• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA Readies TU104-based GeForce RTX 2070 Ti

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Seriously?

NVidia could cut the price of the existing 20XX series if they want to sell more cards.
They could, but they won’t until sales plummet.

I wonder if there will be very good Black Friday deals this year? :p

At least Nvidia have acknowledged that their pricing went too far this time by forcing AIB’s to send their $500 cards instead of $600+ ones for review. I really hope there is a huge decline in sales relative to pascal so they can price their 30 series 7nm stuff cheaper.

Soldato
To cut prices so soon is to admit their mistake and Nvidia is now in the same arrogant head space as Apple, so they won't do it

Man of Honour
OP
They could, but they won’t until sales plummet.

I wonder if there will be very good Black Friday deals this year? :p

At least Nvidia have acknowledged that their pricing went too far this time by forcing AIB’s to send their $500 cards instead of $600+ ones for review. I really hope there is a huge decline in sales relative to pascal so they can price their 30 series 7nm stuff cheaper.

I don't think sales are very good at the moment.

I look at what OcUK have to sell from day to day and cards like the 2080 Ti are just not selling out even though the actual chips they use are in very short supply.

Soldato
The 2070 would be a compelling proposition if it came down to 500 EUR or below.

I suspect a 2070ti being introduced would be an opportunity to bring down the 2070 price into that sort of territory.

Soldato
I look at what OcUK have to sell from day to day and cards like the 2080 Ti are just not selling out even though the actual chips they use are in very short supply.

Now you've done it, posts like this usually result in 'Gibbo' coming along to tell everyone that sales are really,really good...:rolleyes:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I don't think sales are very good at the moment.

Yeah. It is just way over priced. They are trying to get people used to buying XX80Ti for Titan money’s and it is not working, not for the performance on offer anyway.

They need to go back to their previous formula imo. Only Titan’s should command 4 figures and that is essentially a early buyers tax. Then release the XX80Ti 6-12 months later once they are done milking, which should be at a reasonable price.

Caporegime
Seriously?

NVidia could cut the price of the existing 20XX series if they want to sell more cards.

I'm sure there sales figures already tell them they are selling enough cards.

The thing is with pricing it is very easy to reduce RRP later on, but much harder to raise it. If sales slow down early next year than prices can be cut 25% and all those who held out due to price will commit then.

nvidia are also being careful to have a complete market stack with products at every price point.

The onyl question now is what will come between a 1060 and a 2070 pricing wise.

Soldato
hmmm thinking about the 2070ti..........i am a little confused here.. (not looking at prices but performance)

the 2080 is, give or take on a par with a 1080ti.
the 2070 is around 15% faster than a vanilla 1080.

iirc a 1080ti is about 30% faster than a vanilla 1080....

My question is, just where will a 2070ti fit? is there room to squeeze it in between the 2 cards above?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom