• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3090 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
Well, I seriously regret trying to interact with the AMD clan in one of their threads. Point out a fact to them and they **** down my throat claiming I'm coping and have buyers remorse for my 3090

Associate
Is it too soon (literally a day) after a bunch of Strix got shipped out to ask when they're expecting the next lot to arrive?

I'm just interested to know if last weeks dry spell was a blip or if the "weekly refresh" has worked out as more of a fortnightly one

Associate
Rather have Nvidia over AMD any day, always had issues in past with AMD GPU's, drivers suck, support sucks, random black screens (basically their software sucks). But, these new cards do look great and i'm happy for the competition, hopefully Nvidia will lower prices. Very much need to see independent testing on these, also what is the RT performance like? Who knows.

True in the past, with the new architecture being based on consoles and so stress tested from AMD and the suppliers, you would think even ported to PC it would be more rebust.

I think the 3090 is currently the Titanic given that, at least for gaming.

It was never a good buy even before that, fools and their money, even before the life rafts.....

Associate
Is it too soon (literally a day) after a bunch of Strix got shipped out to ask when they're expecting the next lot to arrive?

I'm just interested to know if last weeks dry spell was a blip or if the "weekly refresh" has worked out as more of a fortnightly one
I want to know this too plus it went from 13 delivered to 28 also how much are them numbers going to shift wonder if being 41st I will be in next delivery or one after.
Or if they go back to 13 long after that.

Associate
I want to know this too plus it went from 13 delivered to 28 also how much are them numbers going to shift wonder if being 41st I will be in next delivery or one after.
Well I'm in 8th so unless something goes horribly wrong I'm definitely in the next lot
It almost feels like, with the numbers approximately doubled, this weeks amount accounted for there being zero last week

Last edited:
Associate
Well I'm in 8th so unless something goes horribly wrong I'm definitely in the next lot
It almost feels like, with the numbers approximately doubled, this weeks amount accounted for their being zero last week
Yeah that makes sense.
If that IS the case I will be delivery after next.
Better than a lot in the list but still not great as I ordered on launch day 2:08 only 8 minutes after sales opened apparently but in reality I was trying like many others at 1:58 just took me 10 minutes for site to go through to basket.
Only thing I’ve waited this long for was my PS4 but that was a preorder from the start then they oversold.
Unlike this GPU the PS4 was from the rainforest I didn’t pay until dispatch.
I guess I felt that less.

Associate
Oh god I accidentally used the wrong there
I'll see you in hell guys, RIP me

Yeah that makes sense.
If that IS the case I will be delivery after next.
Better than a lot in the list but still not great as I ordered on launch day 2:08 only 8 minutes after sales opened apparently but in reality I was trying like many others at 1:58 just took me 10 minutes for site to go through to basket.
Only thing I’ve waited this long for was my PS4 but that was a preorder from the start then they oversold.
Unlike this GPU the PS4 was from the rainforest I didn’t pay until dispatch.
I guess I felt that less.
I've waited many months for things in the past. It largely doesn't bother me because I don't "need" any of this stuff
My order went through at 14:03 but I was also refreshing beforehand. I think what snagged me was I accidentally selected amazon pay and my login had expired so I had to manually input it
I've only felt the money going because I had to borrow a couple hundred and paid it back last week after getting paid

Associate

the first shipment was shortly after the delayed production. 2nd shipment they’ve had a couple more weeks. I can only see OK + shipments coming now.

Associate
the first shipment was shortly after the delayed production. 2nd shipment they’ve had a couple more weeks. I can only see OK + shipments coming now.
We will find out but these lot came in stealth I know gibbo said in forum somewhere that 28 were due I even saw it but wasn’t in official update thread.

Associate
The AMD benchmarks were all with AMD zen 3 chips which are supposed to be the fastest available.
The 3090 was shown with a 10900k.
That isn't true, I think you're reading the slides at the end of the announcement video incorrectly.
The first paragraph is not referencing the 6900XT vs 3090 results they showed, but the Zen3 stuff they talked about at the start of this video.

The end of each paragraph is a reference code, which are supposed to line up with a code on each slide they showed in the video but it looks like they blanked out those codes on the slides likely just to make them look better in the announcement.
"R5K-002" referenced a Ryzen 5000 series slide.

The tests they did for the 6900XT vs 3090 were done with a 5900X like all the other tests they did.

But I am still skeptical of the results and am eager to see real world benchmarks.

Back
Top Bottom