Obi Wan Kenobi (Disney+)

Soldato
I struggled through it but it was a chore :(

Kinda enjoyed the mandalorian but overall been very disappointed with Disney's handling of the star wars franchise :(

Mandalorian was hit and miss for me, overall good but not great with some stellar standout episodes and a few turkeys. I kept watching it mostly for the great scenery and soundtrack and the old SW feel. Season 2 became very cameo of the week, as though every actor was doing their utmost to get a bit part.

Caporegime
I only heard it when I had my headphones on. Missed it on mobile.

Yup, very subtle to say the least with other sounds over it. Wonder if JEJ will be voicing vader when he inevitably appears, in rogue one the difference in the voice due to age was very noticable. Unless they can tweak it with fx to make it sound a bit younger. Never realised he's now 91, I thought he was in his mid to late 80s.

Soldato
Hyped for this but trailers can do that to you I hope it's as good as it looks.

I enjoyed the mandolorian but the book of boba fett wasn't great, it had its moments but for the most part it wasn't what I hoped for. It's a reason to keep the Disney subscription for now, also all the Alien films coming on the 18th

Soldato
Rouge One and Mando have been good entries in the newer releases, this looks great but I am always a sucker for trailers.

:D

wvCTv2B.png[.img]

SPG

SPG

Soldato
I just thought he was so badly cast and he was not even close the character old OB1 was, I just felt it didn't work at all.

Associate
I think you'd struggle to find anyone who could play a prequel to Guinness. I think Ewan did a pretty great job with what he was given. Out of all the prequels/sequels he's easily put in the best acting performance imo. By the end of Episode 3 you can see how he would become the obiwan of episode 4. episode 1-2 less so

Caporegime
Looks dreadful, probably skip it.
Which is a shame, I wish we'd focus on something new and exciting. Ob1 has had his time, gives us something more. Typical Disney cash grab really.

Caporegime
Ewan is my favourite thing in the prequels. I like him better as Obi Wan than Guiness but this looks like it’s going to take a big old whizz over a new hope and it’s lore. If he fights Vader I’m turning it off. Hunting Obi Wan makes no sense with all the dialogue from new hope. So I can only hope he's more in the background.

Man of Honour
Ewan is my favourite thing in the prequels. I like him better as Obi Wan than Guiness but this looks like it’s going to take a big old whizz over a new hope and it’s lore. If he fights Vader I’m turning it off. Hunting Obi Wan makes no sense with all the dialogue from new hope. So I can only hope he's more in the background.

Its hard to imagine how they’ll do it and fit it into a new hope.

Soldato
Its hard to imagine how they’ll do it and fit it into a new hope.
I have every confidence Disney can balls up the OT with some filler content for their streaming service. Keep the faith, they have the capacity to balls anything Star Wars related up.

I do like Mando though mostly because it seems very un Disney Star Wars. Rebels was ace as well but that was pure Filoni.

Soldato
I have every confidence Disney can balls up the OT with some filler content for their streaming service. Keep the faith, they have the capacity to balls anything Star Wars related up.

I do like Mando though mostly because it seems very un Disney Star Wars. Rebels was ace as well but that was pure Filoni.

I would say The Clone Wars and Rebels did start off very "Disney" and aimed at kids, when they started to realise that in most cases it was an older generation of SW fans that were the core audience the stories on both the shows took a slightly darker and in some cases more grown up approach. I wasnt a fan of the first few episodes of rebels (Maybe the first season) but after it really got into its stride with the lore of the franchise.

Oh and Captain Rex is still probably my fav character in most of the SW Franchise :D

Soldato
@ZXSpectrum I agree Rebels was very much a kids program at first but it matured into a solid story driven series, it's ending was fantastic. Not got all the way through Clone Wars I dot the odd episode on D+ when I feel like it, but I here that it gets very good towards the later series.

Back
Top Bottom