• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3090 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Caporegime
have you looked into
OPtimus block
or Watercool

The company Watercool had a vote which GPU should get a waterblock.
The winner was FTW3.

I did see the optimaus block. A few issues.

1. With pre orders, doubt I would get one this side of xmas anyway as its the only ftw3 ultra block available
2. Its looks amazing but with backplate I think you are looking close to £270! :eek:

Decided to just wait from my strix OC which I know has no issues pulling over 500W and a good variety of choice in waterblocks available. Plus the FTW3 Ultra was even more expensive than the strix oc.

Associate
The next worry now that is shipped is whether or not you got slapped with a silicon lottery dud. I take it there is a 10% chance its a really good one, unless Asus have already started binning those for their King Pin type variant.

Associate
Strix OC 3090. I went from 518 on Friday to 471 today.

I feel like that is a combination of shipments and cancellations and things will move slower in the lower numbers but hopefully with the number of cards coming out of factories ramping up from last week this is a good sign.

For those wondering why I would jump in line so late, I was anticipating the 3080 20GB version but since it apparently got cancelled before it was even officially announced then I just decided to jump into the 3090 line.

Associate
For those awaiting 3090 cards i popped into my local computer shop this morning to buy some water cooling fitting. We got onto the subject of Nvidia and the horrible launch of the 3000 cards. He said he did not bother with pre orders and will not be for the 3070, basically come into the shop and buy one.

Anyway long story short, he had a MSI 3090 in stock! Which I bought for a pal of mine.

i think my point is, maybe worth popping into Your local supplier, you never know

Back
Top Bottom