• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3090 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
"We have heard your feedback regarding the NVIDIA online store and are working to improve the experience.

In the meantime, we will be selling our GeForce RTX 3080 and RTX 3090 Founders Edition through other partners. In the US, you can shop for Founders Edition at *** - GTX 3080 and GTX 3090 . In Europe, we continue to review Founders Edition fulfillment options.

Founders Edition units are limited, and more will be available in the coming weeks alongside an increasing supply of boards from our global board partners."

Interesting... wonder if OCUK will get some FEs as they are the UK's biggest supplier.
Source from Nvidia forums.

Associate
Having OC sell out in seconds is no different to Nvidia store selling out in seconds. I'd rather they sort out their own store rather than split it to different places to keep track of.

Associate
Hi all, I’m currently position 145 for 3080 TUF OC, if I want to switch to 3090 which queue is progressing well if any to join now? Considering the switch due to VRAM limitations for an HP Reverb G2 running FS2020 on ultra. I’m planning on running a 5900X so not too fussed if the card comes similar times after a similar launch issue with AMD!

Associate
Hi all, I’m currently position 145 for 3080 TUF OC, if I want to switch to 3090 which queue is progressing well if any to join now? Considering the switch due to VRAM limitations for an HP Reverb G2 running FS2020 on ultra. I’m planning on running a 5900X so not too fussed if the card comes similar times after a similar launch issue with AMD!

I joined the Msi Ventus queue this week and I received an email after this weeks dispatch that I was no.1. Not sure when they’ll get the next batch in but if you joined it you’d likely get one on that batch.

Associate
If anyone is thinking of cancelling a 3090 TUF OC please drop me a message if we could work something out. I’d like to order it but without having any (even vague) approximate delivery time I’m reluctant to place an order at the end of whatever the queue is currently.

P.S: I received my order for an EVGA 3090 XC3 Ultra and will replace that with a TUF OC hopefully

Associate
i know what people will do, buy a 3080/90 now, satisfy the urge.

when the 80/90ti/super is released they will sell that card add a few extra bob and buy the ti or super, i know thats what i will do.

Associate
You’re maybe not as CPU limited as you think. I ran one of the same benchmarks for you at your settings with my MSI 3090 and [email protected]...

Metro Exodus: 41.5

But I did also run Forza Horizon at 4K ultra preset and got 164.6fps average. Assuming that matches your settings then yeah, you are missing out on a lot of performance there.

I could also give you more/better comparisons on FH4, SOTTR, GTA5 and Alien Isolation, but would need a lot more information on your graphics settings in each of those cases.

OK, here’s a couple if you are willing to check.

All FPS is average.

Alien Isolation, did another run and got 212.75 average FPS on the first section called tessellation. Settings as follows:

FOV - 47

Screen Size - Fullscreen

Deep Color - On

Fullscreen Res - 3840x2160

Level of Detail - Ultra

Shadow Map Res - 2048

Shadow Mapping - Ultra

Particles - Ultra

Motion Blur - On

Depth of Field - On

Chromatic Aberration - On

Planar Reflections - On

SSAO - Standard

Texture Filtering - Ani 16x

Volumetric Lighting - On

Anti-aliasing - SMAA T1x

GTA5 on Pass 0 = 76. Found I didn’t have every setting as high as it will go.

DirectX 11

Fullscreen

3840x2160

FXAA - On

MSAA - Off

Pop Density - Max

Pop Variety - Max

Distance Scaling - Max

Texture Quality - Very High

Shader Quality - Very High

Shadow Quality - Very High

Reflection Quality - Ultra

Reflection MSAA - x4

Water Quality - Very High

Particles Quality - Very High

Grass Quality - Ultra

Soft Shadows - NVIDIA PCSS

Post FX - Ultra

Motion Blur Strength - Minimum

In-Game Depth Of Field Effects - On

Anisotropic Filtering - x16

Ambient Occlusion - High

Tessellation - Very High

Long Shadows - On

High Resolution Shadows - On

High Detail Streaming While Flying - On

Extended Distance Scaling - Max

Extended Shadows Distance - Max

Frame Scaling Mode - Off

Thanks.

Associate

All FPS is average.

Alien Isolation, did another run and got 212.75 average FPS on the first section called tessellation. Settings as follows:

FOV - 47

Screen Size - Fullscreen

Deep Color - On

Level of Detail - Ultra

Shadow Map Res - 2048

Shadow Mapping - Ultra

Particles - Ultra

Motion Blur - On

Depth of Field - On

Planar Reflections - On

SSAO - Standard

Volumetric Lighting - On

Anti-aliasing - SMAA T1x

DirectX 11

Fullscreen

3840x2160

FXAA - On

MSAA - Off

Pop Density - Max

Pop Variety - Max

Distance Scaling - Max

Reflection MSAA - x4

Grass Quality - Ultra

Post FX - Ultra

Ambient Occlusion - High

Tessellation - Very High

Long Shadows - On

Frame Scaling Mode - Off

Thanks.
It’s impossible to get an accurate read on Alien Isolation without a standardised benchmark. Seeing frame rates around your average but also periods where it’s in the 300fps plus range.

In GTAV I got 110fps and change in pass 0 using your settings. Hope that helps.

Associate
It’s impossible to get an accurate read on Alien Isolation without a standardised benchmark. Seeing frame rates around your average but also periods where it’s in the 300fps plus range.

In GTAV I got 110fps and change in pass 0 using your settings. Hope that helps.

Alien Isolation was with its built in benchmark, if you have it on Steam you need to right click it in Steam, select Properties, in General click Set Launch Options, type in -benchmark

Try with and without a space at the beginning as I forget if it needs that.

Click OK, then launch the game and it will start the benchmark instead of the game.

After it finishes you need to open the game folder and there will be a benchmark .csv file, the first bit will have the different sections of the benchmark with tessellation being the first, the third number across is the average FPS number.

Last edited:
Associate
Alien Isolation was with its built in benchmark, if you have it on Steam you need to right click it in Steam, select Properties, in General click Set Launch Options, type in -benchmark

Try with and without a space at the beginning as I forget if it needs that.

Click OK, then launch the game and it will start the benchmark instead of the game.

After it finishes you need to open the game folder and there will be a benchmark .csv file, the first bit will have the different sections of the benchmark with tessellation being the first, the third number across is the average FPS number.

Got it. Average FPS for ‘Tesselation’ was 228.13... so really not much difference at all. Around 10%, same as Metro.

Soldato

All FPS is average.

FOV - 47

Screen Size - Fullscreen

Deep Color - On

Level of Detail - Ultra

Shadow Map Res - 2048

Shadow Mapping - Ultra

Particles - Ultra

Motion Blur - On

Depth of Field - On

Planar Reflections - On

SSAO - Standard

Volumetric Lighting - On

Anti-aliasing - SMAA T1x

DirectX 11

Fullscreen

3840x2160

FXAA - On

MSAA - Off

Pop Density - Max

Pop Variety - Max

Distance Scaling - Max

Reflection MSAA - x4

Grass Quality - Ultra

Post FX - Ultra

Ambient Occlusion - High

Tessellation - Very High

Long Shadows - On

Frame Scaling Mode - Off

Thanks.

Why don't you get this while it's free Bright Memory: Infinite Ray Tracing Benchmark

Associate
Just been in the phone to OCUk and spoke to a guy who wasn’t helpful at all.
I have had no info off Ocuk on my queue position and he wouldn’t tell me where I was In the queue eitherand then went on to say I will be waiting tillJanuary/February Most likely.
When I’m spending 1700quid on a card I want to where I am in a queue.
All I want is info on where I am is this to much to ask.

Back
Top Bottom