• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Nvidia Underfunding Gaming Software Team Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Watched a DF vid last night that discussed Nv pulling out resources of it's gaming drivers to focus on AI.

DF_Nv_drivers.png

MLID's discussing it as well.

Despite being out almost a fortnight, I don't think Starfields had any GRD optimisations outwith enabling Rebar on todays new 537.34 driver, which isn't like Nv, they are usually out with a fix/optimisations within days.

@tommybhoy

DF made it clear it can't be true as they are very different skills required and doesn't sound right, but you took a screenshot of the question being asked, also DF is right, can't make a heart surgeon a brain surgeon overnight.

MLID is talking his usual rubbish out of his rear as he always does with his clickbait channel.

Ah, so *THAT* was where I saw it. I ruddy knew I had seen it somewhere. @CAT-THE-FIFTH I think it was the same video where they said that Nvidia had not approached Bethesda. Edit in. Actually that may have been in DF's video where they waffle for over an hour about Starfield. I remember three guys sat there talking about it.

It makes sense. I mean, if you can charge $30k for two lumps of silicon why on earth would you bother selling it for twenty times less to a gamer?

Oh and I agree about MLID. What a pilchard he is. Spends most of his time rimming himself over how he was right in the previous video LOL.

Last edited:
Watched a DF vid last night that discussed Nv pulling out resources of it's gaming drivers to focus on AI.

DF_Nv_drivers.png

MLID's discussing it as well.

Despite being out almost a fortnight, I don't think Starfields had any GRD optimisations outwith enabling Rebar on todays new 537.34 driver, which isn't like Nv, they are usually out with a fix/optimisations within days.

Thisnis a rumour started by MLID 2 weeks ago and since then, no one else on the internet has made the same claim, it's all from MLID

Keep in mind this is the same person who claimed Intel Arc was dead and Intel by now was going to shut down its GPU division and fired its staff

Last edited:
Thisnis a rumour started by MLID 2 weeks ago and since then, no one else on the internet has made the same claim, it's all from MLID

Keep in mind this is the same person who claimed Intel Arc was dead and Intel by now was going to shut down its GPU division and fired its staff

MLID makes crap up constantly and labels it as "breaking news" I cannot stand him and would like to kick him repeatedly in the gooch.

@tommybhoy

DF made it clear it can't be true as they are very different skills required and doesn't sound right, but you took a screenshot of the question being asked, also DF is right, can't make a heart surgeon a brain surgeon overnight.

MLID is talking his usual rubbish out of his rear as he always does with his clickbait channel.

Exactly nail on head.

No doubt there is some transferrable skills there or if needs be, they will be able to upskill but anything AI related will be requiring more data scientists/engineers along with cloud engineers and a good chunk of devops engineers and chances are they don't have any background in games development....

With the way MLID has stated it, you would think nvidia are some struggling company for resources and having to scrap together a team from other parts, imagine a trillion dollar company having to do this :cry:

You can see nvidias job and teams broken down here:

Only thing that will be diverting away from gaming to ai is hardware side.

Utterly nonsense from MLID once again, the fact people still post his crap after he even said himself, you just throw **** around and see what sticks is mad.

MLID makes crap up constantly and labels it as "breaking news" I cannot stand him and would like to kick him repeatedly in the gooch.

Yup but it suits peoples narratives well :p

Last edited:
@tommybhoy

It's not uncommon in business to backfill any leavers with different technical skills. There are other versions of this story, additional budget has been given to other divisions to invest in building out it's software teams in HPC whereas the consumer division is seen as less of priority as the revenue is unstable and Nvidia wants to pivot it's focus away from Geforce and as such it's not getting the resources it once did.

It's not uncommon in business to backfill any leavers with different technical skills. There are other versions of this story, additional budget has been given to other divisions to invest in building out it's software teams in HPC whereas the consumer division is seen as less of priority as the revenue is unstable and Nvidia wants to pivot it's focus away from Geforce and as such it's not getting the resources it once did.
Stop with the logic. It doesn't go well with fanboyism.

There's another that constantly chats rubbish on youtube, that Graphically (mentally) Challenged channel. Always clickbait and reinterating old news to try and make it new news and usually its not even true.

There's another that constantly chats rubbish on youtube, that Graphically (mentally) Challenged channel. Always clickbait and reinterating old news to try and make it new news and usually its not even true.
You have forgotten the king of all mentally challenged youtoubers - AdoredTV. I feel like all 3 channels are made by a group of friends/even same person

Yeah he constantly makes crap up, Apparently there's going to be a 7970XTX that is nearly 50% faster than the 4090, Sources ? "trust me bro".

His entire channel is based on lies.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom