• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** NVIDIA PRICE DROP: GTX 780 & 770 MASSIVE PRICE DROP!! **

Permabanned
Indeed & about time:)

Personally I think AMD will have NV by the balls if the 290 hits the right price spot & clocks well.

No lol, the 780 was still selling well at £500+ Gibbo said, at these new prices with the bundle they will literally fly off the shelf.

Soldato
Remeber these 780 oc's average around 5% faster out of the box then a titan, some very very good pricing, especially on the phantoms. Looks like I'll be going sli sooner rather then later :)

Soldato
Excellent. As it stands some of these cards are making the 780 the better purchase now. Better coolers etc etc.

If anyone feels smarted due to getting a 290X so quick, you shouldn't. That's the price sometimes of new tech, and was your personal choice. The 290X is a damn good card, use it :)

Soldato
Which will make them look laughable dropping prices not even a week after release.

nvidia have them on puppet strings.

If Nvidia drop the 780 to £400 then AMD will have to drop prices on their launch card.

The 290X has fastest raw out of the box performance but has sacrificed to much to get there. Heat / Noise / Temps / Power use. A price drop to £400 of the GTX 780 and AMD would struggle to sell the 290X at it's RRP imho.

Soldato
There is nothing in it between a 780 nd 290x in games, so I would say Nivida currently have the upper hand. AMD is not helped by the lack of non reference cards which is compounded by the bad reference cooler, and no games bundle.

Soldato
Doesn't matter how much they drop the price, it's old tech and slower than 290X.

If you want to be on the bleeding edge it's AMD for now.

Back
Top Bottom