Obi Wan Kenobi (Disney+)

Caporegime
Reva isnt great so far - Trilla was much better done in J:FO (scarier)
Grand Inquisitor looks goofy and when Reva takes him out its kind of pathetic, like he is just stood still and she stabs him and he doesn't even move at all - too easy?
Odd editing in two bits - when the Tatooine jedi escapes somehow from 3 inquisitors by just running off ? also rooftop chase Obi just manages to go downstairs and everyone stops following / attacking?

Otherwise im liking everything else

Honestly

That rooftop stuff was just awful.

Starting with Reva standing on the edge of a building surveying the city like she's batman or something.

The whole Obi Wan chasing Leia and not being able to catch her.

Him using the force to stop her splattering on the ground, then 2 seconds later getting down from the building to be next to her.

The whole using the force part is ridiculous too. He literally says like 5 minutes earlier he can't use the force as it'll attract the Inquisitors to them. So he uses the force to save her splattering and then we see Reva still doing the worst choreographed parkour over the rooftops not even managing to track them down without talking to Haja.

Soldato
How is it that I liked this right after watching it last night and now after 24 hours of thing about it I hate that annoying little kid so much I wish she would take a sharp quick exit out of the next 4 episodes.....

Caporegime
I'm really quite tempted to (temporarily) get a Disney+ subscription for this. Have watched a bit of the other Disney Starwars stuff at my mum's house and loved what I've seen of the Mandalorian, am hoping this will be as good. :)

Soldato
Disney have started up a Race campaign to deflect all criticism of the show.

They going hard lol

My thoughts

Poor writing, god awful chase scene, awful parkour (the office did it better), Leia is annoying, Old Ben turned into one of those guys that pays other men to sleep with his wife.

Last edited:
Soldato
It's only ok when they do it, wonder how they'll market this in China and other countries with actual racial issues...

Think I'll wait until the while series drops before watching it

Soldato

They going hard lol

My thoughts

Poor writing, god awful chase scene, awful parkour (the office did it better), Leia is annoying, Old Ben turned into one of those guys that pays other men to sleep with his wife.
I don't think we should be dismissing the impact of racist abuse towards a cast member as a 'campaign'. She was obviously and rightly distressed and decided to share it...what the company did outside of that is immaterial. Its equally dumb as some people seemed to miss the part where she is acting as required and has a body of work that proves that she can act.

The same with Leia. She's a kid, hired for the role. People really aren't learning from what happened to Jake Lloyd here.
As you rightly say this show has a lot of issues and morons are using these two individuals as an easy option to let out their weird anger issues.

Soldato
Have I missed something here?

I’m guessing the internet has gone after the actor that plays Reva like they did the one that played Rose in the sequels?

Soldato
I don't think we should be dismissing the impact of racist abuse towards a cast member as a 'campaign'. She was obviously and rightly distressed and decided to share it...what the company did outside of that is immaterial. Its equally dumb as some people seemed to miss the part where she is acting as required and has a body of work that proves that she can act.

The same with Leia. She's a kid, hired for the role. People really aren't learning from what happened to Jake Lloyd here.
As you rightly say this show has a lot of issues and morons are using these two individuals as an easy option to let out their weird anger issues.
It's all manufactured. The "abusive" comments she posted are such low effort and superficial that you would have to be a super special snow-flake to let them get to you. You can only imagine how hard she had to dig to find them among the endless of support and positive, "slay queen!" kind of comments she has been receiving. Plus they are nothing compared to what Disney did to John Boyega to appease the Chinese market.

She was already race-baiting before the show even started. The timing of it just reeks of desperation and manufactured outrage that we've been accustomed to lately.

Anyway the show is garbage and I couldn't care less but hardcore fans are justified to be angered.

Last edited:
Soldato
Have I missed something here?

I’m guessing the internet has gone after the actor that plays Reva like they did the one that played Rose in the sequels?
"Gone after' if by that you mean she was a **** actor and it was a **** character (which were 99% of the comments) then sure.

As noted above, it's manufactured, low effort ******.

Soldato
If Moses Ingram is receiving abuse that's not right. But I don't remember this being an issue for Rosario Dawson or Giancarlo Esposito. Badly written characters get abuse which is unfair on the actors but blame the writers and directors.

Soldato

If she is receiving racial abuse then the abusers can eat pig dung and die.

Soldato
It's all manufactured. The "abusive" comments she posted are such low effort and superficial that you would have to be a super special snow-flake to let them get to you. You can only imagine how hard she had to dig to find them among the endless of support and positive, "slay queen!" kind of comments she has been receiving. Plus they are nothing compared to what Disney did to John Boyega to appease the Chinese market.

She was already race-baiting before the show even started. The timing of it just reeks of desperation and manufactured outrage that we've been accustomed to lately.

Anyway the show is garbage and I couldn't care less but hardcore fans are justified to be angered.
White guy completely dismissing any and all racist attacks on black person and then justifying said racist attacks because the "show is garbage and hardcore fans are justified to be angered"
Suppose I should expect that online these days, didn't necessarily think I'd see them on OCUK....

Soldato
White guy completely dismissing any and all racist attacks on black person and then justifying said racist attacks because the "show is garbage and hardcore fans are justified to be angered"
Suppose I should expect that online these days, didn't necessarily think I'd see them on OCUK....
She didn't post any racist comments just random mean comments that anyone with any kind of following would get, it's just because she is black the actual racists make it about race. I'm actually surprised she couldn't even find the usual racist comments coming from bots.

OCUK is not an echo chamber so any naive view will be challenged.

Caporegime
Episode 3 was awesome, Looks like Vada took Reva under his wing, will be interesting to see if vader took her during order 66, its looking that way..... But when vader was breaking the necks of the children she was flinching a lot.....
It's customary to wait 24 hours after the episode is available before posting spoilers for this weeks episodes.

rp2000

Back
Top Bottom