** NVIDIA GTX 1080 FOUNDERS EDITION: WANNA PRE-ORDER?

Stupid price. Nvidia really are taking the **** out of the UK. I will just have to make my Voodoo 2 SLI last a bit longer until the prices come down to a sensible level

Last edited by a moderator:
I like how people here are just complaining about the price. And yet no doubt these will sell like hotcakes and I'll bet OCUK and other retailers will be out of initial stock very quickly. Why? I dunno, ask your neighbour.

I'll just sit back and watch the chaos unfold and entertain me.

If we get AIB versions with additional power connectors and decent cooling for sub £550 then as much as it would sting the wallet, I'll probably end up getting one. £620-650 for a reference card? No chance.

I reckon I'm going to have to convince my boss that I 'need' a graphics card upgrade (excel needs to run at 144fps for max performance and all that) but will happily pay for it myself if they eat the VAT. :)

I do agree there is an unfair 'uk' tax being added from the US price but I have to say that with, in some cases, twice the 980Ti performance I'd rather spend £620 on a 1080 than £500 on a 980Ti.

Off to the USA soon so might head to a 'no sales tax' state next to Boston

US online sales are tax free for most people in most cases but some will have to pay 18% if they are unlucky

People expecting a new generation NVIDIA card with superior performance to the current generation products with a very low supply at launch to be reasonably priced...

p9SVL54.jpg

It is expensive, but it will sell out straight away, then people can wait for cheaper custom cards further down the line, until AMD give NVIDIA a reason to do it another way we'll just have to live with it. It's a great card, but I'll wait for the 1080Ti :)

Back
Top Bottom