• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3090 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
Oh of course, I don't blame OC at all, it's up the chain where there are issues but you'd think one of the higher links would at least give them a slight idea of when they'll be receiving some cards
I blame them abit lol
Even if they just said “look Asus is being vague” we would then hassle Asus on Facebook. Inevitably We would then be redirected to NVidia

Caporegime
My mate has cancelled his 3090 from another place.

He said he will buy the new Ryzen 9 5950X and a motherboared and still have change for the AMD cards when they come out.

Makes me think...

Maybe you can hold onto your 3090 pre order and then just swap it over so you are first in the queue for the 69090XTX again? :rolleyes:

Associate
Cancelled my ASUS STRIX 3090 OC order today. Friend of mine from China told me Nvidia will be releasing a 3090 Ti/Super version, early 2021. I’m waiting until then.
That’s some interesting news but 3090 already expensive enough without a super or Ti for me.

But hope your under 88th in list will move me down lol..

Or maybe you should have kept your pre-order if the January people have been throwing about is in anyway accurate and swap your pre order to get you to #1 on ti/super list lol

Associate
Hey, thanks for the post. I have a feeling that maybe the bottleneck might scale though, that few frames in Metro Exodus in another game that benchmarks at 60FPS average for me might be 75 for you or something. I’d imagine that the games where the difference between the the two cards isn’t as big, those are the more CPU bound titles and that Forza example seems to suggest that.

I’ll post some settings tonight on the other games if you are up to trying them.

Thanks.

Bravo sir thank you! Surprised at the exodus results. Would be keen to see some standalone figures with Ray tracing on also, And whether it’s a worthwhile hit to take on Performance in reality?

Associate
Cancelled my ASUS STRIX 3090 OC order today. Friend of mine from China told me Nvidia will be releasing a 3090 Ti/Super version, early 2021. I’m waiting until then.
Are we meant to take "from China" as proof that he's a reliable source? I didn't realise they'd pressganged ALL their citizens into working in the silicon mines

Associate
Word on the street is a lot of the cards were recalled before release due to the capacitor issue. I would have imagined the OC versions of the cards would have been 2nd in terms of priority but due to the recalls the production cycle has resulted in retailers recieving the OC versions of the cards first before the standard editions which are presumably being unpackaged, fixed, repackaged and shipped. I am 24th in the queue for a Asus Strix and all i'm seing from Gibbo are OC versions of the TUF and STRIX arriving. Just my two cents on the matter.

Associate
Word on the street is a lot of the cards were recalled before release due to the capacitor issue. I would have imagined the OC versions of the cards would have been 2nd in terms of priority but due to the recalls the production cycle has resulted in retailers recieving the OC versions of the cards first before the standard editions which are presumably being unpackaged, fixed, repackaged and shipped. I am 24th in the queue for a Asus Strix and all i'm seing from Gibbo are OC versions of the TUF and STRIX arriving. Just my two cents on the matter.

To my knowledge no 3090 strix oc have been confirmed by OC as of yet or has this since changed?

Associate
Are we meant to take "from China" as proof that he's a reliable source? I didn't realise they'd pressganged ALL their citizens into working in the silicon mines

Yes, it's 100% reliable, my mate dave knows a guy who's friends with some girl who's boyfriend is from China. He said a 3090ti is coming out and its 100% faster than the 3090, It's also going to be £998.98 msrp.
So if I was all of you, I would cancel quick, so my queue position drops. You know y'all want that TI.

Associate
Yes, it's 100% reliable, my mate dave knows a guy who's friends with some girl who's boyfriend is from China. He said a 3090ti is coming out and its 100% faster than the 3090, It's also going to be £998.98 msrp.
So if I was all of you, I would cancel quick, so my queue position drops. You know y'all want that TI.

hahahahahhaha.

Associate
To be fair, everybody knows another card is coming.. something new is ALWAYS coming.. its just a matter of how long you want to wait.. and even then, something new is coming after that too.

Back
Top Bottom