• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3090 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Caporegime
I was 211 last friday for the Asus strix OC but got one in stock elsewhere (and cheaper) so everybody behind me can move one up in the queue.

@deuse since you ordered a week after me you will be pleased to hear you have moved one up the queue............oh wait, you cheated and had a higher queue position than me :rolleyes:

Associate
No surprise really. 3080 chips are just failed 3090 chips. If they are having good yields and lots pass for a 3090 then with a massive waiting list of people prepared to buy them for £1700, why would you ship any 3080s out at £700?

Yeah thats true!....im one of those people.

I was 200 odd for an RTX 3080 Strix non OC.....and after 2 months barely moved....most of which was cancelled orders....I only went with the 3080 as I felt the 3090 didn't justify the price difference for the 10% performance boost....but here I am now waiting for my 3090 to be delivered tomorrow ha.

Caporegime
Sadly i had a 3090 strix none oc pre order in for £1589 but i serious doubt that will appear before spring 2021. Has anybody actually got a none OC 3090 strix yet?

Associate
Not looking great for OCUK's rep atm, Competing stores getting stock of the more popular cards and the cards OCUK are getting in stock are being priced gouged to a point that why would you buy one

Caporegime
Not looking great for OCUK's rep atm, Competing stores getting stock of the more popular cards and the cards OCUK are getting in stock are being priced gouged to a point that why would you buy one

They are all at it though. Big retailer today got strix oc stock and put the price up another £50 to last weeks stock price and are now higher than ocuk.

In fact they are now £250 more than MRSP. I know they are coming by air freight but airfreight doesnt cost £250.

Associate
The price from distribution (who aren't allowed to price gouge) on the Asus Strix OC 3090 currently is £1582 incVAT...so the resellers are adding their margin on and making about 10% which isnt massive tbh.

Associate
lol I retract my earlier complaint, just pulled the trigger and got myself a 3090 FE coming tomorrow! Will try and get a 3080 if it comes up too and decide later which to keep lol.

Associate
It’s painful as at the start only wanted FE due to my 2080 being FE and like it til Strix come out with extra HDMI, fan header & water block available decided to go toward Strix. Now still waiting on card and block while FE is available to buy and arrive tomorrow. I should hold on as I’m at 31 in queue hopefully won’t be too long.

Back
Top Bottom