Obi Wan Kenobi (Disney+)

Associate
As said before enjoyed it for what it was and had some time to reflect on it. These were the areas that I think bothered me.

• How does Reva know the identity of Darth Vader? It is not explained and I highly doubt she is powerful enough of extracting it from his mind. Possibly contained on communications from a holocron might be explanation but still a poor one. Did he tell her himself? Highly unlikely. Maybe she was a witness and saw Anakin killing the youngling's at the Temple or whatever the hell they called the jedi children, but again still poor, he was not likely to leave anyone alive.
  • How can Obi Wan not know that Anakin still lives and is Darth Vader the reveal doesn't make sense?
  • Why is Leia told she's not a real Organa? Like wtf, her entire existence is a secret, you would have thought that the parents would have held that her adoption a secret to their grave.
  • Her persona while being kidnapped for a girl of her age is completely over the top.
  • Where is the music in Star Wars that we all know and love?

Caporegime
I love how he instantly found the exact spot where his sabre was buried, presumably 10 years earlier, apparently the sand on tattooine is unaffected by the wind so nothing ever moves. :p

Soldato
I love how he instantly found the exact spot where his sabre was buried, presumably 10 years earlier, apparently the sand on tattooine is unaffected by the wind so nothing ever moves. :p
It doesn't matter if the sands have shifted. He's a space wizard, he can sense his lightsabre.

Associate
Saw ep 1 and gotta say these short disney shows are putting put some good stuff
Also think if ewan McGregor wasn't playing obi it wouldn't be as good

Associate
Reva was a youngling, there is a cut back to order 66 in the temple when she is with a group of other younglings and their master trying to protect them.
Ok so maybe they will add some flashbacks whereby Anakin has more of past relationship with her and then i still won't be okay with it but at least its something, but its still weird to me, even if you watched the animated series did his own Padawan know she was fighting her old master till she damaged his mask, then she finds out lol. I only think it's a bit silly because Vader's true vulnerability is with himself and his guilt associated with his past and name sake, the Emperor knows this and having some weak ass inquisitors know this makes no sense to me anyhow, especially since the Sith are dickheads who exploit peoples vulnerable feelings. Also Darth Vader is like a 6ft 9 in his whole getup and does not show his face, still seems odd to me that she knows it's him still.

Soldato
Well that was...............interesting.

The casting of the little girl is very odd, I can understand why there's so much confusion as the actress looks, moves and talks like a 5-6 year old, not a 10 year old and all the chase scenes are just utter rubbish as grown adults struggle to catch her. The CGI looked sub-par far too many times for Lucasfilm, the sets and costumes looked almost like cosplay at times (a big slip-up from a dept which rarely puts a foot wrong). I also find it unbelievable just how poor the writing was with utterly stupid decisions being made that no-one would ever make but the awful story writers needed something to happen so..................

Obi-wan, knowing that for the past 10 years Jedi have been hunted, still doesn't see the trap, then goes to a spaceport dressed up as a Jedi wearing his lightsabre openly and then, after turning up to the big city and finds out about the bounty on his head, still runs around with his hood down so everyone can see his face - Wow, great storywriting!!!

Never mind that Leia can outrun adults, never mind the sudden "roof top fight" which stopped the instant the story needed Leia to talk to Obi-wan, never mind that Sen. Organa didn't send his own people after his daughter, or that he knew exactly which cave Obi-wan lived in etc etc - Jesus the story-writing was so bad!

On the positive side I really liked the Cyberpunk visuals in Ep2 and I liked Rupert Friend as the Grand Inquisitor but I was most happily surprised by Reva and how much she made me hate her as a villain, a strange choice in modern times to made a black woman a deliberate target of hate I thought.

Soldato
Was ok I give it a 6/10. Leia was annoying wanted her to stfu towards the end. Reva was about as intimidating as a poodle, they could have given her a bad ass fight scene with the Jedi bloke but no lazy Disney do it off screen. In fact all the inquisitors do is march around shoulder barging people shouting move while bullying the extras. The more I think about it the lower the score gets. Obi wan better get his **** together next episode and fire up that light saber. I can see this being a Reva redemption show rather than the Obi wan show. Would Disney really have a Black women as a baddie? I highly doubt that.

Soldato
Thought it was a very good two episodes however the main inquisitor is a flamin idiot and his part absolutely wasted.

Episode 2 I thought was good but as mentioned, a certain high level fight instantly terminated. Very odd.

Associate
I thought both episodes were good, then realised there is only 4 episodes left so kind of thought the Leia episode is wasted haha

Leia certainly isn't 10!, my missus lifted her head from her book and said same thing lol.

Grand Inquisitor cant be dead, so I'm guessing we're going to see him get cybernetic "fix" like Fennec in Boba Fett?

Back
Top Bottom