• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Nvidia GTC16 Webcast Live Stream@5pm/9am PDT *Jen looks great in leather.*

Caporegime
yeah people are already saying nothing is going to be said till Computex

It's really quite funny, people convinced themselves a launch was coming in April based off completely made up rumours, but then people decided if it was being launched in April, they must be talking about it at any event in April... so even with the initial rumours debunked, the concept they would tell us everything about Pascal here for no reason at all and from zero sign from Nvidia, was considered gospel for the past couple of months.

They'll talk about Drive PX2 again, they might talk a little about Pascal, they could talk about specific cards but it's very very unlikely.

You tend to but not always hear about an event like this which does a private show and tell with some journalists with samples, then you tend to get a public demo or private demo, then at some point after that you have a semi general event where more details about the architecture are revealed then later on again you tend to get a specific launch of a specific card. It's that last bit that you usually start getting accurate leaks/benchmarks within around 2 weeks. Everything else happens for most new architectures and the first new card... not always but almost every generation I can think of.

I'm expecting a huge amount of disappointment from the guys who hype themselves up over nothing after this but probably this is when we'll get a few journos mention they saw one behind closed doors.

Caporegime
So funny watching all those who've hyped themselves up about this event being all about Pascal :D

I didn't, I had a private invite to the conference and knew exactly what it was all going to be about. personally I am actually more excited by progress in deep learning and autonomous driving than GPUs right now - no time to game right now.

Caporegime
"That person communicating from very very far away can literally be standing in front of you.... " , not sure you know what the word literally means.

Not sure about playing a video, I mean it's not being shown in VR so it's just a video of a location which is, well, nothing new or different, really odd.

Soldato
this gif is back...

I like that gif, it would be great if they showed this car stuff ( driveworks ) on a car game like pcars or something.

Also i think we should have a boredworks gif! As im really bored of the car tech stuff :o next thing you know we will have skoda making graphics cards.

Back
Top Bottom