joke now. I even had that week off, booked even before the previous delays, just happened to land the same time, not any more though. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Associate
Hello,

I’ve just placed an order for the Asus Rog Strix 3090. Having been trying to keep up with all the stock issues. What’s the latest on when there might be stock? I understand that I am in a queue, although I do not yet know how big the queue is.

Thanks,

Associate
Hello,

I’ve just placed an order for the Asus Rog Strix 3090. Having been trying to keep up with all the stock issues. What’s the latest on when there might be stock? I understand that I am in a queue, although I do not yet know how big the queue is.

Thanks,

I purchased mine at 1:58 sept 24 2 mins before official release and was queue number 23. I’m now queue number 9.

I have a feeling shipments will get larger and larger so it’s not going to be months away. 2020 will be unlikely though. I think there are over 400 in the queue for this model.

Associate
I purchased mine at 1:58 sept 24 2 mins before official release and was queue number 23. I’m now queue number 9.

I have a feeling shipments will get larger and larger so it’s not going to be months away. 2020 will be unlikely though. I think there are over 400 in the queue for this model.

:D It wont be months away.....but 2020 is unlikely?

2021 is literally months away......2 in fact

Back
Top Bottom