• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Nvidia’s ace in the hole against AMD: Maxwell is the first GPU with full DirectX 12 support

Ohhh well, I have loads of stuff all backed up, so I will try one of these update installs and see how it goes. If all is swell, happy days but I still have the option of a clean install after it seems.

My current Windows install has gone: Vista -> Win 7 -> Win 8 -> Win 8.1
Inplace upgrade each time! I have stuff in my profile folder going back to 2008! :cool:

Holy. ****.

I can't go 6 months without a fresh (military style 48 hour wipe ;)) format and install to boot :D

Would feel all dirty otherwise :D :D :p

Until last night i was running the Win10 preview, its really nice, however the latest build fugged my Soundblaster Recon3D and i had to keep uninstalling and putting the drivers to default each time i rebooted my PC so i wiped it and put Win8.1 back on.

Now this is interesting because my Win8.1 is via Dreamspark and has a 3 year lease effectively, but today i got the upgrade icon (wifes Laptop had it yesterday however) so effectively i get a free copy of Win10! Well chuffed with that.

So as i work in IT and spend a lot of time with SCCM putting corporate builds on machines ive picked up a few tips ;) and today we had a notification that MS are patching SCCM in preparation for Win10 as well. Also i believe the Windows Phone version is available now as a pre-release and windows phones will also get a free update to Win10.

One tip i know a lot of people including myself use is creating a restore image of a fresh install of Win8.1 once all the current patches and drivers etc are installed and got all your apps and games etc setup. Once you have this you can lob it on a 2nd drive and then should you need to rebuild your OS, just install the basic windows version and then point it at the restore once its up and running and copy your stuff back :)

Oh and another thing to mention, this will be the last ever version of Windows with a number, so no more Windows 11, 12, 55 etc.

Microsofts longterm plan is to introduce Windows10 and then i believe it will just become Microsoft Windows, and updates will be delivered via their patching method.

Oh and another thing to mention, this will be the last ever version of Windows with a number, so no more Windows 11, 12, 55 etc.

Microsofts longterm plan is to introduce Windows10 and then i believe it will just become Microsoft Windows, and updates will be delivered via their patching method.

Welcome to 3 months ago :)

Back
Top Bottom