• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** NVIDIA RTX 30 SERIES NOW ONLINE AT OVERCLOCKERS UK (3090 / 3080 / 3070) **

Man of Honour
Who on earth is buying the MSI 3070 Gaming Trio X for £659.........
Why not wait and get a 3080 when it all calms down and prices go back to normal.

Yeah it is crazy - even though I actually need a 3000 series RTX for some development stuff I'm doing I'm not going to spend close to let alone 3080 MSRP or more regardless of the 3080 situation on a 3070.

Most I will spend on a 3070 is £550 if it ticked all the boxes and was a decent OC model with a good cooler and even that is a stretch really for an 8GB VRAM card in this day and age.

Soldato
Just refuse to pay it. Companies overprice things when they know suckers are queueing up to buy them. Wait for things to settle down. Watch the nvidia site and wait for another stock drop on the FE at rrp. That's what I did. Far better than paying £100 over the odds to sit in a long line for an inferior product.

Man of Honour
If you think that is bad I saw some 3090 FTW3 Ultra cards come in stock for £2100 the other day and they sold out in minutes.

Not to give anyone ideas but at least one 3070 has sold at 7 grand and I wish I was making that up.

EDIT: A 3090 Strix up at over 3 grand at the moment LOL.

Associate
So much for good amount of stock of palit coming in this week, gibbo has posted in the other thread, very small amounts in both gamerock 3070 cards which is less than 10 and expected to be here next week...

Man of Honour
Are founders edition 3080s rare? Looking for one to stick a waterblock on

Assume you are aware FE is not a reference PCB and so won't necessarily fit a waterblock unless designed for it.

3080 FEs are still going in minutes when they are listed (largely to then appear on certain sites at 2x the price).

Associate
Assume you are aware FE is not a reference PCB and so won't necessarily fit a waterblock unless designed for it.

3080 FEs are still going in minutes when they are listed (largely to then appear on certain sites at 2x the price).
Oops, my bad assumed FE was the reference PCB. Just looking for a reference card then really.

Back
Top Bottom