OC(UK) Host Review :-)

Associate
Hi,

It's a good idea, and well implemented. I'll submit a couple of hosts and some comments sometime soon. However, I do think it would be better to rate the hosts out of a total mark of 5, rather than 10, as I think the scale is slightly large as it is - people hitting 10 immediately and not bothering with the other scores. :)

Adz

Adz

Soldato
OP
I've nuked his 'extra' reviews but haven't banned his IP. Hopefully he'll be mature enough not to try again and too instead concentrate his energy on improving his business.

Adz

Adz

Soldato
OP
Any suggestions from the community on what to do about the last comment left about Reg1? Eyedot has already asked for it to be removed.

I don't want to arbitrarily censor comments but it does appear to be largely unfounded and most likely is libelous (on the reviewer's part, not ours).

I'm leaning towards removing the potentially libelous part but leaving the rest of the comment and the rating intact at the moment.

Associate
I can't see how it's libelous as it doesn't seem to slur the company. Maybe you could incorporate a feature whereby they enter a domain hosted with the company and you run a domain/ip whois to check the validity of the review before it's made public on the site?

<edit>changed typo "can" to "can't"</edit>

Adz

Adz

Soldato
OP
Decided to remove it in the end. As TheBeanSprout said, it's not a review, he's also given a false OcUK username and a false e-mail address.

If you're going to make comments like that, you could at least be upfront about it!

Adz

Adz

Soldato
OP
Eyedot is far too smug, need to beat his rating. I know a lot of you guys use Registron...if you do, please vote. 21 ratings to beat.

Thanks guys :)

Adz

Adz

Soldato
OP
Just for the record, to prevent any accusations of foul play, I've removed this review...

Posted on Monday 06th June 2005 at 1:22 am

na rated 2host (UK Webhosting Ltd) 1 out of 10

Review text: expensive

...for the same reasons I removed the Reg1 comment - the OcUK username is false, the e-mail address given is false and the comment is unfounded and serves no purpose.

Back
Top Bottom