• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 4090 STOCK SITUATION & OcUK YOUTUBE REVIEWS - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

I cannot even remember what GPU or even normal hardware sales was like in 2005/6. I don't remember it like today where they purchase mass numbers from retailers and within 30 minutes they're up at massive markup? Was this even a thing then? Feels like in ways like modern versions of dodgy guys in white vans pulling up to you around the corner trying to flog a TV or two. Only difference it's over inflated. Like the PS5 launch all over again.

yup difference is i think they overestimate how many people shop at the £2k + price bracket.
also most of the idiots will have sitting with a 30 series GPU they bought off scalpers.

then again there is no limit to stupidity LOL

Will the lucky few who got in during the site chaos get theirs shipped soon? Still waiting for my email confirmation.

Warehouse are working through them as quick as they can. What does not ship today will be shipped tomorrow. Then the ones that over sold will have to wait, we do have more MSI Suprim X due tomorrow.

yup difference is i think they overestimate how many people shop at the £2k + price bracket.
also most of the idiots will have sitting with a 30 series GPU they bought off scalpers.

then again there is no limit to stupidity LOL

Hey, if people want to spend that, I have no beef but what grinds my gears is the way how this culture on the online world is nothing but pure exploitation nowadays for pure greed. It's greatly changed over the past 15 years.

You just need to say shortage and fans or snow shovels are sold out, it could be anything. Look at even the madness of toilet rolls or frenzies over the cheap TVs for Black Fridays that happened 2013/14?

It's feeling like a big giant stock market with everything these days.

Have a think about it. Do you think I would have blanked out the seller ID and not included the item number if it were me?

I haven't bought a 4090, to be clear. I am disgusted by the scalping tactic and I have never scalped anything in my life. I accept your apology in advance :)

I respect the scalpers.

they take a gigantic risk buying in all that stock and then trying to shift it. Its just sad that the general public are so thick and impulsive that they fall for it and buy it. all they have to do is wait 30 days for the scalper's return policy to become useless and you will see them all running back with customer returns. .. but no, the gaming community and general populagtion cant engage common sense and wait a month LOL

Will the people who bought oversold cards be told there's a small delay? Or is it just a safe guess that's the case if it hasn't been shipped by tomorrow.
Mine definatly will. 4K gaming on my LG 42 C2 OLED will be as I wanted it to be when I got the 3080 vanila 2 years ago.... Web was a little fidgety, but got there in the end.

Will the people who bought oversold cards be told there's a small delay? Or is it just a safe guess that's the case if it hasn't been shipped by tomorrow.

If its not shipped by tomorrow, your gonna have a 2-6 week wait I am afraid, let me know what card you ordered and I can try to give a more definite ETA. :)

I managed to get an order in on the SUPRIM LIQUID X but stupidly decided to use PaybyFinance so now I'm waiting on approval before I will know if my order made it (sounds like I'm waiting till at least November/December anyway if it gets approved, plus stock doesn't get allocated until approval)

Should have just bought it outright and suffered the upfront cost while I had the opportunity. That's what I get for trying to spread the cost :(

Last edited:
Hi I ordered an inno3d cheap one, can I switch to one that comes in tomorrow if I don't get the inno3d thanks, I don't think I will as I was late on.

I believe at present all stock is spoken for including what is due in tomorrow, as several lines have oversold including those due in tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom