• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** NVIDIA PRICE DROP: GTX 780 & 770 MASSIVE PRICE DROP!! **

Permabanned
Doesn't matter how much they drop the price, it's old tech and slower than 290X.

If you want to be on the bleeding edge it's AMD for now.

No it isn't lol, the amount of people already saying, glad I waited, 780 is the easy choice now shows you are completely wrong.

Soldato
Asus are being rather naughty with RMA problems and doing everything they can to get out of it from recent reports. I am sure the card is fantastic in honesty and I own Asus monitors (3 of them) Asus Mobo and Asus Titan, so I am begging everything to work :D

lol, my Titans are ASUS - I 'm praying I don't get any issues with them! Not that I would, they're amazing cards :)

Just a heads up though Greg I sent two 120Hz panels back to an ASUS repair centre. It was actually amazingly pain free. I booked in the RMA, the courier arrives with your replacement and they take your faulty panel.

The killing blow will be the launch of the GTX 780ti, the real Titan killer.

You keep saying that, but you have absolutely no idea what that card will be - like everyone else. No Titan price cuts could indicate otherwise, or it might not. Quit assuming you loyalist :D.

Last edited:
Soldato
We have AMD to thank for this, if it wasn't for them Nvidia could charge whatever they felt like. 290X launch did it's job and forced Nvidia's hand. Look forward to the 780ti reviews next. Hopefully a full 2880 core part.

Associate
We have AMD to thank for this, if it wasn't for them Nvidia could charge whatever they felt like. 290X launch did it's job and forced Nvidia's hand. Look forward to the 780ti reviews next. Hopefully a full 2880 core part.

+1

Glad I waited, 2 more weeks and I shall have my new card (780/780ti)

Good time for GPU upgrade :)

Permabanned

I'd agree although AMD eventually had to launch a new gen anyway and knew they couldn't price match the 780's as it would affect their sales. All in all it looks like we're closer to getting the prices most of us want to see, competition is great.

Soldato
Fingers crossed the GTX680s go down close to the £200 mark, doubt it as nVidia cards always seem to hold their value foe a long time. I miss having two GPUs in my rig :(

nvidia knew exactly what to do all along :D

Yep. Rip the fanboys off for as long as possible then drop the prices to where they should have been in the first place.

Others on here act like nvidia are doing people a favour :eek:

AMD took far too long to get the 290x to market and basically handed nvidia all the wiggle room they could possibly have asked for. At least we have a choice and as always competition is better for us so :)

Associate

Agreed. AMD could have easily marketed at a higher price given the performence of 290x. What else could NV do?

Soldato
Hmm, shall I cancel 290X pre-order and get a quieter (but slightly slower) 780 for the same price? Maybe I should let Batman decide?

NVidia are handing out carrots before AMD can supply the goods.

Associate
Great to see and a little surprising from Nvidia; anyone looking for a new card at the moment is in a great position either way!

Back
Top Bottom