• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA Volta with GDDR6 in early 2018?

Associate
Would be cool if it came out this year, certainly possibly, but improbable in my opinion. I see it in Q1 2018 which is perfect timing for me :)

But if it does come out this year, I will buy for sure :D

Huang said pretty clearly it's not coming this year. I don't understand how people like the guy in the video get to consumer volta, when everything now is clearly about server volta.

Caporegime
The thing with NVidia is, they do keep pretty quiet til they want you to know what is what. I very much doubt we will see Volta til earliest Q1 2018 but I wouldn't be shocked to see it released before Chrimbo.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
The thing with NVidia is, they do keep pretty quiet til they want you to know what is what. I very much doubt we will see Volta til earliest Q1 2018 but I wouldn't be shocked to see it released before Chrimbo.
Yep.

Remember when the Titan Xp came out? No one had a scooby doo. Not a single report until it was released.

Going to grab a 2070 on release, then later consider a Volta Titan which I will water cool. That should do 4K 60fps easily I would image for some time :D

Caporegime
Yep.

Remember when the Titan Xp came out? No one had a scooby doo. Not a single report until it was released.

Going to grab a 2070 on release, then later consider a Volta Titan which I will water cool. That should do 4K 60fps easily I would image for some time :D
Yer, the TXp was kept very quiet and surprised me also. I will decide what to do after seeing performance but wouldn't mind holding off but my weak will power will undoubtedly kick in.

Caporegime
Yep.

When a product is good there is really no need to hype it up.

Soldato
When a product is good there is really no need to hype it up.
I agree.

1080ti was an example of a perfect release. Reviews one day and (pre)orders the next. That's confidence for you allowing reviews to be read before people have to blindly hit the buy button.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Yer, the TXp was kept very quiet and surprised me also. I will decide what to do after seeing performance but wouldn't mind holding off but my weak will power will undoubtedly kick in.
Yep. I won't be surprised if I see you getting a 2080 once custom ones come out assuming it will be a good 20% faster than what you got, which the chances are it will.

No plans on getting a Titan this round Gregster? One of those water cooled at your resolution will no doubt last for a long time. You probably would not need an upgrade for until you fancied a new 4K ultra wide or something if you got that.

Caporegime
Yep. I won't be surprised if I see you getting a 2080 once custom ones come out assuming it will be a good 20% faster than what you got, which the chances are it will.

No plans on getting a Titan this round Gregster? One of those water cooled at your resolution will no doubt last for a long time. You probably would not need an upgrade for until you fancied a new 4K ultra wide or something if you got that.
No Titan for me unless they are decently priced, which will mean no Titan for me :D I am loving this PG348Q and this will be with me for a few years I imagine.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Tbh I think a 2080 Volta will handle 4k fine, with the occasional non-essential setting dropped :)
Yeah, probably. But I am thinking never done mining, so might get a Titan Volta, stick a block on it and do a bit of mining. Even if it paid for half the cost after a year or two, I would be happy with that. But without mining, you are right, I am too tight to spend a 4 figure sum of a GPU knowing in 18 months it will depreciate by 75% :p

Back
Top Bottom