• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Nvidia Underfunding Gaming Software Team Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's not many youtubers to follow anymore that don't chat crap out of their arse. I find a lot of them just annoying or make clickbait videos, it only takes the first 10 seconds to realise what you've just clicked into.

We should, as a group gather our own data and make our own youtube channel which would be infinitely better than what's out there right now. NO DRAMA!

Last edited:
There's not many youtubers to follow anymore that don't chat crap out of their arse. I find a lot of them just annoying or make clickbait videos, it only takes the first 10 seconds to realise what you've just clicked into.

We should, as a group gather our own data and make our own youtube channel which would be infinitely better than what's out there right now. NO DRAMA!
Careful. Some of them might quote you and turn it into some COLOSSAL LEAK

It's because that's what social media platforms have decided to monetise

Clicks get money, even if it's bait clicks, fake news, fake content or just spam, YouTube like all other platforms reward clicks above everything else

So because clicks are so important creators have learnt how to exploit the system - by creating videos with outrageous, clickbait and often fake news titles and images.

It's much worse on Twitter than YouTube even, the best way to make money on Twitter is to just straight up post outrageous fake news - even if users dislike the content it doesn't matter, the platforms rewards clicks so the more drama the better and even if you leave a comment on YouTube or Twitter saying "this sucks, this is fake" - that creator gets paid thanks to your comment

Last edited:
Rather than reallocating existing resources from graphics drivers to AI, isn't it just more likely to be the case that the graphics driver team is staying about the same size, and AI is massively expanding so while true the ratio has changed, it doesn't mean that anything else has much.

Cannot believe this thread exists :p

Nvidia are a trillion dollar company, they don't need to pull resources around like they're being rationed or whatever.

In fact just read this for insight into how Nvidia operate, if anything, they welcome more people with unique skills to join the fold.

Intel managed to get new drivers out for Starfield before Nvidia though? :p

Has Nvidia sent all its driver teams to CDPR for Phantom Liberty then?

Last edited:
This word is now so overused that people have forgotten what it actually means.

Something being eye catching doesn't make it click bait.

Click bait was usually reserved for when the thumbnail has nothing to do with the contents of the video.

Example... a youtuber posted a video with the thumbnail Nvidia doubles GPU performance.

This was actually a doubling of AI on the latest Instinct parts... which clearly you can't game on but no doubt it got plenty of clicks.

It seems to be a lot worse now, have unsubscribed to most as it's just filler with a brief slightly relevant comment on the thumbnail near the end.

Example... a youtuber posted a video with the thumbnail Nvidia doubles GPU performance.

This was actually a doubling of AI on the latest Instinct parts... which clearly you can't game on but no doubt it got plenty of clicks.

It seems to be a lot worse now, have unsubscribed to most as it's just filler with a brief slightly relevant comment on the thumbnail near the end.
Nope, not clickbait. In fact the thumbnail is accurate in your example because even in your own rundown of the video, you acknowledge that Nvidia did double GPU performance. It might have been in AI but it is still a doubling of GPU performance. Just because the viewer may wrongly fill in the blank and assume they are talking about gaming doesn't make it click bait.

Last edited:
It's clickbait because the creator knows exactly what most viewers will naturally and automatically assume and that nature in itself brings the clicks and revenue.

It's overused I completely agree. That and all caps words in titles and the usual LTT style dramatic thumbnail with massive headline text. It's all a bit played out and th desire to actually click those videos is far less given the overuse of those formats purely for the exploitative nature or human behaviour.

It's the exact equivalent of what made BuzzFeed become a meme/joke over the years with their headlining of basically everything.

It's clickbait because the creator knows exactly what most viewers will naturally and automatically assume and that nature in itself brings the clicks and revenue.

It's overused I completely agree. That and all caps words in titles and the usual LTT style dramatic thumbnail with massive headline text. It's all a bit played out and th desire to actually click those videos is far less given the overuse of those formats purely for the exploitative nature or human behaviour.

It's the exact equivalent of what made BuzzFeed become a meme/joke over the years with their headlining of basically everything.

All of what you said and in general the tween quirky "Look at me I'm so different" behavior of a lot of tech tubers in the last year or so has meant my sub list has been substantially reduced as 99.99% of the content is just pure filler BS.

I would agree if the thumbnail had other items that would lead people to assume they are talking about gaming.

Though TBF with how everyone is in love with AI upscaling they could potentially still skirt the line of not being clickbait.

Last edited:
I would agree if the thumbnail had other items that would lead people to assume they are talking about gaming.

Though TBF with how everyone is in love with AI upscaling they could potentially still skirt the line of not being clickbait.

Easy avoided. Title it 'Nvidia double AI performance'

But that would get less clicks

Easy avoided. Title it 'Nvidia double AI performance'

But that would get less clicks
Yes that is a more accurate headline, that summarises the entire video. Because it summarises the entire video, there is less of a reason to watch it hence another reason why it would get less clicks.
However just because a better title summarising the video exists doesn't make the previous headline clickbait.

Using your example. "Nvidia doubles gaming performance". And then only talks about AI in the video, would be clickbait.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom