1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NVIDIA Next Generation ‘Ampere’ 7nm Graphics Cards

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by LoadsaMoney, Oct 4, 2019.

1. TNA

Capodecina

Yep. 2022 Ultra settings.

That’s why I only went 16gb last year. Only handful of games will need 32gb by the time I am ready to buy again was my thinking. Only game I recon that I will need it for is Microsoft Flight Simulator.

Keep in mind I do not leave browsers or anything at all running when playing which helps.

I recon in 2022 I will go for a 4900X on the cheap with 32GB of 4000MHz RAM. Then pass my Ryzen 3600 and 16gb RAM down.

2. Random Guy Esq.

Mobster

3. Grim5

Suspended

I'm not sure if system RAM requirements will change but I definitely expect the VRAM requirements will go up alot this next generation. I expect high end gaming GPU's will ship with 24gb to 32gb of VRAM within 2 years.

4. TonTom

Wise Guy

I went 32gb last November. It was so cheap at the time I thought why not.

5. Richdog

Capodecina

It's looking like a beast due to Nvidia knowing they need to bring out the big guns... pretty much as I expected. It is going to be sooo interesting to see what AMD come up with, 2020/2021 is going to be a great time for consumers and I can't wait for the next battle in the ongoing war! :D

6. Random Guy Esq.

Mobster

Yup. Exciting times!

7. Chuk_Chuk

Wise Guy

Technically a 2080ti isn't friendly on the wallet but that doesn't stop people;)
    The people on the bottom end will simply be forcefully moved up to 16GB, or switching to console, to play certain games unfortunately.

8. BigBANGtheory

Wise Guy

I’m struggling to think of a PC game in my list that consumes more than 6GB RAM or runs more than a couple of threads it’s a bit sad really

9. Richdog

Capodecina

I highly doubt that 64GB RAM will become "standard" in 2022... 32GB will be the recommended. More important will be the SSD speeds that can be used to seamlessly page and stream data for the games as that is going to be one of the biggest impacts with next-gen consoles. 24GB VRAM would also be high even for 4k resolutions.

10. Grim5

Suspended

Moores law is dead is still claiming that GA102 is the rtx3080 - Nvidia knows amd is coming back strong so the 3080 gets bumped up a notch. He's also claiming that the 3080ti is 60% faster than the 2080ti

11. TNA

Capodecina

Performance sounds good. They just need to get pricing right this time!

12. The Old School Gamer

Hitman

It stopped me.

I just refused to pay that much.
    And the same will go for Ampere or RDNA2.

The mark of a good PC enthusiast in my humble opinion isn't about spending big and going top of the line.
    It's about building capable PCs, choosing your parts carefully while spending the least amount of money to achieve that goal.

13. Chuk_Chuk

Wise Guy

The key part of my post was the "0 bottle necks bit". I think 32 GB might be enough for people who close eveything down (probably pushing 80+% in some AAA titles). But if you are the type to leave things open in the back ground i suspect that it will not be enough.

I can't see PC games introducing minimum SSD speeds in their specs list. Imagine buying a game and finding out you can't play it or you have stuttering and textures pop ins because you don't have a PCIE 4 NVME drive.

I anticipate that developers will just load everything into RAM to compensate and call it a job well done.

14. Richdog

Capodecina

I didn't mean there would be SSD minimum specs, I meant that their performance will have a big impact as time goes on, mitigating the need for more RAM as speeds increase as there will be less need to move things to RAM as a middle-man.

"0 bottlenecks" is a subjective and nebulous thing due to technology limitations or even bad coding not making full use of hardware and only the really high-end gamers can aim for this.

15. TNA

Capodecina

I must be a proper PC enthusiast then :D

We should make our own thread for proper PC enthusiast’s, sorry @Kaapstad you are not allowed in :p:D

16. varkanoid

Sgarrista

Least they could have stuck the RTX3080 film sticker on the right way round !

[​IMG]

17. Jacky60

Hitman

It IS on the right way around unless you game with your mobo upside down.

18. andybird123

Capodecina

480 rad and EK 2080ti block, made no difference to clocks attained on 2 different 2080ti's
    was quieter, but that's it, I wouldn't recommend water cooling GPU's any more to anyone that doesn't already have a loop

your idea of "blows out of the water" may be different to mine but to say that I would want an actual difference in OC clocks to be attained

19. deuse

Capodecina

£750-820 for a 3080Ti and I will buy...

20. JediFragger

Capodecina

Agreed, stop messing around and make them all 50% more expensive ;) :D :p