• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3090 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
i was told a week ago that i was in queue number 43rd for the Asus TUF 3080 (non oc) and that i would get updates after each shipment.
it's been a week now and i've got no email. so either there's been no shipments of the card or the system has bugged?

There has probably been no shipments.

Associate
I'm 4th in line for the Non-OC TUF and haven't heard anything either. I know there's been a few OC shipments though

I think Gibbo updates on shipments on one of the other threads. Although looks like there have been very few shipments to OC, if that’s true.

there is an article on guru3d which shows for one American retailer how many units have been received from manufactures. It’s incredibly low. 10s not 100s. So I think the updates Gibbo posts, and lack of stock are pretty accurate. I think if you’re not in top 30-40 of any queue it will be a wait.

Last edited:
Associate
Because until recently anybody deciding to swap cards kept their place in the queue.

He didnt order a 3080 until several days after launch and then after seeing the 3090 OC Strix he changed his order to that on the 29th. OCUK kept him where his 3080 order queue was and he got a place in the queue based as though he had ordered on 3090 launch date. Thats wrong.

Surely that should be on the buyer if they order something and then wanted something else. IMO should be put to the back of the queue.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Yeah, I only got my 3950X in April... Not a fan of the chip tbh, they're a bit of a con...

They have one fantastically binned CCD that has at least one core that will do the promised boost speed, and the second CCD is a steaming pile that can barely boost... Yet you're paying more than 2x the price of the 3900X... I was expecting 2 good CCDs.

Going to move it into my 2nd rig which is currently running a 3800X, give the 3800X to my girlfriend, and then plop a 5900X into my main gaming rig.
I’ve got a 3970X and found that it improved significantly after I lapped it. The heatsink was convex so the waterblock I had on it was focusing the cooling in the centre of the heatsink, not the sides where the chips were.

Also, they’re more for production than gaming but I’ve never had trouble getting all cores to 4.5ghz under water.

Caporegime
Surely that should be on the buyer if they order something and then wanted something else. IMO should be put to the back of the queue.

Thats what they are doing now but for the first week if you rang up you kept your ON and date time of order when you swapped cards and just moved everybody else down the list for that card.

Associate
Thats what they are doing now but for the first week if you rang up you kept your ON and date time of order when you swapped cards and just moved everybody else down the list for that card.
I know I think it’s out of order.
Basically we should have all pre ordered 3080s up to the 23rd then changed our orders because the 3080’s wouldn’t of been sent out essentially making a pre order list before the pre order went live...
We should have pre ordered our pre orders...stupid

Caporegime
I know I think it’s out of order.
Basically we should have all pre ordered 3080s up to the 23rd then changed our orders because the 3080’s wouldn’t of been sent out essentially making a pre order list before the pre order went live...
We should have pre ordered our pre orders...stupid

Yeah hindsight is wonderful. Anybody pre ordering a 3080 could pre order the first place in the queue for 3090.

Associate
A Danish retailer stock levels showed they were getting 45 Strix OC imminently out of 150 orders, so I am hoping OCUK get a chunk more than that.. Lets be hopeful.

Maybe at 369 mine wont arrive this year :'(
Whhhaaaaaat!! We have been waiting for a while and got nothing, not even an update. I know @Gibbo was speaking with board partners but we have still to hear anything about asus; what they even have to say?

I am just hoping we have not been included because they are making a bigger batch for us due to the volume of pre-orders but still an update would be very welcome.

Associate
I sent OCUK a Facebook message hoping they'd have the tiniest inkling of when the ROG Strix OC would be turning up. Nope. They still have no idea. I wonder why everything is so vague...

Associate
I sent OCUK a Facebook message hoping they'd have the tiniest inkling of when the ROG Strix OC would be turning up. Nope. They still have no idea. I wonder why everything is so vague...
I don’t think it’s just OC I think nvidia are being vague to Asus for example with chips then Asus are being vague with OC about the completed boards so OC are being vague with us.
S*** rolls downhill.

Associate
I don’t think it’s just OC I think nvidia are being vague to Asus for example with chips then Asus are being vague with OC about the completed boards so OC are being vague with us.
S*** rolls downhill.
Oh of course, I don't blame OC at all, it's up the chain where there are issues but you'd think one of the higher links would at least give them a slight idea of when they'll be receiving some cards

Soldato
My mate has cancelled his 3090 from another place.

He said he will buy the new Ryzen 9 5950X and a motherboared and still have change for the AMD cards when they come out.

Makes me think...

Back
Top Bottom