• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 Ti, the flagship reinvented

Soldato
My mancave isn't a big room and really gets quite warm when gaming, thats with a 5900X and a 3090 thats undervolted and FPS limited.

Yep 3080 and 3800X and no heating on yet - most eves I gotta take my jumper off and it soon gets chilly soon as I stop for an internet browse.

Cant open room door as Mrs will be woken with my swearing. I fact my mrs' late eve enquiry before she goes off to bed as to what I'm planning, goes like this. "Are you going hunting tonight?".

As that's the word I shout the most apparently. True story

Soldato
Yep 3080 and 3800X and no heating on yet - most eves I gotta take my jumper off and it soon gets chilly soon as I stop for an internet browse.

Cant open room door as Mrs will be woken with my swearing. I fact my mrs' late eve enquiry before she goes off to bed as to what I'm planning, goes like this. "Are you going hunting tonight?".

As that's the word I shout the most apparently. True story

Maybe the RTX 4000 series we can get mounted on the wall? They'll be ideal radiators.

Man of Honour

But it doesn't answer an important question - can you use ordinary gaffer tape for the tie-downs for the card or is it only compatible with specially designed nvidia tape at £500 a metre? :)

Can anyone read what's written on the note taped to the monitor? I can't and that's bugging me.

Soldato
my 3080FE looks pathetic to those numbers :(
but at £650 its still by far the better bang for your buck.

I have a 3090FE because it was the only card i could get for a not greedy marked up price (i hesitated on the launch after market cards with sane pricing)

but is it worth £750 more than a 3080FE? nope, not even close...... my only real concern on it is ram but even then by the time the 10gb is an issue in more than the odd outlier, chances are things will have moved on anyway.

I have no regrets getting a 3090, its paid for itself, but the 3080FE is still the gaming GPU i would rather have. (and the £750 in my pocket of course ;) )

Soldato
Yet it chews up and spits out everything I throw at it with ease. Top tier is just becoming utterly pointless these days.
it has its uses (talking gaming am not even gonna mention none gaming stuff)

but my reverb G2 can bring my 3090 to its knees on full bubble (4k 90hz VR is a big ask in games) but sure, in general i agree with you, the 3080 is a great card. its far from mid range. you just have to look on steam stats to see what sort of level most game at.

V F

V F

Soldato
it has its uses (talking gaming am not even gonna mention none gaming stuff)

but my reverb G2 can bring my 3090 to its knees on full bubble (4k 90hz VR is a big ask in games) but sure, in general i agree with you, the 3080 is a great card. its far from mid range. you just have to look on steam stats to see what sort of level most game at.

The 1060 and 1050Ti seems to be the top card with the 2060 creeping in.

Soldato
OP
Soldato
I dunno how air coolers are supposed to cool 450w.

My Strix 3090, when the power limit is set to 450w will run the fans at 100% and get up to 80c.

If they have gone with air coolers the only explanation is that the cards are even bigger, maybe 4 slots

Soldato
I dunno how air coolers are supposed to cool 450w.

My Strix 3090, when the power limit is set to 450w will run the fans at 100% and get up to 80c.

If they have gone with air coolers the only explanation is that the cards are even bigger, maybe 4 slots

The heat will be limited to just the GPU side of the PCB, as only 12 memory modules on the 3090ti, so that should make things easier, but no escaping the need for exceptional case airflow.

I'm considering a 3090TI, though was hoping it would be less than 450W!

Soldato
Going to be extremely limited quantity, MSRP likely encroaching on £2000 and once the price gouging starts, Based on current 3090's in stock at various retailers going for £2500+, I can see this easily being a £3000+ GPU.

Back
Top Bottom