Obi Wan Kenobi (Disney+)

Soldato
As said before enjoyed it for what it was and had some time to reflect on it. These were the areas that I think bothered me.

• How does Reva know the identity of Darth Vader? It is not explained and I highly doubt she is powerful enough of extracting it from his mind. Possibly contained on communications from a holocron might be explanation but still a poor one. Did he tell her himself? Highly unlikely. Maybe she was a witness and saw Anakin killing the youngling's at the Temple or whatever the hell they called the jedi children, but again still poor, he was not likely to leave anyone alive.
  • How can Obi Wan not know that Anakin still lives and is Darth Vader the reveal doesn't make sense?
  • Why is Leia told she's not a real Organa? Like wtf, her entire existence is a secret, you would have thought that the parents would have held that her adoption a secret to their grave.
  • Her persona while being kidnapped for a girl of her age is completely over the top.
  • Where is the music in Star Wars that we all know and love?

Pretty much what I was thinking as well.

Didn't Vader kill I think a storm trooper or a soldier be he knew his identity? I believe in one of the comics so doesn't make sense here, especially when she's low tier.

Soldato
there is no way she survives this series, I suspect she is one of the kids at the start and knew who anakin was and somehow worked out, I don't think the other inquisition dudes know, books say thrawn and tarkin knew but never discussed in public due to Vader being a bit touchy about it lol

Soldato
Didn’t like the killing of the Grand Inquisitor. You rise to the top chasing and killing Jedi in an organisation as ruthless as the Empire. You don’t get killed like that it’s nearly as dumb as Snoke.
Generally ok a few things to not like but hopefully it’ll improve.

Soldato

giphy.gif

Soldato
Didn’t like the killing of the Grand Inquisitor. You rise to the top chasing and killing Jedi in an organisation as ruthless as the Empire. You don’t get killed like that it’s nearly as dumb as Snoke.
Generally ok a few things to not like but hopefully it’ll improve.

Have you watched rebels?

Caporegime
I thought both episodes were good, then realised there is only 4 episodes left so kind of thought the Leia episode is wasted haha

Leia certainly isn't 10!, my missus lifted her head from her book and said same thing lol.

Grand Inquisitor cant be dead, so I'm guessing we're going to see him get cybernetic "fix" like Fennec in Boba Fett?

The kid playing her is 9 apparently so close enough.

Soldato
Obi wan - acting is kind of acceptable star wars level
Reva - my god is she annoying, feels so over acted
Fifth Brother - thought he looked familiar and realised it's han from fast and furious lol
And of course we had Flea....the top notch actor that he is :rolleyes:

First episode was ok, cg was pretty poor in all honesty but it 'caught us up' and introduced us to the 'baddies'.... oh and it took about 5 minutes for it to be in the desert...

Kind of feel the second episode was fluff but I'm guessing the whole premise of the series is obi-wan's 'dark days' and him being 'saved' etc, likely be leia... at least it wasn't in the desert lol.

In all honesty though I struggled with episode 2, I didn't have that issue with Mandalorian or, making it seem even worse, the Star Wars Rebels cartoon (droid wars was just ok), something aimed at 'children'.... thinking about it obi wan just didn't feel 'adult' enough.

Soldato
Have you watched rebels?
Yes I thought it was brilliant although been a while.
Now I've seen you're comment I realise the Grand Inquisitor obviously lives. I'd just forgotten it was same character. The lack of death is less important than it still feels dumb that he is so easily tricked. I just wish they'd stop with this plot device

Soldato
Yes I thought it was brilliant although been a while.
Now I've seen you're comment I realise the Grand Inquisitor obviously lives. I'd just forgotten it was same character. The lack of death is less important than it still feels dumb that he is so easily tricked. I just wish they'd stop with this plot device
Yea that stab was so cheesy, why not make sure he's dead?

Soldato
Reva isnt great so far - Trilla was much better done in J:FO (scarier)
Grand Inquisitor looks goofy and when Reva takes him out its kind of pathetic, like he is just stood still and she stabs him and he doesn't even move at all - too easy?
Odd editing in two bits - when the Tatooine jedi escapes somehow from 3 inquisitors by just running off ? also rooftop chase Obi just manages to go downstairs and everyone stops following / attacking?

Otherwise im liking everything else

Caporegime
It's alright so far (nearing the end of the second episode). As other's have said, the third sister isn't intimidating. Also if Ben is hiding, why the **** is he skulking around dressed as a Jedi? Little Leia needs a slap. The Inquisitors didn't exactly do a great job chasing that guy.....

Like so many things with modern Star Wars, it's fine but doesn't stand out.

Soldato
One thing (none spoilery) I though of recently - When his work colleague gets stiffed on wages by the boss my first thought was "couldn't Obi-wan, who was hanging back to be alone with the boss, use his Jedi Mind trick just to get the boss to pay correctly" - but then looking at Ep2 it seems obvious that he's completely cut himself off from The Force as seen in his struggle to use it later on in the episode. My guess is that people can tracked quite accurately by other users when they use it, so by cutting himself off from The Force he's made himself "invisible" to other Force users such as the group in Ep1 who are <50m away from him but can't sense him.

Back
Top Bottom