• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** NVIDIA PRICE DROP: GTX 780 & 770 MASSIVE PRICE DROP!! **

Caporegime
The MSI or Gigabyte 780's are no brainers to me. They slap the 290X about and hit it into submission before breakfast :D

With the game deals coming at 2pm, anyone on the fence needs to seriously look at these 2 cards :)

Permabanned
The MSI or Gigabyte 780's are no brainers to me. They slap the 290X about and hit it into submission before breakfast :D

With the game deals coming at 2pm, anyone on the fence needs to seriously look at these 2 cards :)

A 780 for potentially <£400 after selling games, who's bad value for money now then? :D

Gigabyte card has one of the best custom coolers out of the lot too.

Soldato

No one ever mentions the Asus DCUII that I seem to think is so great, am I missing something? :) Only £10 more than MSI and £20 more than Windforce.

Base clocks only 60MHz less, and from what I read cooling and noise 2nd to none.

Permabanned
No one ever mentions the Asus DCUII that I seem to think is so great, am I missing something? :) Only £10 more than MSI and £20 more than Windforce.

Base clocks only 60MHz less, and from what I read cooling and noise 2nd to none.

Both are brilliant coolers, just ASUS RMA isn't as good as GIGA.

Soldato
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_J6-3l3hCm0
...but really could do with Nvidia knocking at least another £20 or so off the price, if the 290 really coming in at just £350

The 770 prices still seem a bit too high though.

They trade blows
Yea sure...that's like saying the GTX680 trade blows with GTX670 or 7970 trade blows with 7950, and dismissing it just because the margin isn't too big...

Last edited:
Caporegime

Asus are being rather naughty with RMA problems and doing everything they can to get out of it from recent reports. I am sure the card is fantastic in honesty and I own Asus monitors (3 of them) Asus Mobo and Asus Titan, so I am begging everything to work :D

Permabanned
AMD needs to react because as soon as the Nvidia three game bundle hits who would look at an hot and hungry 290x? It needs to go sub £400 or/and they need a games bundle.

Which will make them look laughable dropping prices not even a week after release.

nvidia have them on puppet strings.

Caporegime
not really ti will be 500 minimum and by the time thats out custom cooled 290s will be out at 420-450 so theyll match each other more or less anyway.

Back
Top Bottom