• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 4090 STOCK SITUATION & OcUK YOUTUBE REVIEWS - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Thanks, that's interesting.

Good site for CPU comparisons: https://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/AMD-Ryzen-9-3900X-vs-AMD-Ryzen-7-5800X/4044vs4085

Yes, the game is clearly CPU-bottlenecked, but *maybe* not to the extent you're seeing there, I would guess. If resolution isn't high, that's not going to compound the issue, just show the 'base-difference' (that's a phrase I just made up to annoy annoying know-it-alls).

For context: I have 30 years of PC building, upgrading and repairing experience, including 2 years working in a PC build, recycling and repair shop. One thing I've really reinforced from my last few years of pre-purchase research is that both AMD and Nvidia are unscrupulous liars and you can't trust anyone to provide reliable 'bang per buck' figures. Community-sourced synthetic benchmarks like the above are good, but not great markers (can be gamed). As a rule of thumb, I would halve any figures quoted for performance gains. I upgrade nowadays as far as I can, within reason (who gives a **** about the last 5%?) and expect to do so for 100% gains every 8-10 years. That's real-world 'feel it' performance, not stats and benchmarks that don't really show up.

My take on your LoL comparison is that it's heavily weighted on CPU and the newer CPU will have features that benefit certain games more than others. LoL is an eSports game, so it figures it will play well on newer chips. I'd guess your GPU utilisation is probably well under 100% for that game. I doubt a driver update will help, tbh. If it could, it would be a motherboard one. Or at least moving CPU-based calcs to the GPU (not sure if LoL could support this even in theory).
Thank you for sharing, thing is if you go to the website and view the data you linked, the differences are like 100 FPS at most! However what I'm seeing is a 500 FPS difference, which makes no sense, I expect to see loss, I get that cause I'm using a older CPU! But a 500 FPS loss? Which is leading me to think there something else wrong here

Thank you for sharing, thing is if you go to the website and view the data you linked, the differences are like 100 FPS at most! However what I'm seeing is a 500 FPS difference, which makes no sense, I expect to see loss, I get that cause I'm using a older CPU! But a 500 FPS loss? Which is leading me to think there something else wrong here
I just read your message a bit more closely (it's hard to read as the formatting is non-existent). I understand you have dyslexia, but that's clearly not the problem there (anger, more so, I would guess? :)

Yeah, something is definitely wrong there. I'm not sure what 'starting league' and 'end of league' means, but assume the starting point is an apples-to-apples comparison and those numbers are very odd.

So you're both not hitting 100% cpu, nor gpu? You're basically very close with configuration, except cpu generation. The benchmarks suggest the chips are a LOT closer than what you're seeing.

Are you on the same version of windows? Same update?
Do you run at the same resolution? Can you copy one or the other's config to test?
Kill ALL other programs running on the PC. ALL of them. Disable Discord, or ast least turn off 'use gpu acceleration' in adv. settings..
Check one isn't running a higher super-sample render resolution (the anti-aliasing one). That can kill fps without realising it.

Assuming you've leveled the field, then I'd completely uninstall graphics drivers (and restart) before reinstalling them. Uninstall the game and/or steam/launcher, too. If that doesn't work and all other things are equivalent then I'd say you have a duff 4090 or it's not getting enough power or something even more strange.

Last edited:
Hi @Gibbo,

Any further news/updates on the MSI Gaming X Trio stock situation for Overclockers, please?
I spoke to the Customer Services team so am aware of my position in the backorder queue but haven't seen any updates on when you guys are expecting anything in of late.

Appreciate any updates you can share.

Hi @Gibbo,

Any further news/updates on the MSI Gaming X Trio stock situation for Overclockers, please?
I spoke to the Customer Services team so am aware of my position in the backorder queue but haven't seen any updates on when you guys are expecting anything in of late.

Appreciate any updates you can share.

Nothing yet I am afraid, most partners were saying middle of November, we are hoping to get a Suprim NONE X version in stock, so basically a Suprim with no factory OC, maybe once we have finalised landed cost we could switch you over to that card for same price?

Well, stock of the cheaper AIB cards at OCUK seems to be pretty good now... https://www.overclockers.co.uk/?query=rtx%204090&price_decimal=1432:&sortBy=production_ocuk_price_asc

Really looks promising that we will not have a repeat of Ampere again.

Our cost prices still need to come down, but I am hopeful to get a £1799 live maybe today/tomorrow, it is the Palit Omni Black edition, essentially it is a GameRock card but they have removed the vapor chamber from the cooler to reduce cost and I also think they have removed the RGB as well. Cooling performance is like 3-4c hotter than the GameRock which has the chamber, so overall the temperatures are still pretty low and within line of other coolers anyway.

Nothing yet I am afraid, most partners were saying middle of November, we are hoping to get a Suprim NONE X version in stock, so basically a Suprim with no factory OC, maybe once we have finalised landed cost we could switch you over to that card for same price?

Our cost prices still need to come down, but I am hopeful to get a £1799 live maybe today/tomorrow, it is the Palit Omni Black edition, essentially it is a GameRock card but they have removed the vapor chamber from the cooler to reduce cost and I also think they have removed the RGB as well. Cooling performance is like 3-4c hotter than the GameRock which has the chamber, so overall the temperatures are still pretty low and within line of other coolers anyway.
Is inno3d still vague time like mid of Nov or u got some specific date?

Hi @Gibbo,

Is there an update on when the MSI Suprim X and/or the Suprim Liquid X might be in stock again, or even the option to pre-order one?

Thank you for your time. :)

Hi @Gibbo
Is it possible to change my card from inno3d to a palit one at all? I can pay the difference if needed. If its possible please let me know
Dude while Gibbo "might" see your request, this is not an official OCUK staff support thread, so if you need to do something urgently then call them or send them a support ticket.

did the £1799 4090 Palit Omni Black edition pop up or have I mnissed it?

I see the £1,791.80 trioX OC...
Are you blind? https://www.overclockers.co.uk/pali...dr6x-pci-express-graphics-card-gx-06x-pl.html :p

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom